1 (edited by sbarton 2009-06-19 11:13 AM)

Topic: Stafford Festivities

When do we get a chance to party?  Track's closed Friday, and the racing goes until 10pm Sat with lights out at Midnight.  That leaves only 2 hours for drinking!? yikes

I'm assuming there is no drinking while the race is going on.  I mean drinking and driving/racing sounds like fun, but I'm guessing Jay's insurance carrier may not go for it.  sad 

What;s the scoop? 

-Scott

Scott Barton

Re: Stafford Festivities

what, you can't drink in the dark?

my team is going up friday to relax (drink) and get ready for saturday.  they have a night of racing (modifieds and such) on friday that i'm gonna try and catch too.  from what i've seen they let you camp out in the parking lot over night fri/sat.  seemed like last year people were queued up out there from the night before when we showed up early

we're pussies we got hotel rooms... goin up friday as well...

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

You really haven't been following along, have you? Team UDMan (Trailing Throttle Oversteer) will be firing up not one but two smokers for a BBQ. So far, I haven't found a Beer Garden sponsor, so it looks like you will have to bring your own (beer).

Yes, the lights go out at midnight, because that's the local noise ordinance. And there won't be any racing until Noon on Sunday.

5 (edited by sbarton 2009-06-24 11:51 AM)

Are you looking for a place to have beer or are you looking for someone to sponsor a beer garden?  Team Duct Tape Motorsports was thinking about doing something like that, but haven't finalized plans. 

Where and when is the BBQ going on?  Maybe we can work something out. 

-Scott

Scott Barton

sbarton wrote:

Are you looking for a place to have beer or are you looking for someone to sponsor a beer garden?  Team Duct Tape Motorsports was thinking about doing something like that, but haven't finalized plans. 

Where and when is the BBQ going on?  Maybe we can work something out. 

-Scott

Scott,
I sent a e-mail to everyone competing (much to the chagrin of Nick, who wondered how I did that). The BBQ will commence right after the track goes cold, and I have 2 smokers lined up (One with a bit vat of NE Style Clam Chowder, just for the event...). We have a tentative beer garden set up, with a trailer and taps, but as of yet, no confirmation.

Which brings me to the following request: To all teams who want to participate in the BBQ. If the Beer Garden fails to materialize, it will be BYOB, so bring plenty to share, and lots-o-ice as well, ok, and lots-o-coolers.... can't have warm beer.

Oh, and lots-o-nonalcoholic beverages, you know, for those who don't get drunk (like my mechanics, who are going to change brake linings after the first day!!!!)