Topic: Getting a Rambler from Houston to California

I need to get the Rambler back home to Corey in Sacramento after MSR. Corey says if the car can get as far as his friend's place in Las Vegas before Thanksgiving, he can come down and get it the rest of the way. As long as there's a safe place for the car to stay, I imagine the same holds true for central/southern California. Anyone willing to help shuttle the car that direction will have the assistance of my wallet for gas money.

First, the easy questions: Is anyone coming to MSR from out West with space on the trailer? Alternatively, is anyone crazy enough to make the drive behind the wheel of the Rambler?

Plan B is to relay the car. I already have an offer from Dave Mulvey to drive the car from MSR to Midland, TX. If someone can pick it up from that vicinity, we can start stitching a plan together.

Barring any other options, Plan C is to drive the car to Vegas myself the weekend after MSR. In which case, if you live along the way and can potentially provide a couch to sleep on or support in case I break down, I would love you forever.

Re: Getting a Rambler from Houston to California

I live in midland but we will not have room to haul it back from msr but have plenty of room if you need to store it here till someone can pick it up.

Looks like Bob (CaptainCardigan) and I are making a roadtrip of it. The plan is to leave Houston Friday afternoon (11/18), crash with our friends in San Antonio, and then do the straight shot all the way to Las Vegas on Saturday (11/19). We bought tickets home Sunday evening, so we have some buffer for when things go wrong. If nothing goes wrong, we land in Vegas around 2 AM, park the car somewhere, get blasted, and then crash at the cheapest hotel room we can find. Timeline very much subject to change.

We'll be taking the I-10 to US-93 route through El Paso, Tuscon, and Pheonix, so if anyone lives along the way and can potentially provide support in the event of a serious breakdown, we would very much appreciate it.

Type44 and Johan are in Phoenix.  Not sure who is in southern NM/AZ

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

5 (edited by DirtyDuc 2016-11-06 10:53 PM)

I'm in SE AZ... about 30 minutes south of the 10 about 60 minutes SE of Tucson.

I can't trailer it to Vegas if it breaks, but I can rescue within a reasonable distance.

And I have two spare bedrooms and an understanding wife.

That guy

Good to know! DirtyDuc, I'm sending you an email just to trade contact info.

As of now, it looks like we're gonna take off work early that Friday and cannonball straight to El Paso Friday night. Assuming that goes well, we'll have a more leisurely day on Saturday getting to Vegas.

I'll be around in Phx in case of needing help. Sending contact info, Frank...

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

I had the idea of driving down and meeting you along I-10 and act as camera car for an epic video through the mountain canyons around junction. Might be dark by that time, though, if you are not overnighting in San Antonio.

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas