Topic: 1984 Porsche 944 in Hollister, CA $500

My father in law has a Porsche 944 he just stopped driving. I'm sure it needs new fluids, battery, etc etc because it has been sitting for 8years or so. Paint is ugly, but who cares.
If you show up with a trailer and cash... Its all yours...

Re: 1984 Porsche 944 in Hollister, CA $500

Pics?  Does it start?  Just sitting outside?

Doesn't start. Battery is dead. Sitting outside with a car cover on it. I'll try to get some photos

I have zero interest in this, and already a line of projects in the queue, but if somebody remote wants to buy this and can't grab it, I'm in Gilroy, which is kind of right up the street from Hollister, and I could fetch it and hold it if it helps somebody.

bs

He's over the car. I haven't been out there to take pictures, but I would bet that if you showed up with a trailer and $100 he would probably let you take it...

mdubsracing wrote:

Pics?  Does it start?  Just sitting outside?

Small block Chevy's drop right in and you can use all the Porsche drive-line stuff...

"get up and get your grandma outta here"

Hi, I'm really interested. My dad and I have been looking for a Lemon for years now, and I'm in SLO county, which is only a couple hundred miles away. My dad sent me this thread and I was so interested I had to make an account to express my interest.

I'm in Morgan Hill and I can come get it. Call or send me a text. Thanks!
Ted

Has this car found a home yet?

If things go well I will probably be picking this car up this Saturday.

trekintosh wrote:

That's great!  I'd love to see this go to a father/ son project. Please update if it things don't "go well", I'm in the market. Just a bit of a drive, I'm in the SF Bay Area.

12 (edited by trekintosh 2017-04-05 11:37 AM)

Bandit13 wrote:
trekintosh wrote:

That's great!  I'd love to see this go to a father/ son project. Please update if it things don't "go well", I'm in the market. Just a bit of a drive, I'm in the SF Bay Area.

Definitely will do. Both the fellow who made this post and his father-in-law who own the car seem like really swell folks, so I'm glad I bit first. I'll make sure to take plenty of pictures. It's so nice I'm not sure if I want to race it, though. The thing is practically mint.

trekintosh wrote:

The thing is practically mint.

A lemons race or two will take care of that.

http://i.imgur.com/2GFzlaC.jpg

I just want to thank Chuck, the fellow who sold it. I'm going to get it back on the road. It was very deep in the mud. I'll make a proper album later to go into more detail.

Congrats / Sympathy Trekintosh!

Best wishes for the first of what may become a long list of bad decisions!

Also in SLO, with the #805 Jackalope,

Jim

Jackalope Jockeys  - Perpetual Losers refusing to learn from mistakes
1977 VW Jackalope - SearsPointless 2015 - Vodden 2015