Topic: What's with the store-bought wings?

In looking at the "all the Lemons" pictures from Buttonwillow I noticed a number of cars with obvious store-bought wings, some on cars that look to be close to $500 without wings. Is there a secret source of $20 ricer wings out there that I don't know about? I was pretty excited that we managed to build our own for only $18 in parts and even more surprised when it sorta-kinda worked which was even cooler since we mainly did it for looks. Could we have simply bought one for that price and saved ourselves half a day of effort?

Re: What's with the store-bought wings?

Junkyard.  $1 days...  Just sayin'

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

We found one at an auction...$10!!

We are the people your parents warned you about.

We believe that ridiculous wings can be obtained cheaply, plus they don't give any real performance advantage at typical Lemons speeds; we consider them decoration. Hell, if nothing else you can get factory MR2 or Fiero wings for $10 at Pick Your Part.

We built our own out of the decklid of Jay's bus... it definitely provided our unfair advantage to best our 95th place finish.

So sweet:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2450/3843371009_a4b76dc85e_o.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs158.snc1/5894_119657019494_36766739494_2448799_3993797_n.jpg

There was a kid at reno that took home the side door from the bus... I want to know what he ended up doing with it.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/08/PostCrushVW-800px.jpg

so, did jay make an insurance claim on the bus?  i'd hate to have to explain that one to the adjuster

He told me I owed him $100, for the scrap value.

I love the bus decklid wing! I saw that people wanted it as a souvenir, glad it went to a good use rather than hanging on the wall of someone's garage.

I gotta admit, the bus crush did spare the pits from the Soviet national anthem for the fortieth time....wish they took care of Swine Flew the same way....

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

jimeditorial wrote:

I gotta admit, the bus crush did spare the pits from the Soviet national anthem for the fortieth time....wish they took care of Swine Flew the same way....

Well, well, well -- it's Mr. SUPPOSED Commie "i can haz free Wartburg" dissing the soviet anthem?

The authorities have been notified.

Yes, we talk to ourselves.

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"