Topic: When are we going to get a Slant Six E30?

You want to be instant Lemons Legends? Put a Chrysler Slant Six in an E30! Bonus points for pushbutton automatic shifter!

Re: When are we going to get a Slant Six E30?

Any interest in a /6 version of the "rebuild a 350" penalty for the Miami race?

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Judge Phil wrote:

You want to be instant Lemons Legends? Put a Chrysler Slant Six in an E30! Bonus points for pushbutton automatic shifter!

how about a 300cid Ford I6? smile

Not nearly as interesting.

I would be very happy with any American inline-6 in an E30. GMC 292, AMC 258, Hudson flathead, whatever.

I imagine a Ranger inverted straight 6 aircraft engine would elevate a team to Lemons diety status.

http://www.ducttapemotorsports.com/
http://www.teamdfl.com
"I can see it now, a pile of nickels and all the glory of being a real race car driver."
Prepping the Red wReck for the 24 Hours of Lemons

ronman wrote:

Has anyone ever had to rebuild a /6?

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

We will sign up to a slant six after we make a run on the standard engine in either Jersey or DC

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

A Starion engine in an E30 would be good, too.

i just want to see a straight 8. just put the front motor mounts in the core support.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

How bout a GMC 270 I-6 in a rusty rat rod?

I can do that.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

dculberson wrote:
ronman wrote:

Has anyone ever had to rebuild a /6?

My sister managed to kill one in her '79 Volare...

13 (edited by LTDScott 2010-12-09 12:29 PM)

I thought our Hemi was good enough...

http://www.dcmimages.com/Cars/2010-05-03/2010-05-03-2-of-134/857527096_jzyuS-M-3.jpg

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

So what's a good source / junkyard for old-ass Chrysler parts in the bay area?  I figure if anyone knows, it's Judge Phil.

I spent many, many hours a few weeks ago reading up on slant 6s.  They are awesome.  Powered boats, trucks and even a few cars.

Now, I just have to find people who are crazy enough to do this with me.  Anyone have an E30 with cage they want to donate to this worthy cause?  There's no way my current team-mates will like this.

What's the prize for a jag v12 in a chevette?

Just sayin......

Maximum Efforts Motorsports
Mid-Engine Chevette
S-10 incoming...

I'll donate a carb'd  Iron Duke & 4spd to any E30 or Miata.  I might make you pull it though.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Im all for supporting our esteemed judges whims but seriously, an E30.  Soooo tired of seeing those boring arsed things out on the track even dumping a weird motor in them doesn't excite me.

How about a 3 cyl 2 stroke (yes the damned wartburg motor) in an E30.  2 of my teammates have suitably crappy E30 donors....I'll see what happens.

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

blizzard wrote:

So what's a good source / junkyard for old-ass Chrysler parts in the bay area?  I figure if anyone knows, it's Judge Phil.

There's always at least a couple of Slant Sixes at Pick-N-Pull in Newark and North San Jose. I'd recommend getting at least one compulsive Mopar parts hoarder on the team, anyway. Hmmm... maybe the guys on the Faster Farms Chickens would be into this project.

St. Mary wrote:

Just sayin......

We call that prize the Organizer's Choice. If such a setup ran for more than, say, 50 laps it would probably be the IOE as well.

Judge Phil wrote:
St. Mary wrote:

Just sayin......

We call that prize the Organizer's Choice. If such a setup ran for more than, say, 50 laps it would probably be the IOE as well.

Really?!? Its that easy?

http://wartburg.misfittoysracing.com
OTTER: "I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."
BLUTO: "We're just the guys to do it."

Judge Phil wrote:
blizzard wrote:

There's always at least a couple of Slant Sixes at Pick-N-Pull in Newark and North San Jose. I'd recommend getting at least one compulsive Mopar parts hoarder on the team, anyway. Hmmm... maybe the guys on the Faster Farms Chickens would be into this project.

OK, great.  I'll try to find those guys.

blizzard wrote:

OK, great.  I'll try to find those guys.

I have all contact info. Email me.

has there been a rotary powered E30?

Key Lemon Racing #963
Haze Gray and Underway Wagovan

We were just discussing putting a Mercedes Turbo Diesel in an E30 chassis that we might be able to score for the right price.  It would come w/o motor/trans.

JThw8 wrote:

Im all for supporting our esteemed judges whims but seriously, an E30.  Soooo tired of seeing those boring arsed things out on the track even dumping a weird motor in them doesn't excite me.

How about a 3 cyl 2 stroke (yes the damned wartburg motor) in an E30.  2 of my teammates have suitably crappy E30 donors....I'll see what happens.

Jim, let's just pull all the sheetmetal off the sides of the E30, and replace them with the Model A running board/fender assembly. Slap a huge rolls royce grille on it, and fab an exhaust that's essentially zoomies down into a sewer pipe that runs the length of the car. use the 300cid Ford idea that i brought to the table so you'd have to do the "pillager lean" (when you drive the buick, you have to lean over to see the apex on right-handers thanks to the dragon head) That would be wicked awesome...well, until you have to use the brakes since 90% of the weight would be in front of the car's center.