Topic: Button Turrible, Who's coming?

There has been very little chatter, other than The Spank Class C gang & Chris Overset, Who else are we racing against?

Tired Iron Racing, Class A Winner of 2023 Days of Thunder & the Hooptie-Con Engine heat Cooking Competition, otherwise just a 50x loser, which is somehow able to finish in the top ten, if we don't step on our own dicks.

Re: Button Turrible, Who's coming?

I'll be there, but as a part of Spank's onslaught, so I guess that doesn't add much by way of new information.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

The Super Snipe, fresh from the Hell on Wheels Rally, is coming.   It is the only Lemons race car to complete the rally, so we have confidence it will last the weekend.

We will be set up in garage #15 with lots of shop equipment & supplies.   If you need something, from a hose clamp to welding, come on by and we'll try to help.   Garage 15 is in the new block, behind garages 1-4.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

4 (edited by Camerlengo 2016-09-12 03:35 PM)

Neon Pope some more wrenching to do.

We sheared off our oil temp sensor in the oil pan during a test drive saturday and didn't realize it.

The motor seized up and we are now frantically looking for a new picn' pull engine between now and Oct. 1.

sad sad

'96 Dodge Neon, a.k.a. "Neon Pope" - 20 Lemons races - 1 Class B win

Ran When Parked Racing will be bringing the Race Omega.

Three Year Multiple Lemons Loser,
2013 Arse Freeze Apalooza - Class B Winner,
2015 Vodden the Hell are we Doing - IOE Winner

Yes the Omega is already loaded on the trailer almost ready to go! Found a valve cover leak, all the bolts in the valve covers had backed out to finger tight. Ordered some rubber silicon ones so will have to install at the track on Friday.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Oktoberfest Racing will be there with our 2002 but we have decided to run 6 drivers on both days even though this will make us un-competitive.

2 of the 7 cars are ready.

We're ahead of schedule.

9 (edited by Spank 2016-09-12 09:01 PM)

Spank wrote:

2 of the 7 cars are *ready.

We're ahead of schedule.

FTFM

*left with just enough left to do that the arrive-and-drives can handle it at the track.

The Tinyvette will be there, this time with most of our original team.

There's not much to fix so I think I'll wait until the last minute to start on it.

http://i68.tinypic.com/25ap4d4.jpg

The Avanti is needing a bit of work. Seems that 50 year old suspension bushings are not endurance race quality. They looked good enough before PNW but most of the rubber infills disappeared during the race. Got the parts, working on the install. And brakes. and cooling.
We will be in attendance.

M45 Racing,
#45 '08 Subaru WRX,Winner class A The Ridge, 2022
#4  '63 Studebaker Avanti, IOE, The Ridge 2016
#19 '90 Thunderbird Super Coupe(retired) Organizers Choice Award, Sears 2015

Nine Finger Drifters will be there with the Corolla Dorifuto Wa-gun!

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

We're bringing two boring cars again.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Spank wrote:

*left with just enough left to do that the arrive-and-drives can handle it at the track.

Yeah! Stick it to those lazy... No, wait a minute.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

15 (edited by Spank 2016-09-13 09:09 AM)

I was actually (and fleetingly) toying with the idea of bringing all 7 cars with the engines out and on rolling carts and pushing them w/ the cars through tech. What better way to celebrate 10 years of Lemons in CA w/ 7 years of Spank than with racing to install 7 engines in 6 IOE-winning cars on Friday before tech closes?

I mean, the ONLY 3 cars (of 7) that are not having the entire engine replaced during pre-race prep are the Metro, the Yugo (which is only getting a transmission swap) and the ToyoHog (which is having 1 cylinder jug getting bored +.010 and 1 piston replaced-- so half of an engine replacement).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te48ucoEvFI

Will we be expected to drive the cars the entire distance that that team did as well?

The Jackalope Jockeys will be there to continue our losing streak! 

http://www.jackalopejockeys.com/images/jackalopejack320.png

We've topped off the tank (and checked the starter motor) after running out and limping around the last turn at Arse-Sweat.

Jackalope Jockeys  - Perpetual Losers refusing to learn from mistakes
1977 VW Jackalope

There appears to be around 150 teams signed up for this race. I guess everyone is too busy getting their hoopties ready to talk about it. Either way, I'm looking forward to my first west coast race!

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Maverick74 wrote:

There appears to be around 150 teams signed up for this race.

Yes, as noted above, we already know about Spank's cars.

For some reason, it appears that only a minority of teams participate in this forum.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

Maverick74 wrote:

There appears to be around 150 teams signed up for this race. I guess everyone is too busy getting their hoopties ready to talk about it. Either way, I'm looking forward to my first west coast race!

150 teams!?! Them's Sonoma numbers. That's a narrow track too. Everyone play nice.

We shall be there. I am looking forward to seeing the Avanti up close and personal.

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

Ok, Neon Pope found replacement motor for the engine we grenaded last weekend.

At this point we are a very strong possible maybe that we will get it running good enough...

'96 Dodge Neon, a.k.a. "Neon Pope" - 20 Lemons races - 1 Class B win

billybobster wrote:
Maverick74 wrote:

150 teams!?! Them's Sonoma numbers. That's a narrow track too. Everyone play nice.

We shall be there. I am looking forward to seeing the Avanti up close and personal.

I seem to remember 170 or so at Buttionwillow, before the very hot race, & only 114 the following year.
I  also am looking forward to seeing the Avanti.

Tired Iron Racing, Class A Winner of 2023 Days of Thunder & the Hooptie-Con Engine heat Cooking Competition, otherwise just a 50x loser, which is somehow able to finish in the top ten, if we don't step on our own dicks.

MikeZilla wrote:
billybobster wrote:

I  also am looking forward to seeing the Avanti.

The Avanti will not disappoint.......

Come see us in Garage # 8   big_smile

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

That was half the appeal of Buttonwillow the low car count.  Should be interesting with a full house.

Duck it racing #97