Re: wireless scoring to everyone's laptop

Yeah, I wanna know if it's planned for CMP and NL. I'd be willing to chip in...

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

Speedycop wrote:

Yeah, I wanna know if it's planned for CMP and NL. I'd be willing to chip in...

Got it covered.  Stop by the Lab Rats pits on Friday night and I'll get you set up.

Mike
Lab Rats Motorsports
1988 Mitsubishi/Dodge/Fiat Colt Carpocalypse Edition

SWEET!!  Thanks Cap't Rat!!

We are the people your parents warned you about.

Yes we had live scoring at BW.  The range wasn't that great.  Jay set up a laptop at HQ.  There seemed to be some interest in it as there was always someone looking at the scoring.  As stated else where, BW was the closest finish of any Lemons race to date.  The two teams vieing for the win were veterans of many races and had their act together.  At one point, a half hour before the end they were six seconds apart.  Maybe they were monitoring the scoring but I don't know for sure.  For the rest of us, live scoring revealed the tightness of the race.  Jay let everyone know about the close race by annoucing it over the PA.  That created some 'citement as ole DW would say.  Maybe the V8volvo team or the sausage team could post here if they used the live scoring to keep track of their progress.

sawinatthewheel...sometimes too much, sometimes not enough...just like life

So what do we need to bring @ NL to get in on this?

-Chip

Free Candy Racing
www.freecandyracing.com

What you need for NL is to call the track and ask them what is their scoring setup. They may already have live scoring.  What Buttonwillow has is AMB's Orbits 4, RMonitor programs and a router.  The RMonitor program is an earlier version of wireless scoring.  The latest version is called MyLapsMonitor(available through AMB, but you must call them, $300).  One of these versions must be loaded on your laptop.  You will have to use NL's scoring computer's IP address. The good folks at BW just gave us a copy of their RMonitor program.   The Orbits 4 program must be configured for live scoring broadcasts.  That entails enabling the scoreboard,  opening port 50000 and hooking up a router.  We got our laptop running with the help of the T&S folks in the scoring room.  After that we had to be near the tower to receive the signal.  Broadcast propagation is fickel so you will have to find a good receive spot.

sawinatthewheel...sometimes too much, sometimes not enough...just like life

The timing and scoring guys were late to CMP.  We actually had to delay the start of the race.  Because of the chaos, I held off on setting up the scoring with them until Saturday afternoon.  But once I had it hooked up, it worked.  All day Sunday we had my laptop displaying a real time feed of the scoring.  It's kind of cool to watch, but for all but the top two cars it probably is just a novelty.  If you've got the ability to set it up, I recommend it.

Mike
Lab Rats Motorsports
1988 Mitsubishi/Dodge/Fiat Colt Carpocalypse Edition

Thanks, Cap'n. If you're going to be at NL, I'd love to hang with you while you're getting it set up so maybe we can copy that setup for the Houston race at the end of October if the folks down there will let us do so. Cheers!

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

On the flip side, walking to the results board every hour or so gives me a chance to walk by the black flag station and see who's in the box.  Cheap entertainment.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!