Topic: Can you use this seat mounting bracket?

Can you use this seat mounting bracket and pass tech and be safe?

http://www.racingseatsonline.com/p191/C … _info.html

I'm going to get a Corbeau FX1pro race seat if that helps answer the question.

Re: Can you use this seat mounting bracket?

I don't see why not.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

planters49 wrote:

Can you use this seat mounting bracket and pass tech and be safe?

http://www.racingseatsonline.com/p191/C … _info.html

I'm going to get a Corbeau FX1pro race seat if that helps answer the question.

Just an FYI

Corbeau brackets = pretty good

Corbeau sliders = complete junk

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

Yeah, assuming it's mounted properly and keeps the seat firmly in place once it's locked into position, I don't see a problem with the design.

ecugrad wrote:

Corbeau brackets = pretty good

Corbeau sliders = complete junk

X10!  Corbeau sliders are the worst EVAR.  Ask us how we know.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Yeah I've heard Corbeau sliders are garbage from the Saabs Gone Wild guys. Did you guys buy the single or double locking units?

LTDScott wrote:

Yeah I've heard Corbeau sliders are garbage from the Saabs Gone Wild guys. Did you guys buy the single or double locking units?

I think it was a single since the double actually has two levers right?  The problem is the ball bearings they use fall out of the tracks and then they are useless.  I know two people who had to trash theirs (or just mount them solid) because they suck so bad.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

VKZ24 wrote:
LTDScott wrote:

I think it was a single since the double actually has two levers right?  The problem is the ball bearings they use fall out of the tracks and then they are useless.  I know two people who had to trash theirs (or just mount them solid) because they suck so bad.

Yeah the singles use one lever. I bought a double locking slider from them for my street car (uses one single lever connecting both seats) but have yet to use it.

Sliding seat bracket.  I see.  Why not just weld up a permanent seat fixture?  Our Butler racing seat is bolted to a custom tube frame that is part of the roll cage.  We don't move unless the cage moves.  Of course we have the luxury of having 4 drivers that are 6'2" tall, but whatever right?

Mike
Lab Rats Motorsports
1988 Mitsubishi/Dodge/Fiat Colt Carpocalypse Edition

I just finished installing a Corbeau FX1 using their frame and double locking sliders...the double locking sliders use a single handle that connects to both.  It doesn't appear to be any weaker than our stock nissan slider.  In fact, it works rather well.  Be prepared to modify the mounting frame...we had to lower the entire arrangement to gain head room.

sawinatthewheel...sometimes too much, sometimes not enough...just like life

From what I've heard, the double locking units are much better than the single. As I said, I purchased one for my own car and it looks pretty stout but I haven't installed it yet, for the same reason you didn't... I need to modify the base so I can actually sit in the car without my head against the roof.

I've posted this before...we lowered the front of the seat and raked the seat 12 degrees.  For taller drivers, as the seat goes back it also lowers.  The stock locations do not allow the seat to lower as it goes to the rear.  We achieved 43" from seat to roof with the seat in the rear position.  Our tallest driver (6'2") measured 40.5" from seat to top of helmet while sitting in a straight backed chair.  One should have this measurement (from your tallest driver) before fabbing up the seat.  Raking is the trick! GOOD LUCK!

sawinatthewheel...sometimes too much, sometimes not enough...just like life