1 (edited by simpsonian 2009-05-22 05:16 PM)

Topic: Power @ the Lamest Day?

Anybody have insight on the power situation @ Nelson Ledges? I was seriously thinking about bringing a few OMP1 access points for a telemetry / feed network.

(https://www.open-mesh.com/store/product … 252dRouter)

Nevermind that my car doesn't run well, I'm all about banned F1 technologies (two way telemetry, and ferrofluid struts)

Re: Power @ the Lamest Day?

According to the events link

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/events/lamestday09/

Electrical Hookups: No. Please bring generators for any needed power. Remember, we're in the middle of Amish country here.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I guess I should have read that. smile

That's fine. A generator I can do. I wonder if they'd let me mount of a few yagi's on a 20 foot pole?

Although I've only done one Lemons, I'm pretty certain that the WiFi infrastructure at the race track is uber-low on their priority list. I'd say do it until somebody says stop.

Do tell about the live telemetry though. I was reading how another team (Sharks, I think) did this using a Make controller and a bunch of other magic electrical computer crap. Apparently it doesn't fix a busted left front strut though sad

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

There should be no problem with you errecting a 20 foot pole in your paddock area at Nelsons.

Spud.

Remember, it's never too early to start embellishing the past.

"so there I was, 90mph, sideways on the brink of death ..."

Spud wrote:

There should be no problem with you errecting a 20 foot pole in your paddock area at Nelsons.

Spud.

Or a 20 foot tall bonfire in the camping area.  FWIW, at the WERA race weekends at the ledges, they do have wifi - I don't know if WERA brings it, or if it's the tracks equipment....

John

The only wifi on site is for transmission of timing info. If you want to do something in that realm your gonna need all your own gear.

simpsonian wrote:

Nevermind that my car doesn't run well,

and that makes you different how, exactly?  smile

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

I'm planning on putting a 14db omnidirectional antenna 30-40' up in the air for wifi communications/webcam/mp3/bullhorn streaming to our car.  we should link our networks.

I can even give you access to the bullhorn on the roof of our car, so you can yell things at other drivers from the paddock.. smile

-Chip

Free Candy Racing
www.freecandyracing.com

NDGeist wrote:

I'm planning on putting a 14db omnidirectional antenna 30-40' up in the air for wifi communications/webcam/mp3/bullhorn streaming to our car.  we should link our networks.

I can even give you access to the bullhorn on the roof of our car, so you can yell things at other drivers from the paddock.. smile

Outstanding.

I was thinking about inserting 3-4 openmesh AP's @ 3-7dbi ea. Big question is if GSM or otherwise is going to be attainable.