Re: Who takes a parts car to the race?

Your're just jealous it would beat your truck in a race AND get better mpg!

Mike
Lab Rats Motorsports
1988 Mitsubishi/Dodge/Fiat Colt Carpocalypse Edition

One of our pit crew's wife drives the same year/model car that we will be running. He's going to borrow it for the weekend and drive it to the track, just in case we need a spare of anything. Hopefully we don't need a spare motor, as that would be hard to explain to her, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

rmcdaniels wrote:

One of our pit crew's wife drives the same year/model car that we will be running. He's going to borrow it for the weekend and drive it to the track, just in case we need a spare of anything. Hopefully we don't need a spare motor, as that would be hard to explain to her, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

If shes as cool as my girlfriend (our Team Mascot!) then she would take one for the team!

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

Well, girlfriends tend to be cool until you turn them into wives.................

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

rmcdaniels wrote:

Well, girlfriends tend to be cool until you turn them into wives.................

and then ask them to take one for the team!

I am reading this thread and thinking - did our team get lucky?! We had NO parts car. What we brought extra was a few nuts and bolts, a random couple of radiator hoses, 4 extra lugs, old brake parts, and 2 extra tie rod ends. That is it. I got a suggestion - don't hit anything and avoid silly grouping at the hot brake points.  Not sure about the whole extra car thing. Besides - how did you get two cars or even a pile of parts and a car for less than $500? Is this a loop hole in the $ amount for the car?

'86 E30, '09 Stafford Aug, '10 CMP Feb, VIR Apr, Summit Jun,  CMP Sep
             '11 CMP Feb, Rock Mar, Charlotte Apr, Summit Jun
'68 MGB '11 NJMP Apr (winner IOE)

scrowner wrote:

Besides - how did you get two cars or even a pile of parts and a car for less than $500? Is this a loop hole in the $ amount for the car?

There are no official rules that I know of that say you can't bring parts or additional cars to the race. I think the rule of thumb is in order to keep your car on the track and in safe condition replacing parts with oem, junkyard, or duct tape are allowed. New non oem parts or upgrading your car once you pass inspection is frowned upon and if you get caught it could cost you your car ( Peoples Curse) for being a
"Cheating Bastard".
The parts you bring to the race are not on the car at the moment but your sure happy you had them when the car breaks. Most of us have gone to Pick & Pull at least once during the race looking for a part.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

CaptainRat wrote:

Your're just jealous it would beat your truck in a race AND get better mpg!

Is this how it's going to be now?  Your Caddy wouldn't stand a chance against the Hemi!

"Sharp as Bear Claws and Slicker Than Goose Shit"
Lab Rats Motorsports
1990 VW Jetta
Charlotte, NC