Re: What Trophy Do You, the Little People, Care About?

My vote would be 1982 Triumph TR-8 with the factory Lucas fuel injection....it would be a win to just drive it onto the trailer....

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

27 (edited by Solracer 2009-06-26 01:28 AM)

The problem with winning both the IOE and the race is coming up with something effluent but still reliable, quick and with decent handling enough to win. Seems to be pretty easy to get two of those three but hitting all three is going to require something really off the wall or a lottery-winning level of luck. I'm thinking something like a Fiat 131 or AMC Gremlin might be able to pull it off (or maybe a certain French car but I don't want to jinx ourselves :-).

You have a point about the Gremlin....304 V-8, the bulletproof TorqueFlight (Torquflyte?) trans, and Delco ignition should be reliable....for handling, just rely on big tires and hope for the best

Jim "Endo" Anderton

The only trophies I think about are the ones I take home each night on my knuckles after an evening of wrenching.  It normally go like, "see honey, I was working hard."  The response is something like, "you only have yourself to blame".

Not all who wander are lost.

jimeditorial wrote:

You have a point about the Gremlin....304 V-8, the bulletproof TorqueFlight (Torquflyte?) trans, and Delco ignition should be reliable....for handling, just rely on big tires and hope for the best

There's actually an ex-IMSA Gremlin on eBay right now and it even looks quite lemony but with a Buy It Now price of $4500 is going to be pretty hard to sneak past the judges:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMC-GREM … otohosting

I think it was underwater !

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Wow. What a piece of history. Did you check out the olde skool AutoMeter instruments sticker?

Philosophy of life: old age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth, enthusiasm and cash. General smartass know it all beer swilling ne'er do well. Avoid eye contact with this person, best avoided completely. 2008 Animal House Racing CMP 'Most Likely To Leave In An Ambulance' 2009 Blind Rodent Racing CMP 2010 Team Galileo CMP 2011 Roundhouse Kick Racing CMP 2012 Road Kill Grill Racing CMP (x2)

Holy rambling single paragraph description!

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

TL;DR

I'm shooting for least horrible yank tank at Buttonwillow. We are too slow to win, and not bizarre enough for IOE.

Solracer wrote:
jimeditorial wrote:

There's actually an ex-IMSA Gremlin on eBay right now and it even looks quite lemony but with a Buy It Now price of $4500 is going to be pretty hard to sneak past the judges:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMC-GREM … otohosting

I'm not reading all that for a rusty Gremlin.

1980 Chevy Malibu Classic

I like want an I killed three engies in to cars trophy.
  we had to go buy a car in town with an engine that was some what close to what was in our car and converted it it fit over night then it lost cooland and fried too.  so both of our cars were dead and we had a blast.  Fernly rocks!
man we wanted that trophy sad

Our team has run two races and placed 24th twice now. Being how this is the "24" hours of Lemons I suggested a trophy for 24th place but I heard crickets........lol

A trophy would be nice but everyone knows the experiance is the prize!

1980 Chevy Malibu Classic

How about a trophy for least amount of laps !!
Or one for no dents after race ,well that isn't that bad now,or most beat up after race .

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER

fabtoys wrote:

That's the "I got Screwed" trophy.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

RobL wrote:
fabtoys wrote:

That's the "I got Screwed" trophy.

You can run the race and still get screwed and get a lot of laps.

I agree with the IOE, I think it is a great and deserving reward to any individual that receives it.  What about an award (no money, just a trophy or something) that recognizes the car that does the most with the least factory HP to kind of go along with the IOE.  Isn't that essentially doing the most with the least as well? 

(This obviously having nothing to do with the fact that our Colt only has 68 factory horses under its hood.)

"Sharp as Bear Claws and Slicker Than Goose Shit"
Lab Rats Motorsports
1990 VW Jetta
Charlotte, NC

There's already a most with the least award.  I like that award, but the IOE is more important to me.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

44 (edited by cpmskinny 2009-07-01 12:29 PM)

The IOE is the most with the least award but it is not based on HP alone.  The LTD won it at CMP in the spring, right?  How much HP does that have from the factory?  Bet it is more than 68 to move that beast around.

Lab Rats Motorsports
1990 VW Jetta
Charlotte, NC

I don't think that's so, skinny.  I thought they were separate awards in SC...

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

46 (edited by cpmskinny 2009-07-01 12:31 PM)

I could be severely mistaken, but I thought it was the same.  I have been wrong before.  You know what?  come to think of it, the Alpha won that other award, right?  See I was wrong

Lab Rats Motorsports
1990 VW Jetta
Charlotte, NC

I care about the Fastest Krautwagen trophy we were supposed to get at Thunderhill #1. I passed the Crash Test Dummies E30 for 10th place with maybe 5 minutes before the checkered flag, not aware of our track position at the time.

We went to the award ceremony, Jay handed everything out, Fastest Krautwagen medals went to Crash Test Dummies, we all cheered, went home, looked at the final standings, and realized we had been robbed of our moment of glory.

We gave Jay some shit about it, and I think he said he would get us medals, and then we forgot about the whole thing. Until now! So where are our medals? Maybe the Crash Test Dummies can publicly surrender them at the next Thill or we can have a tag team ladder match for 'em

Driving While Awesome #44
Porsche 944
BMW 325e

Our team already won IOE once so can't win that one again.  We wanted to win fastest Yank Tank but they changed the award last race to Least Horrible Yank Tank so when we finally got fastest American car they give it to a Cadillac which probably was actually the Least Horrible Yank Tank.

Team Oly Express
Current car - 1964.5 Plymouth Barracuda, Former car - Size Does Matter 1967 Plymouth Fury
07 IOE Winner Thunderhill, 12 IOE Winner Sears Pointless
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Team- … 4609354407

Was that the horned Eldorado at Reno?

Jim "Endo" Anderton

Yep, think we were the only two cars in the race that had to add weight to the car to make it handle right.  We have two cylinder heads (50 pounds a piece) and an old Cop Car weight transfer box in the back that is another 50 pounds.

Team Oly Express
Current car - 1964.5 Plymouth Barracuda, Former car - Size Does Matter 1967 Plymouth Fury
07 IOE Winner Thunderhill, 12 IOE Winner Sears Pointless
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Team- … 4609354407