Topic: Fake Lemons fans

I saw a guy the other day wearing a Lemons shirt, which i found unusual since outside of the people i race with and from being at the races, i have yet to see anyone wearing any Lemons stuff.

so i went up to him to bs about it, thinking he had some affiliation with a team, but the guy seemed to have no idea what i was talking about and walked away.  I figured someone had given him the shirt, but maybe he was just blowing me off.

I know there has been more media coverage about the series of late, but is it really getting that big that random people are wearing Lemons merchandise without really knowing about it?

Re: Fake Lemons fans

I voted for your team to be crushed so I really didn't want to talk to you...

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Maybe his wife got the shirt at a garage sale?

Or GoodWill...

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

In a bag of shop rags perhaps?

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

sergio wrote:

Are you kidding! Any true Lemon racer would use his shirt until the holes got so big his wife wouldn't let him wear it anymore. And then that fine Lemons shirt would become an even finer rag. Hell! we don't give anything away just ask our wives.
If my wife gave my precious lemon memorabilia away "Well" it just ain't going to happen. The guy must have been a lemon "Wanna-Be" and when he was confronted with such greatness he was speechless and walked away in shame.

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

Bender/StickFigureRacing wrote:
sergio wrote:

Are you kidding! Any true Lemon racer would use his shirt until the holes got so big his wife wouldn't let him wear it anymore. And then that fine Lemons shirt would become an even finer rag. Hell! we don't give anything away just ask our wives.
If my wife gave my precious lemon memorabilia away "Well" it just ain't going to happen. The guy must have been a lemon "Wanna-Be" and when he was confronted with such greatness he was speechless and walked away in shame.

My wife asked me why I was working on the car in my Lemons shirt (it was destroyed).  I simply reply'd "that's the point" smile

eljefe17 wrote:

so i went up to him to bs about it, thinking he had some affiliation with a team, but the guy seemed to have no idea what i was talking about and walked away.  I figured someone had given him the shirt, but maybe he was just blowing me off.

It helps if you button your overcoat and put down the bottle of scotch before approaching strangers.

There are those who call me...Judge Tim
Previously: Der Uberbird! BMW 633CSi
"When life gives you Lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you crap, don't make a beverage out of it."

Mad_Science wrote:
eljefe17 wrote:

It helps if you button your overcoat and put down the bottle of scotch before approaching strangers.

well, i'd like to see how you meet new people then