Topic: The New Tunachucker LeMon, Debuting at CMP this May! (Hopefully)

Two Hundred and twenty-four inches of awesome:

http://www.roadflares.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3955&g2_serialNumber=2

Two proud Tunachuckers:

http://www.roadflares.org/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3967&g2_serialNumber=2

She's a 1975 Ford LTD Landau, original owner's son's car.  When we told him what we were going to do with the car he gave it to us, for free, along with a bunch of parts he'd stored up for it.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Re: The New Tunachucker LeMon, Debuting at CMP this May! (Hopefully)

So full of win!

Opposing teams would have to go 2 off to pass.  Brilliant!

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Makes that trailer look tiny.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Jeff G 78 wrote:

Makes that trailer look tiny.

One of my co-workers said the same thing.  That's an 18' car hauler, its a big trailer.  It weighs like 1500 pounds empty, and then there's the 4200-4300 of the LTD.  Trailer and car weighed almost what my truck does!

BTW, Jay already granted us a weight waiver.  We may need to get him to grant us a fuel tank size waiver, too, or we'll be pitting for fuel every other lap.  At least that will give the brakes a chance to cool down.

'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"

You should ask NSF to paint the word "ROLLING" on their trunk while you add "ROADBLOCK" to yours. That way if your cars end up side by side, god help us, people behind will know exactly what is going on.

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

my cousin had the wagon version of that.  It made everything seem small in comparison.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

PunisherBass wrote:

You should ask NSF to paint the word "ROLLING" on their trunk while you add "ROADBLOCK" to yours. That way if your cars end up side by side, god help us, people behind will know exactly what is going on.

Hey, that means we'll have the inside line!  I like this idea.

I had one of those in high school.  Nothing attracts the ladies like...well...I don't know, but that car doesn't.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

Please do an Uncle Buck Theme!

Summer's Eve Racing - '09 Yee-Haw; '10 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie, Yee-Haw; '11 Gator-O-Rama, NorDal Hooptie (Winner, Class A!)
TARP Racing - '11 Yee-Haw, Heaps; '12 Gator-O-Rama (Winner, Class C ... Looking for a Class B Win to Complete the Trifecta!), Heaps; '13 NorDal Hooptie, Gator-O-Rama

YesIFit wrote:

DO IT!

http://pic.phyrefile.com/p/pu/punisherbass/2011/03/28/uncle_buck.jpg

Team Final Gear Crew Chief
#138 1997 Pontiac GTP - Supercharged 3800
#42   1999 Ford P71 Crown Vic

When you have a car that big, you flip your pancakes with a snow shovel.

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

John, Your Fairlady roadster could ride on the front of the LTD like a hood ornament.

'74 260Z

YesIFit wrote:

I think Uncle Buck's car was a 2 door. 

Scarily, I know where a two door is...

14 (edited by EyeMWing 2011-03-28 12:48 PM)

Hey, I used to drive one of those!

http://thumb.phyrefile.com/e/ey/eyemwing/2009/08/29/P1010060.JPG

Mine had the awesome 460 big block producing an ASTONISHING 350hp. Still ran when it went to the junkyard, too (long before Lemons existed). This thing will be AWESOME on the track. All the fun of a limo without all that extra seating

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Wow Mike.  Looks like you're gonna need to build another barn!

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

We will miss the little green Volvo but look forward to the aircraft carrier sized Ford doing a left full rudder slide through the oil soaked corners. See you in May.

Mark
Grim Reaper Racing - V-6 Ford Mustang
American Made with worn out foreign parts

How about an Exxon Valdez theme?  Dress up as Captain Hazelwood, the sleepy 3rd mate, and some cleanup workers.  Affix some greasy stuffed ducks to the car for effect.

'74 260Z

Hi, I'm Buck Melanoma. Molly Russels Wart...

Owner #132 Lancia/Toyota Beta/MR2 Scorpion

The model rocket ignitors go on the hidden M-80's in the tailpipe.

The Charnal House Geo MetSHO: Turning less laps than a regular Metro, the hard way!

1969 Subaru 360

PunisherBass wrote:

I'll do it!!

If we end up side by side I suspect the race is over for everyone behind us.  uh except we will have to pit for fuel every 30 laps or so...

b

I bet them a carwash on Saturday afternoon for the winner on laps that day!  Check my post for the details in Our Crappy Race.

You should do a Chuck Norris theme.  Chuck Noris doesn't fear the curse, The curse fears Chuck.

This space for rent.

We tried the main straight cock-block in the Galaxie w/ the Fury at CMP and there were still those persistently aggravatingly persistant e30's and one blue/yellow volvo that would have none of it!  Just like rats!  They can squeeze through the smallest opening by dislocating their control-arms or something!!!

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Please oh please say the headlight doors still work!
You could rig something up so they wink every few seconds.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

ronman wrote:

Please oh please say the headlight doors still work!
You could rig something up so they wink every few seconds.

all i can think of is that horrible tuner mod people did to S13 with the sleepy-eyed headlights

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Crab Spirits wrote:

The model rocket ignitors go on the hidden M-80's in the tailpipe.

I was wondering how they did that in the movie.  My g/f hates the LTD, but she thinks the Uncle Buck theme is gangbusters.  Hmmm...

NSF wrote:
PunisherBass wrote:

I'll do it!!

If we end up side by side I suspect the race is over for everyone behind us.  uh except we will have to pit for fuel every 30 laps or so...

b

I bet them a carwash on Saturday afternoon for the winner on laps that day!  Check my post for the details in Our Crappy Race.

You should do a Chuck Norris theme.  Chuck Noris doesn't fear the curse, The curse fears Chuck.

We'll definitely paint "RoadblocK' on our trunklid.  Even if the Merc isn't beside us it'll be pretty relevant.