Topic: ok, ok, lemme' just make sure i got this one stright.

ok, i got that acceptance email yesterday and i must thank all you kind admin for giving us a chance to live the dream. but first i got a question. im pretty sure i know the answer but i just wanna' make sure. rule 4.5 says

4.5: Sponsorships: Conned some hardworking corp into giving you parts or cash? Nice work, but it still counts toward the $500 total. We recommend blowing that sponsorship dough on other stuff instead--hotel rooms, gasoline, entry fees, pedicures, driver suits, personal male enhancement medication, travel expenses, Freudian therapy for the organizers...things like that.

that just means that any free parts must be counted at fair market value, not that the sponsorship itself counts towards the 500 dollar limit. eg. 500dollar car + 500 dollar sponsorship = 1000 perceived dollars spent.

Holton St Eurotrash
84ish porsche 924s
- ct 10 ate bolt, heroic fix.
- nh 11 1st to cover track in oil.

Re: ok, ok, lemme' just make sure i got this one stright.

Right, the value of free parts (other than safety-related gear, including tires, brakes, driver's seat, etc) from sponsors must be applied to the build cost. If you get 800 bobblehead dogs from a sponsor and stick them on the car, we'll probably let that slide, but you North Carolina teams who work in NASCAR shops (yeah, we know who you are) can forget about stuffing that engine that was "just sitting in the warehouse" into your grandma's old Cordoba.

The non-car-building costs of Lemons totally dwarf the cost of the car itself, so this isn't much of a hardship- you get money from a sponsor, there's plenty of expense to soak up. Speaking of which, has any Reno team managed to get a sponsorship from a brothel yet?

Brothel sponsor?  You mean we pay them or they pay us?

"Age only matters if you're a cheese."  Helen Hayes

professional.dreamer wrote:

Ditto, lol!

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

professional.dreamer wrote:

Sounds like a good pit crew service, but if we succeeded in getting the driver out on track after that, he'd likely fall asleep...

hmmm......pit bunnies

Holton St Eurotrash
84ish porsche 924s
- ct 10 ate bolt, heroic fix.
- nh 11 1st to cover track in oil.