Re: Long lost Tyrell-Corvette-Peterbuilt on ebay

Mulry wrote:

How about a Corvette (Extra-Long) Summer theme? We've been dying to see this done anyway and this one is oh-so-close.

Corvette Summer remake starring John Holmes!

Good lord, Speedy!  If I wasn't all the way in Texas, I'd join your operation for sure!  Good luck, I really would like to see this happen.  Nothing will top this!  It would pretty much make my Tyrell/Mustang idea a moot point, but I have not had the cash flow lately to make that happen anyhow.

I am mentally divergent in that I am escaping certain unnamed realities that plague my life there. When I stop coming here, I will be well...

Legends don't come cheaply. Texas is a two hour flight away... wink

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

OK, we've decided that any team that brings this car will get free entry. You are required to retain the fundamentals of the design--8 wheels, twin rotary engines, etc, etc.

I figured I'd throw that out there because SpeedyCop might actually do it.

Any idea of which race you would take it to Speedy?   That may be the tipping point for me pulling the trigger.

UDAMAN!

Winner Porsche Cup CMP Spring 09 (944), Winner class 2 CMP Spring 10 (Audi 100), Organizers Choice CMP Spring 10 (Merc S500), Grassroots Motorsports Most From the Least CMP spring 10 (audi 100), Overall Winner Capitol Offense 2010 (Merc S500), Winner on laps Capitol Offense 2011 (Merc S500), Organizers Choice Capitol Offense 12 (Mercillac).

56 (edited by Team Infinniti 2010-11-12 04:24 PM)

Speedy, I am a experienced Chump in South Fl with possible interest in buying into this thing, please let us know what event.

I have little rotary knowledge but am a master auto tech and good with electrical....

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

DIPSTICK wrote:

Any idea of which race you would take it to Speedy?   That may be the tipping point for me pulling the trigger.

UDAMAN!

With the now free entry fee I say all the races until it either dies or they rescind the free entry.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Right now I'm thinking NJMP in April.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)

BTW, I'm sure I'm gonna have hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars tied up in this thing before it hits the track. You aren't buying part ownership, you're buying a guaranteed seat in its first Lemons race.

Speedycop wrote:

BTW, I'm sure I'm gonna have hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars tied up in this thing before it hits the track. You aren't buying part ownership, you're buying a guaranteed seat in its first Lemons race.

I'm in.  Dear Lord, am I ever in.  Emil me at my handle at the Yhoo! thingie. 

BTW, this is mechimike, captain of the Tunachuckers.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

jesus... what is that, TWO people buying in so far? damn if my paycheck wasn't so small...

I just got back from Casa de Speedy and dropped off a deposit in hopes of piloting this around the track.  Thanks again Jeff for the hospitality and the tour.

No BS laps, guaranteed!

with how the bids seemed to go up today might need that guarantee

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Yes, up 90% in one day w/ four days left to bid.  Damn you Jalopnik coverage!!!!

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

66 (edited by Speedycop 2010-11-13 07:04 PM)

Yeah, I'm really wondering how high it will go. If the chin or the grunty comedian want it, we don't stand a chance. Those guys could throw 10 or 20k at this just for a conversation piece in the garage. Still, I'm gonna bid to win to the best of my meager ability. Screw my credit. Screw the mortgage. This is too epic! One, maybe two spots left. I'm waiting on payments for the last two spots now. They ARE NOT LOCKED IN until I'm paid, so if you're waiting, don't. I've already had a number of "I'm in." "Okay, I guess I'm out." That won't help me pay for this insanity. $$$ talks. Specifically, $500 paypals to speedycop@comcast.net talks.
Current drivers:
Me
David Mills AKA Caddywrecker
Mark
Joe
???
???

This is epic... so wonderfully terrible EPIC!!!

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

Speedycop-  I hope you get this thing.   I am a rotary guy, and will gladly help you figure it out, too bad I'm on the other side of the county...   I'd be on your team and offering up my shop as a place to work on it if y'all were closer.     

Good luck!

-John

Gosh, my business card says 'Tech Tyrant'

69 (edited by Speedycop 2010-11-14 07:11 PM)

Thanks John! I have ZERO experience with Wankels, but I hope I get it too!
Only one opening left...

This thing needs many, many junkyard turbochargers.

Judge Phil wrote:

This thing needs many, many junkyard turbochargers.

One per wheel, in fact.

22,000 page views, current bid: $2,025, 21 hours left.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

If Speedycop doesn't win the auction, there's only one choice:

Build a better one! 10 wheels?

Judge Phil wrote:

If Speedycop doesn't win the auction, there's only one choice:

Build a better one! 10 wheels?

Dude, I seriously just got off the phone with cousin Dave, and we decided the exact same thing! We'll build our own monstrosity if we have to.
The finalized driver lineup is as follows:
(drumroll please)
Me
David Mills AKA Caddywrecker
Mark
Joe
Mike
Roger

Now all we have to do is win the auction!

Our penalties in this thing could be epic, too. What do you do to someone who goes 8 wheels off? Phil's head is gonna explode!!!