Re: Here she is Boys. Our next Lemon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBsqX-4Rh8U

So this is the way to remove a rusty sunroof.  NOT!!!

Watch the language on this one.  The boys were drinking all day...

B

This space for rent.

Is this pile of sh...err, glorious machine being built at y'all's HQ in Cocoa? I need to take a ride over there if it is.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Roll cage is going in this weekend, what kind of beer do you drink?

B

1408 lake drive cocoa

This space for rent.

Jeez.  I wish y'all lived closer, we'd be a perfect fit as a race team!  My team mate got really ridiculously excited when she bought a long - armed 8lbs sledge hammer this weekend.  And when she showed me the awesomeness, I did too.

MOAR BFH, (or well placed kicks) biatches!

I'm the doctor who is a wife. Which makes the grease hard to explain to my patients... www.tetanusneon.com.

Anything that doesn't look like motor oil. I've gotta go to Bithlo to have my brother in law weld up a hole in my exhaust, and I'm free after that. I'll see you guys sometime tomorrow afternoon. cool

woo, progress pics?

NSF wrote:

Roll cage is going in this weekend, what kind of beer do you drink?

B

1408 lake drive cocoa

Ok, I'm on Lake Dr between Dora and Anne, but the street numbers go 1426-1422-1420-1416-1404?

Finally found them. This car is a thing of beauty, let me tell you. cool

OK - so the roll cage didn't get started,. But, I did manage to clean up all the beer borttles from Friday night's safety meeting.

This space for rent.

Can't wait to trade paint with you guys in our '75 Ford LTD.  A 6.9 Mercedes and a 400 cubic inch Ford roaring down the front straight at CMP- 9000 pounds and 13 litres of mailaiseness...Our LTD is even the same menstrual maroon color.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

This car needs to be run against your two:
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ … 86401.html

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Menstrual Maroon is the new black, for 2011.

'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"

I like the idea of not being the only land yatch out there.  4280 lbs.  Sweet.

As team captain, I offer up my crew, if you agree, to wash your car should you have a higher Saturday lap total than the 6.9 - of course I will enjoy watching your crew do a little housekeeping on the Mercedes should we end up ahead you by some freak of nature...

We'll do it for total laps completed Saturday.

Bring your buckets!!

Deal?

This space for rent.

NSF wrote:

As team captain, I offer up my crew, if you agree, to wash your car should you have a higher Saturday lap total than the 6.9 - of course I will enjoy watching your crew do a little housekeeping on the Mercedes should we end up ahead you by some freak of nature...

Bring your buckets!!

Deal?

Let me run it by the team, but it sounds fun.  I'd be up for it.

mechimike wrote:
NSF wrote:

Bring your buckets!!

Deal?

Let me run it by the team, but it sounds fun.  I'd be up for it.

In case you didn't check my post about our LTD, I have officially accepted your thrown-down gauntlet.  You sir, have a bet!  The land yacht that completes the fewest laps has to wash the other team's boat. 

Bring yer buckets and scrub sponges.  The LTD is _filthy_.  ;-)

Oh I hope someone gets that on video.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

Good!!

I have my Steel Wool scrub brush at the ready!!  .

B

This space for rent.

43 (edited by NSF 2011-04-12 05:25 PM)

FFF the key broke off in the ignition.  We had to take the damn thing out with a blow torch.  Those Germans!!

Anyway, the cage is in and we are looking at seat options.  I have a seat from a 72 Mercedes.  Does anyone know if head rest count toward the helmet support if we run the belts thru them?  They have two steel posts and wouldn't need to be extended.

b

This space for rent.

What's a key?

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Jeff G 78 wrote:

What's a key?

It is the pile of molten lava on the floor.    Now about the seat.  We've used this type in the past but we also want to pass tech...

This space for rent.

A stock seat is 10X more tiring than a race seat.  Put a real seat in it and save your drivers' attention for the other idiots on the track rather than trying to hang on for dear life.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

We asked Jay about the seat in our LTD, and he told us uniequivocably it would fail tech.  They are getting stricter on the seats, most OEM seats (unless your car came with Recaros fromt he factory) are probably marginal at best.  Especially if it could recline.  Reclining mechanisms fail.

Our cage will be done this week.  As for the key on the LTD Landau, it comes out, along with the entire cylinder.  For extra security.

48 (edited by NSF 2011-04-28 05:56 AM)

Just got our new seat in from JEGS, new harness and the fantastic floor plates for the belts.  Our big man is in Kentucky so we have to simulate his belly and height. 

Cracked the windshield taking the dash out.  FFF 

Found some 17 inch 500SL tires on craigslist and purchased them in a parking lot from a man in a 30 year old brown truck.  It was like a drug deal - Lemons style.   

Still have to work on the brakes, transmission filter and oil change and she will be ready to go. 

I think.

This space for rent.

NSF wrote:

Cracked the windshield taking the dash out.  FFF 

Found some 17 inch 500SL tires on craigslist and purchased them in a parking lot from a man in a 30 year old brown truck.  It was like a drug deal - Lemons style.

Must be a big 70's car thing...we cracked the windscreen removing the dash on our LTD, too.  Luckily Lemons does allow some small crackage.

MB wheels suck.  They use one bolt pattern that almost no one else uses.  So you are pretty much are stuck with MB wheels. 

The Georgia mold is being joined by some good ole Carolina clay.  I will almost feel sorry for you guys having to wash it all off.

mechimike wrote:

The Georgia mold is being joined by some good ole Carolina clay.  I will almost feel sorry for you guys having to wash it all off.

I'll bring my power sander.  We'll get all that grime off.   Make sure you park, or have your heap towed, near an electrical outlet.

b

This space for rent.