Topic: Car count for Reno?

any one know how many crap cans are coming?
How many E30's?
How many vw's?
How many mazda's?

All I know is that the Fire ball squerrels of furry Team will be there with less buning Scirocco and a worked wall smashing Audi 4000!

Re: Car count for Reno?

check here:  http://jalopnik.com/5214810/effluency-r … -of-lemons

looks like 9 e30's... lol

Did I hear right that there are only 90 cars??

It'll be 100+.

That's 100+ for lap 1.
98 for lap 2...
94 for lap 3...
92 for lap 4...
(At this time in the race, over confidence builds up by all the Newbs... their having survived 3 laps at any speed over 45 miles per hour resulting in a T3 incident)
84 for lap 5...
82 for lap 6...

John

"Age only matters if you're a cheese."  Helen Hayes

I'm assuming they will probably run the field on yellow for at least 30 minutes like they did at Thill last year.  I'm betting at least 4-5 cars overheat in the first 10 minutes!

The pre-green yellow-flag session depends a lot on the timing and scoring guys. We have to check each transponder individually during that period, and sometimes the T&S guy gets overwhelmed. At Texas and SC this year, the transponder check has been less than 10 mins. (Which still led to a couple of blow-ups).

Any word on the general mood and attitude of the corner workers and tow truck drivers at Reno?  Is it going to be another Thunderhill yellow-flag fest, or will cars be allowed to actually break down and sit there?  I know it's been hashed over before, but we must have ran 1/3 or more of Thunderhill under yellow.  Can a not-so-kind word from the organizers (such as: f-em.  Let em sit there) sway the behavior of the track guys?

I honestly have no idea how the behind-the-scenes work for actual races, but I know at HPDE's it's fairly easy to sway the way the corners are behaving.

9 (edited by Ottobon 2009-05-08 04:08 PM)

You know you have one hell of a race series when someone complains about "only 90 cars."  And that list looks like a trackday from hell!

It is one hell of a series!
I like having many cars to pass!

04 Rabbit Man wrote:

It is one hell of a series!
I like having many cars to pass!

He means, he likes having many cars to pass when pushing his car through tech.  He's not referring to anything on the track...

"Age only matters if you're a cheese."  Helen Hayes

ya well I passed a few last time tell the fire ball hapend.