Topic: most races in one season for a team/car

who here has done the most races with the same car in one season?

we are going to try to make it to 4 races this year with our car. has anyone done 6 or more with the same car in one season?

It's a Miata, get him........

Re: most races in one season for a team/car

I did 3 races one year 2@ AMP 1@Thill

Anton in the Cavalier wagon did Lemons race 2, 3 @AMP 4,Detroit and 5 @ t hill

But that was before there was a race every month!!!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

We ran our first race in Houston Oct. 08.  We've run the same car in Houston March 09 and New Orleans 09.  It's hurt now, but will be repaired by October.  We may take it to Ohio, and we'll definitely take it back to Houston in late October.  That'll be 5 races in about one calendar year.

Property Devaluation Racing

Drivers wanted for TX races

We're planning three this year: RLR, Buttonwillow and T-Hill.

These will be our 6, 7, and 8 races.  I think our previous record is 2 in a year.  More than that would actually require serious travel.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

We are doing 4 possibly 5 this year with the Z.

We were supposed to do three last year but ended up missing Thunderhill because of the foot and a half of snow we got here the week before.  We did Altamont last year as well as Toledo.

Team Oly Express
Current car - 1964.5 Plymouth Barracuda, Former car - Size Does Matter 1967 Plymouth Fury
07 IOE Winner Thunderhill, 12 IOE Winner Sears Pointless
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Team- … 4609354407

I'm doing four this year, but with three different cars.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Lemons is a blast but driving to Toledo is quite commited !!!

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER

9 (edited by X-args 2009-06-23 08:39 AM)

We have done 6 races with the Cavalier, including 3 Altamont smashfests and Detroit '07, the WORST track by far in my opinion.

I regret to inform the assembled masses that we have retired the first 1987 Cavalier Wagon. After the roll at T-Hill '08, it is just too compromised. The cage did fine, and we could resurrect it one more time, but it's just a bit used up. It has aged in 'LeMon Years' which are like dog years where 1 racing mile = 1000 street miles.

For Buttonwillow we've got the second 1987 Cavalier wagon just about ready.
A few small tweaks to meet '09 tech and our mint-condition 'granny car' ($350 from the now demented owner's daughter) will be unleashed on the Lemons gentry. It's so nice to be starting in this new era of 'not punting other cars off' racing with a now-straight car. Altamont sure took it out of the poor Cav.

Volvo PV544 (RIP) - now with Chevy 3.9 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 142 races and counting.
2/25/24

The red wagon is coming back west??

Yep, it's the only 1987 Cavalier we have left.
Why 1987? well, the Cav got a slight 'rounded edges' restyle for '88, and the '86 V6 was an iron-head abomination. We wanted the square look with the later power, and parts are still stupidly easy to find at Pick Your Part. Lots of 'Ghetto Fabulous' J-cars are reaching the end of the cost/value/repairability index...

Volvo PV544 (RIP) - now with Chevy 3.9 power!
2007/2012/2013 Driver's Championship (what was I thinking!?) 142 races and counting.
2/25/24

SWEET!  w/cimmaron v8?

We plan to do 3 this year.. (we would do more if there were more west coast events)

RFR, Buttonwillow, Thill

X-args wrote:

Yep, it's the only 1987 Cavalier we have left

It's not too late to make it a Cimarron!