Topic: A Pending Beer Crisis

My lovely wife went to Binny's yesterday to buy me some beer (it's been a long Lent), and when she asked about the dearth of Racer 5 IPA, she was told that it had been discontinued because the well from which they draw water to brew this beer is dried up, and it's already all sold out in the Midwest.

Is this true???  What's an IPA-loving racecar driver to drink??

15x+ Loser, thinks he's a Real Racer(tm)
Rotaries are great, everyone should try them.

Re: A Pending Beer Crisis

Can't decide if that's funny or if the guy she talked to is a dick.

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.

They pulled out of several markets until their new wells come online in July.
http://bearrepublic.com/bear-republic-f … 1BcnvldVWE

-g

Myopic Motorsport's #888 Ceci n'est pas une Citron Thunderbird ("This is not a lemon" but a 1995 tbird w/ 93 V8 swap + shopping cart rear wing + engine mounted frito maker)
2017 Sears Pointless Organizer’s Choice
Frito Making Tbird from 2018 Sears Pointless Engine Heat BBQ - http://goo.gl/csaet4

Grow a pair.

Lone Star.

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Man - you are practically around the corner from Bell Breweries - Two-hearted IPA is readily available

It is not like there is a dearth of quality IPA in the US.

Founder's all day is quite good if you are looking for something that doesn't kick like a mule - great beer for the shop.

Team Sensory Assault wrote:

Grow a pair.

Lone Star.

Rotaries and shitty bear.. at least you're consistent!

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

Support the Craft Beer!!

Go Local!
Lagunitas (has a brewery in Chicago as of 2014)
Hop Stupid! (a mjor competitor or Racer 5 here in CA).
Maximus IPA (brewed in california and

Just north (Wisconsin!)
Capital Brewing co in Madison Wisconsin
U.S. Pale Ale
Mutiny IPA (Capital Brewery's First India Pale Ale)
Dark Voyage (Dark IPA)

Sprecher's IPA-2 (a DIPA)

Or go more west coast.
See if you can find Drakes Brewing. 1500 is a dry hopped American Pale Ale, IPA is an IPA (more hops in the boil), and Denogginizer is a Double IPA (DIPA).

Not sure if you can get Green Flash in a bottle. yum, yum, yum

Dudes Ex Machina: https://www.facebook.com/dudesexmachina

?Everyone who has ever built anywhere a 'new heaven' first found the power thereto in his own hell- Frederick Nietzsche

Anyone in the L.A. area there is a new place opening right down the street called MacLeod Ale Brewing Conpany on June 15th (in Van Nuys) anyone want to go? It ought to be a nice toasty 100+ degrees in the valley by the middle of June.

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

shouldknowbetter wrote:

Man - you are practically around the corner from Bell Breweries - Two-hearted IPA is readily available

It is not like there is a dearth of quality IPA in the US.

Two-Hearted is one of my favorites.  I'm a big fan of Bell's.  I don't think I've had a single beer from them I didn't like.

I know Racer 5 isn't the only option, I just hate to see a good beer go away.  Also, I thought Judge Phil mentioned it's one of his favorites (hint, hint).

I recently finished off a 4-pack of Goose Island "The Illinois" which was quite good.  Might be worth hanging on to a 4-pack of that for bribery material come July.  I still have one Bourbon County Stout in the fridge, but I ain't giving it up.

15x+ Loser, thinks he's a Real Racer(tm)
Rotaries are great, everyone should try them.

Damn, I really like Racer 5.

Time to experiment with new brands.  As for local I'm a big fan of Two Brothers, I think the have a few IPA beers a couple only available at certain times of year.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Man, it's hard for me to find anything that's not an IPA anymore.

Craft beerz. Try all of them.

BoB wrote:

Time to experiment with new brands.  As for local I'm a big fan of Two Brothers, I think the have a few IPA beers a couple only available at certain times of year.

When you can get it...3Floyds Zombie Dust rocks!   3Floyds has a number of great beers, is in Northwest Indiana and has awesome labels designed by a twisted mind or one often enjoying illegal substances.