Re: Real Hoopties of NJ 2014 - Who's in?

RobL wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:

. I'll probably join the party waiting at the gate early.

This is my home track.  I have NEVER seen a line at the gate.  They have other things to do that the facility - karting, a nice restaurant, suites, storage garages, etc.  If they want to hold you at the front gate and stop you from going in, just say that you want to go to the bar/restaurant.  Most likely, they will not stop you from going in.  If that is the case, just head over to the track and we will wait in the back of paddock for the cyclists to finish attempting to donate their organs before we park and start unloading. 

I've never seen the gate closed and they have rooms/suites/houses so I can't see them locking those people in.

I don't think they wil hold anyone from going in, probably just from going to thunderbolt.

Tom Lomino - Proud to be a 23x Lemons Loser, 3x Class B, and 1x IOE Winner!
Craptain, Team Farfrumwinnin - 1995 Volkswagen Golf #14
Click here to "Like" us on Facebook   Click here for our Youtube Videos
Lifetime Achievement (of hopelessness) Award Winners

But once you are in, there is no way to stop you.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

fairgentleman Z wrote:

How late will the gate be open?

We asked that very question and were told gates close at 11PM.  OTR, they did say if we were running late and could call, they might hold the gate for a few minutes if somebody is getting close at 11PM.

Jim C.
If God meant for us to race, we'd all have baggy Nomex skin.
08TMS.09NL.10GM, SP, NL.11SP, NL.12SP, VIR, NL.13GM, NJ.14NJ, VIR, WGI.15AB.16GM.17NCM.18GM.19...

FJ40Jim wrote:
fairgentleman Z wrote:

How late will the gate be open?

We asked that very question and were told gates close at 11PM.  OTR, they did say if we were running late and could call, they might hold the gate for a few minutes if somebody is getting close at 11PM.

We will be sleeping at the gate tomorrow morning,  Coming down from Maine to pick me up then heading to track.

So, I am severely limited on bacon and funds to get more. If anyone /must/ have some, I am taking orders til 8am tomorrow morning. Will cook and deliver a slab for 50$ or take home and cook yourself. I should have watched prices a bit better, with the increase of pork prices I couldve covered costs better if I wasnt selling them just at cost at barber gingerman and cmp. Email or text me 8one4 7oh6 nine 77 two. Or if you just want to chip in a little. I totally over extended last weekend and dont like the thought of not cooking bacon for everyone. Help me help you.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

tSoG wrote:

So, I am severely limited on bacon and funds to get more. If anyone /must/ have some, I am taking orders til 8am tomorrow morning. Will cook and deliver a slab for 50$ or take home and cook yourself. I should have watched prices a bit better, with the increase of pork prices I couldve covered costs better if I wasnt selling them just at cost at barber gingerman and cmp. Email or text me 8one4 7oh6 nine 77 two. Or if you just want to chip in a little. I totally over extended last weekend and dont like the thought of not cooking bacon for everyone. Help me help you.

If you stop by the pit location of Elmo's Revenge, I'll contribute to the bacon fund.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Can anybody let me borrow 2 bicycles this weekend, my hoopty bike rack is not cooperating. Come see me or Judge Phil.

It Ain't My Fault

You could borrow my bikes....  You would just need to find a way to get them there.

oh wait....

Rob R.

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

chaase wrote:
tSoG wrote:

If you stop by the pit location of Elmo's Revenge, I'll contribute to the bacon fund.

I'll pitch in to the fund as well.

tSoG wrote:

In on the bacon, text sent.

Thanks Ross

If anyone knows the ins and outs of a 1996 7.3 power stroke turbo stop by garage 22 car #15 we are down on power ( so it's just a stroke).

Drive more, type less.

They really are holding at the gate until 630 fyi. They'll shuttle you to the pub.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

fairgentleman Z wrote:

If anyone knows the ins and outs of a 1996 7.3 power stroke turbo stop by garage 22 car #15 we are down on power ( so it's just a stroke).

If those are like the later powerstrokes they have an intensifier fuel pump driven by the oil pressure. If your oil is old and sludgy you can get low fuel pressure, we had this problem on our tow rig.

Team Rust in The Wind #301
1987 Nissan 300zx 2.3L Saab Turbo
https://www.facebook.com/RustinTheWind24HOL

I have a bike for you but you will need 6 friends to help it is on tne left side of the gate with  yards brewery flags on it

decafe wrote:

I have a bike for you but you will need 6 friends to help it is on tne left side of the gate with  yards brewery flags on it

That "bike" is amazing!

Our yeam thought it was a piece of art when we first arrived.  then when we saw it trolling the paddock we were even more impressed.  Well done!

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

191 (edited by St. Mary 2014-05-12 06:11 AM)

It's too bad the race was as "dirty" as it was but the headcount didn't seem overly excessive to me. You could argue that the headcount was half the problem but certainly not the entire issue.  I remember at Loudon that we'd have lines of cars waiting to go up the hill under green because of congestion but we didn't seem to have that problem this weekend. Busy, sure, but not terrible as long as you weren't there to set record lap times.

Maximum Efforts Motorsports
Mid-Engine Chevette
S-10 incoming...

Oh, and congrats to the Fox for the Class B win. You guys definitely earned it!

Maximum Efforts Motorsports
Mid-Engine Chevette
S-10 incoming...

St. Mary wrote:

It's too bad the race was as "dirty" as it was but the headcount didn't seem overly excessive to me. You could argue that the headcount was half the problem but certainly not the entire issue.  I remember at Loudon that we'd have lines of cars waiting to go up the hill under green because of congestion but we didn't seem to have that problem this weekend. Busy, sure, but not terrible as long as you weren't there to set record lap times.

Warm weather and people just driving the wheels of their hoopties.  I only saw ONE car drive through the paddock for passing under yellow.. With the taped to the roof shame.

Red Lemons Racing wrote:
St. Mary wrote:

Warm weather and people just driving the wheels of their hoopties.  I only saw ONE car drive through the paddock for passing under yellow.. With the taped to the roof shame.

It was so hectic in the penalty box we didn't have the time or energy for elaborate penalties, but this race had the highest number of black flags per capita of any I've personally been to in my 30+ race career as both a racer or judge. 

Sunday was waaaaay better.

-Matt

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

I heard that at the Chump race (in the alst couple of weeks) there was a "come to Jesus" speach. 

Basically, the drivers were sooo agressive that they had to warn everybody.

It must be this track or something...

Rob R.

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

I think that was mainly due to attrition,  Sunday I don't think there was 100 cars that entered the field.

As hectic as it was we managed to stay mostly out of trouble. Two black flags only for us. One was a 4 wheel off on my sister. The other was on the second to last lap. We never learned what it was since the pages were gone before we could get there.

I really wanted to thank everyone for driving sanely around us. Saturday we were very slow due to the car constantly trying to overheat. I was driving in basically 4th only and half throttle the whole opening of the race, and that just set the tone for the day. On top of that putting my sister in the car for her first time ever going racing. She was in from 12-2 on Saturday and ~10:30-12 on Sunday. Only one incident of minor contact on Saturday and she had no real complaints of other people doing anything too aggressive around her, so thank you everyone. I'm very impressed with what she did. She's only driven on a track once before at an HPDE, and she had never driven our POS ever. But she went out there and drove for 2 hours on saturday as if she'd been doing it for years.

Hopefully we stayed out of everyone's way while being slow. I did my best to stick to one side of the track and let everyone by me. From what I saw my other drivers did the same.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Over our 10-race career we average about 1 flag per weekend, but managed to quadruple that this race, f***ing ourselves out if a respectable finish. Fortunately none were for contact or affected anyone but ourselves. We take full responsibility for our screwups, and thank the judges for being stern but fair. Judge Matt, let me know if you hear back from Herr Roy!

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

gtopat wrote:

Judge Matt, let me know if you hear back from Herr Roy!

That was hilarious.

I hope that's still his number.... If its changed, some random person has a REALLY strange voicemail message.

-Matt

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

We had 4,  1 for passing under yellow on opening session on Saturday and then one late Saturday because of the accident. 

Then one yet again early Sunday and one late Sunday.  Two for the the both late incidents was the same driver.