Re: Lesson Learned In DC this weekend

Judge Jonny wrote:

That picture is what Lemons is all about.

Well, that picture if it included one of Speedy Cop's cars on fire.

Here's another that IS Lemons:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1071/4723283198_2b08ee3267.jpg

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

JThw8 wrote:

I want to write Om, nom, nom on the wartburg, looks like you are running in fear of being eaten wink

The grill and headlights seem perfect for the "imma chargin mah lazer" meme.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

There's not enough smoke in that picture. Clearly a photoshop.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Nick had the very best smoky Rocketbird shots. Nick? POST 'EM!

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

I thought we had teh largest car on track (malibu in background)  until that hulking beast of a vehicle came out!  I had heard rumors of that thing and sure enough IT IS AWESOME!

Good work just thinking up something that terrific / horrific?!

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

My brother GAVE AWAY a 1966 Lincoln Continental Coupe.  It had to be at least as big as the pink Caddy.

It happened about a year before we decided on entering Lemons.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Speedycop wrote:

Nick had the very best smoky Rocketbird shots. Nick? POST 'EM!

All I got:

http://ronman.org/pics/Lemons/co10/img_3232_std.jpg
http://ronman.org/pics/Lemons/co10/img_3242_std.jpg

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

It was kinda sad to not see the thunderturd on track all weekend, and then only see it overheated and dead on pit off at the end of the race.  I especially feel bad for your teammates.  One of these races maybe you'll get it sorted out and it will see a bunch of track time.  smile

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Yeah, maybe.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

The teammates got seat time in the Lincoln, though none of us got as much as we would have liked. Had it not been for Friday night's sudden water pump failure, we might have made laps all weekend in the Tbird. After hundreds of hours of work since Gingerman, it wasn't as unprepared as some have made out, we just had bad luck.

Love that camber loss in the first pic!

I would love to see this thing turning laps!

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

37 (edited by Jer 2010-06-24 02:15 PM)

One thing I will say about this racing is that if there's a test day, that is a great way to get seat time prior to the race as well as potentially sort out issues.  we all got stints on track on Friday, and I think we all felt better about the track and about the money spent because no matter what, everyone got a stint.  We even got our brethren in the MR2 time on track in our car.  smile

1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

Speedycop wrote:

After hundreds of hours of work since Gingerman,...

ouch.  Well, you gotta be close now, right!?  big_smile

Spank: I could post a call for Citroen drivers on Jalopnik, if you don't mind getting a bunch of confused emails.

40 (edited by Spank 2010-06-24 07:22 PM)

Judge Phil wrote:

Spank: I could post a call for Citroen drivers on Jalopnik, if you don't mind getting a bunch of confused emails.

Yes and no.

It would have been cool to bring it up there, but I'm already bringing 2 cars up there as it is now (BTW: there is "I" in team-- ME) and I have dilly-dallied too much with the new build to be able to give the sChitroen the once-over before hauling it to the track. It hasn't even been started since returning from Sears Pointless.

I know there's "plenty of time" to get it ready, but I've got issues to work out on the Apollo 18 car. And my tow rig went T.O. and my newsed one is throwing transmission codes at me. Plus I fly back east for 2 weeks-- the weeks right before ArseSweat meaning when I get back I have 3 days turnaround before I have to leave for Thunderhill.

If you'd have mentioned that a week ago, I'd have taken you up on it. Now? Not so much. But I appreciate it.

Sorry, just trying to be realistic for my family for once. They deserve it.