Topic: 2 tow trucks, 1 CHP and a smoking Bee.

Friday the Killer Bee passed it's smog check test, and today I picked up the registration sticker. Yup. The stupid thing is now legal to drive on the streets. Wise, no. Legal yes.

So this evening I said to the wife, "Hey! I still have the passenger seat sitting in the back yard next to the orange tree. How about I wash it off, throw it back in the car and take you for a nice sunset ride!? Make it a date night!"

She said Ok! let's go!

We drove through the neighborhood, then got on the freeway doing about 80 getting lots of stares as we passed dozens of cars (which was a first, but I digress). Suddenly all hell broke loose, the car lost power and I had zero oil pressure.

I pulled off the next off-ramp and popped the hood just as it was getting dark, and realized it was raining oil from all over inside of the hood. Ah crap. EVERYTHING was black.

The wife hit speed dial for AAA and we spent the rest of our date on the side of the road until 2 tow trucks showed up, followed by an evil eyed Highway Patrol.

The tow truck driver informed me we had 5 free miles. Turns out we had made it 4.7 from home. We did 503 miles at Fernley, yet failed to make it to the burger joint. THAT'S what driving British is all about. :-)

Now, somehow I gotta get this thing running again for Concours d'Lemons next weekend.

And my neighbors are getting tired of the tow trucks. lol

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2619/3811118474_0bccd4676c_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2518/3810300841_306fbbb97d_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2650/3811118440_797c89213a_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3501/3810300895_41ffcc0d4b_o.jpg

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

2 (edited by Bender/StickFigureRacing 2009-08-11 07:46 AM)

Re: 2 tow trucks, 1 CHP and a smoking Bee.

Pete
In the last picture you were just Dyno testing the car for horse power right?

See your car only wants to be on the track with us!

Team: V-Ram/Altamont Team: Knights of the Round Track/Reno/Buttonwillow/Thunderhill Team: Death Mobile/Sears 2010/Thunderhill/ChumpCar  Spokane/ MSR Houston/Buttonwillow/Sears. MRolla Project /Reno
http://stickfigureracing.blogspot.com/

I admired your roll cage at Reno...you guys know what you're doing....in a violent flip your head will rise three inches easy from rest no matter how tight you pull the belts...don't ask me how I know this! Whack the top of your helmet in a rollover and you can turn a bad day at the track into something really ugly. It happened to J.D. McDuffie at the Glen....

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

Ungainly, but effective. Our tallest driver "Lurch" was 6'5" and it was still a little close for comfort. I told him best not to flip it. The rest of us shorties would be fine, but he may end up having trouble tying his own shoes if he went oily side up. He spun once in practice, and came in for a change of shorts. Was considering a Gurney Hump, or cutting 6 inches out of his torso. He balked at my idea... no sense of adventure.

IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.

Good luck at getting her going... I love the car.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

"Sparky" Pete wrote:

Ungainly, but effective. Our tallest driver "Lurch" was 6'5" and it was still a little close for comfort. I told him best not to flip it. The rest of us shorties would be fine, but he may end up having trouble tying his own shoes if he went oily side up. He spun once in practice, and came in for a change of shorts. Was considering a Gurney Hump, or cutting 6 inches out of his torso. He balked at my idea... no sense of adventure.

Tried suggesting that with my wife....she's 6'1 and in a school Reynard, they have to adjust the pedals all the way out and delete the seat insert. Didn't find it amusing...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

IT'S ALIVE!!

Miracle of miracles!

Turned out to be a faulty oil filter pipe, which dumped oil all over the distributor, which made the car stumble and in turn alerted me to the impending doom! No damage! Runs great!

Unfortunately, in the process of cleaning up the mess I got it looking pretty good under the hood. Lost that 30 year old greasy patina... Oh well.

Taking the wife out to dinner in it again if she will still have me. Sleeping in it tonight if not.

Oh, man, that thing has a title?! I am both horrified and jealous.

Wait, are the hazard lights working in those photos? FAKE!

Ha-ha-ha! Hazard lights? No. Really? Huh. I wonder how long they have been on...

Thought I'd share this little trinket. big_smile

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2595/3867285056_2b453d507d_b.jpg