Re: One Bottle + Two Judges = Sadness

Another good bribe would be ready-made punishments to inflict on other teams in the penalty box. The "Houston, We Have A Problem" penalty concept and props (documented here) were a gift from the Gator-O-Rama Über-Recidivist Award-winning Los Diablos Camaro team, and we cut them quite a bit of judicial slack as a result.

MurileeMartin wrote:

Another good bribe would be ready-made punishments to inflict on other teams in the penalty box. The "Houston, We Have A Problem" penalty concept and props (documented here) were a gift from the Gator-O-Rama Über-Recidivist Award-winning Los Diablos Camaro team, and we cut them quite a bit of judicial slack as a result.

And we thank you. God knows we saw a lot of the JUDGES, and often. I blame it on the flaggers. I guess we need to invite them to the BBQ trailer too.

I don't think our drivers that spun out or got into fender benders had much to do with it.

Jim
#8 Los Diablos Flamed Camaro

MurileeMartin wrote:

Remember, folks: no goddamn Boone's Farm!

I know what to tell the other wanna-be team in my school to buy now...

One bottle two judges?  Is that like that "Two Girls, One Cup" video I saw on the internet?

Cars, cameras, and easy living...

Hey, what happens between the judges stays between the judges. wink

Philosophy of life: old age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth, enthusiasm and cash. General smartass know it all beer swilling ne'er do well. Avoid eye contact with this person, best avoided completely. 2008 Animal House Racing CMP 'Most Likely To Leave In An Ambulance' 2009 Blind Rodent Racing CMP 2010 Team Galileo CMP 2011 Roundhouse Kick Racing CMP 2012 Road Kill Grill Racing CMP (x2)

We gave a nice Texas made bottle of Rum and a home made Rum cake at the Gator-O-Rama race. I actually think they liked the Rum cake more....

So what is it Judges, more Rum or more Rum cake for the October Texas race?

1980 Chevy Malibu Classic

Rumrunner wrote:

We gave a nice Texas made bottle of Rum and a home made Rum cake at the Gator-O-Rama race. I actually think they liked the Rum cake more....

So what is it Judges, more Rum or more Rum cake for the October Texas race?

If you have to ask.... rum

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

33 (edited by Ottobon 2009-05-09 05:52 PM)

How high of a proof do you guys personally max out at?  Legal drinks of course.

Or to put it another way is their any race gas you have a taste for?

Evil Genius wrote:

It is the duty of the inspectors to remove loose objects from the car, and we get the car before the BS judges... So if you want the alco-bribe to make it to the judges it had better be retained buy race-quality hardware.....   Inspectors drink too!

We also like to drive.  Bribes of time behind the wheel works well too.  My partner in crime will advertise that as we tech your cars.  smile

Chris & Greg

Judges: can you post your preferred T-shirt sizes please? (If you haven't somewhere here already...)

OverStimulated wrote:

Judges: can you post your preferred T-shirt sizes please? (If you haven't somewhere here already...)

XL. We are substantial judges.

Judge Jonny wrote:
mechimike wrote:

Absinthe is legal now in the states.  I 'spect you'll be getting some soon....

Us Elite, Communist, Double-Gay Effete California beer snob type judges also appreciate locality.

As in, you New Orleans slobs best be keeping us pumped full of Abita.

I'm a Turbo Dog man myself.

What about home brew? will there be a taste test? or will just having it in brown bottles carry the day? is it ok to use bottle caps with weird-ass names from a production overrun? homemade labels? dancing girls to distract from overcarbonation and off-flavors?

Josh Poage
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2009 Yee-haw It's Texas
Prison Break Racing - 1986 325e #27 - 2010 Gator-o-Rama
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas

To the judges:

What are your thoughts on Sake?

Personally I'm not a fan but it would be sticking with our "Rising Sun" theme.

MurileeMartin wrote:
OverStimulated wrote:

XL. We are substantial judges.

And did I see somewhere here that there was a third (guest) judge for Reno?

OverStimulated wrote:

And did I see somewhere here that there was a third (guest) judge for Reno?

Yes, Damon Lavrinc from Autoblog will also be judging. I'd say an L would be the right size for him.

BlackSheep1 wrote:

To the judges:

Should I take your silence to mean it would be unwise of me to use Sake as a bribe during the judging?!?

BlackSheep1 wrote:
BlackSheep1 wrote:

To the judges:

Should I take your silence to mean it would be unwise of me to use Sake as a bribe during the judging?!?

Sake is fine, as long as it's decent stuff.

MurileeMartin wrote:

Sake is fine, as long as it's decent stuff.

So make sure it's good sake for goodness sake.

The Homer: Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball.

The team from Canada has a question...  How do the judges feel about Cuban cigars?  wink

TravelingWilburys wrote:

The team from Canada has a question...  How do the judges feel about Cuban cigars?  wink

Good enough for Castro... we'll need several.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

If there are three judges... do you need three straws then?  Three shot glasses?  Inquiring minds want to know....

saabsgonewild wrote:

If there are three judges... do you need three straws then?  Three shot glasses?  Inquiring minds want to know....

These are the kinds of questions you should be able to answer yourself.

But if you're having trouble, let me just reiterate that whatever you have planned isn't good enough and how ever much you're planning on bringing is not enough .

saabsgonewild wrote:

Think of the bribes the way you'd think of spare Saab head gaskets. You'll need plenty!

MurileeMartin wrote:
saabsgonewild wrote:

Think of the bribes the way you'd think of spare Saab head gaskets. You'll need plenty!

Perfect, thanks big_smile

MurileeMartin wrote:
saabsgonewild wrote:

So a case of rum should make the judges very happy, right? I know which rum too.