Topic: Reno-Fernley Chili & Movie Nights

The Lemons Fire Department… in conjunction with Team 31, Inc... proudly (okay, how about with great reluctance) announces “CHILI and a MOVIE”

Yes, that’s right… you’re personally invited to enjoy a tasty bowl of Firehouse Chili while enjoying a great night at the movies… and it’s all for a good cause!  The movie is free but we’re asking a $3 donation for the chili (2 bowls for $5).  Proceeds will be donated to the Santa Clara Valley Medical Burn Center (San Jose, CA) – a non-profit hospital serving fire fighters and fire burn victims.  This burn center is the primary burn facility for all of Northern California.  The whole Fire Department thing is part of our Lemons theme and… well, it’s just a damn good cause!  If you see someone without a bowl of chili… buy’em one… then make them buy you a beer!

We’re planning a showing of LeMans, Grand Prix, The Italian Job (the ORIGINAL version, of course!), and/or It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (how appropriate!).  And, if the chili is just right, we’ll put on Blazing Saddles!  We have other titles available, so let us know what movies sounds the best.

When: Friday, 22 May and Saturday, 23 May
Where: At the track… Reno-Fernley… in the #31 pit space.
What Time:  The chili will start being served around 5:00pm both nights (until we run out) and the movie will start when it’s dark enough to see the outdoor screen.  BYOB and a lawn chair… or throw a pillow on the ground.  Chili includes onions, cheese, crackers, bowl and spoon.  Ahhh, hell... we'll throw the heartburn in for free!!!

If our car survives Reno and our team is accepted at the upcoming West Coast events, we’ll be doing this again… with movies like The Racers, Winning, Bullitt, On Any Sunday, The Blues Brothers, The Great Race or videos of the 2001-2004 British Touring Car Championships, the 1968-1969-1998-1999-2000 24 Hours of LeMans.  Tell us what you’d like to see…

All the best -
John

"Age only matters if you're a cheese."  Helen Hayes

Re: Reno-Fernley Chili & Movie Nights

Again, HUGE props to this team and this project.  You guys are taking Lemons to a whole new level and a whole new place. 

That place, of course, is respectability, where Lemons has never gone before.

ERIK!!!!!   Oh, geeez... no... not that!  Not respectability!!!!  How about compassion, or public service, or placating the fire gods... anything but respectability!

John

I have here by cursed your car.  Your cause is good, your car is respectable and we all know what that means.... ahhahaahahahahahahahaha

Damn you!  Damn your curse!  And I'll save you a bowl of the chili which is an even greater insult!

Very cool idea! May I suggest playing Cannonball Run in honor of Captain Chaos, R.I.P.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

7 (edited by professional.dreamer 2009-05-05 11:54 AM)

Cannonball Run?  You mean, with Burt whatshisname?  Dom Deluise was the best part of that entire movie!  Geez... that one may have to come before the committee.  Ever see the movie "The Big Bus"?  Same genre... only worse.

Dom Deluise -- He just died this morning!  Crap!  I just read the post of his passing 5 minutes ago... this was after I posted the above.  Okay, maybe we'll have to consider the movie now.

5 May 2009: LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Dom DeLuise, who spiced up such movies as "Blazing Saddles," "Silent Movie" and "The Cannonball Run" with his manic delivery and roly-poly persona, has died, his son's publicist told CNN.

Movie idea---the original Deathrace.  Perhaps the tackiest movie EVAR

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Death Race!  Now there's an infamous classic!  I'm sure you're referring to the 1975 version -- Death Race 2000- -- with David Carradine and NOT the 2002 re-make of Death Race 2008.  DR2000 is truly worth considering because it's sooo bad. 

The Lemons Frankenmiata Team should have picked that one!  Remember "Frankenstein" the masked driver?

I'm surprised no one has brought up Mad Max!

Oh, yeah-Sly Stallone and Carradine.  Wow that movie was bad!  DR2000 wasn't great, but it was completely different that the original POS.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

I vote for "Used Cars." Fine Kurt Russell vehicle, and the Malaise Era cars are pure awesome.

MurileeMartin wrote:

I vote for "Used Cars." Fine Kurt Russell vehicle, and the Malaise Era cars are pure awesome.

One of my favorites. I wonder if Reno/Fernley will allow us to blast Lincolns with shotguns?

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

Maybe out behind T12C or T15...

Anybody partial to "Duel" with Dennis Weaver?  1971 film by newbie director, Steven Spielberg.  His first full length film.