Topic: Lada Lemon in Autoweek! (and a Vette)

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013062 … /130629882 has photos of the 2014 Corvette, but more importantly, there are photos of the Lada that first raced at Nelson Ledges in 2009!

(Well, the Lada is more important to me, I met them. Don't know any of the Corvette engineers.)

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Re: Lada Lemon in Autoweek! (and a Vette)

So is the owner of the Lada involved in the shoot or is that just where it was abandoned.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Awesome!  It doesn't look too shabby and it's indoors... I still have one of their t-shirts.  Traded one of ours with them.  It was a cool shirt, the lemon with a hammer and sickle in it.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

http://www.murileemartin.com/LNL09/LNL09-0714.jpg

Rory Carroll, guy in the middle with the Brezhnev eyebrows, is the team captain of the Lada team, and he's also an editor at Autoweek. Also, that Lenin bust he's holding is now on my office wall; I bought it on eBay from the Ukraine and loaned it to him for Nelson Ledges.

5 (edited by davisriley 2013-06-26 02:53 PM)

Rescue the Lada!

Iirc that team won ioe, then proceeded to the nearest liquor store and bought a bunch of booze in nickles, and slept at nelson's till monday.  Still can't believe that thing ran the whole weekend, minus the wheel falling off on the parade lap

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

someone needs to get me in touch with these people. I need russian racecar.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

tSoG wrote:

someone needs to get me in touch with these people. I need russian racecar.

Yes you do.  Yes you do.  More than almost anyone I know.  Only car I can think of that has harder parts to come by than your current car.

Bloomington, IN
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Not sure if Rory wants to sell the Lada. I know he wants to bring it back to Lemons. It competed in a few races after Nelson Ledges, but I think its last race was Gingerman in 2010 or 2011. I can ask him if he has any interest in selling.

Rory says he's willing to sell the Lada to a team that promises to get it back into racing. The cage is built to 2010 specs, might need some work to pass now. Anyone who wants to contact him, email me and I'll give you his contact info.

v8 Lada.  Make it so.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

V8 Lada must have Tatra air cooled V8 engine.

Because soviet car.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

FJ40Jim wrote:

V8 Lada must have Tatra air cooled V8 engine.

Because soviet car.

The bar just get's pushed higher and higher.

Bloomington, IN