Re: 2nd Annual Over/Under 2 Litre Invitational @ CMP

To remind everyone involved in this quite worthy cause, the administrators and higher-ups at Lemons are very gracious in allowing ALSF to utilize their forums for this Race in a Race and we sincerely appreciate their hospitality.

I'm building the trophies this week and the still has long since been extinguished, it's bounty now aging quietly. Last year's prizes were hella sweet, the product of my fathers deft welding touch, so the bar has been set pretty high for his son of all thumbs.

Please please please enter your POS into our Race in a Race, y'all. You don't need your heart strings pulled but I will just say that the fight in these kids is greater than anything you will ever witness on the gridiron; American Ninja Warriors have nothing on a child fighting cancer and they need as much support as they can get. We can give them that support through this event.

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

Throw your hat in the ring!

This is the most awesome trophy sitting on my mantel.

Peter St Pierre             #63 Hong Norrth "C" Supra
     5th Place: 2016 CMP Fall
     6th place: 2015 Autobahn 24 hour
     2nd place: 2014 CMP Fall : 17th place: 2014 CMP Southern Discomfort Spring

Alex (ALSF is named for her) lived locally and every year there's a tribute to her and a fundraiser done on a local TV station.

What a wonderful child she was.  An unbreakable spirit.  i believe she raised over 1 million dollars from her lemonade stand for childhood cancer, all while fighting it.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

we are in for cruise missile
# 423
Chevy Monza
5.0 litre
Team Midlife Crisis

55 (edited by Porschelou 2014-09-16 08:27 PM)

Road Warrior Racing is in ...   

over 2L

Ford Falcon XB Pursuit Special

Max Rockatansky will be available for autographs on Friday night..

Road Warrior Racing - Ford Falcon XB

I'm on a plane coming to the races tonight.
won't be there till 1030 but I owe you 20. what Patrick spot are you in what car?

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Stupid voice to text. What paddock spot?

Yes, I love the modern miracle of voice rec myself.

We are all the way next to the kart track. There is a yellow banner hung next to our RV that advertised the Over/under. Also, look for the olive drab 928 shooting brake.

Head of Estate

Should get a pic with the pinto brake.

Ha! Give me until tomorrow since I have to tuck the kids to bed here in a few.

You missed some great BBQ at the BeeHive, and some fantastic homemade deserts. Oh, and Roger et al beer. I missed the mead, somehow...

I have only found two pintos; the mysterious third stallion hasn't shown itself as of yet and I believe the Titleless coupe is in the lead but I might be suffering carbon monoxide poisoning so take that for what it's worth.

Head of Estate

Muchas gracias to all of our participating teams!

The winners:
Buzz Bomb-Team Sick of Breaking #811
Cruise Missile-Hong Norrth C #63

And the winner of the illustrious Pinto Cup-the fabulous Silent But Deadly #47!

Mock Grass did a fantastic thing and came up with a way that they could parlay the Clemson/Cocks game into a way to donate to Alex's and Hong C donated their previous nickels to the cause as well.

The guys at BTB Racing really surprised us on Friday by presenting us with a full-size, full-color and super high quality banner for the Over/Under that we proudly hung from our team tent. This was so nice and unexpected of them I was truly touched. 5-1-0 Signs To Go is the name of his outfit, although he brushed off my insistence that I mention his company by name. Good people with big hearts!

To all of our teams and all of the Lemons crew, we cannot thank you enough. There are far too many worthy causes in this world, including the expenses incurred by the young family at CMP who lost their son far too early. But because of people like you I know that we can make them just a little less burdensome, or even overcome them altogether. The goodness of this community cannot be overstated and I am proud to be a part of it.

Head of Estate

Way to go everyone who organized and donated. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We raised an even $5,000 at Thunderhill which I'm excited about, of course, but really the final amount is nowhere near as important as the incredibly generous spirit demonstrated by all of the folks associated with 24HOL, Jay and all his staff included. Thank you!

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX

OnkelUdo wrote:

Yeah, I posted it over on the "Other Random Car Stuff"...a little puzzled by its placement here.  I hope it went to good home...

Something just went massively wrong with my browser... I was as stumped as anyone till I realized what was going on.

I deleted the errant response and re-posted it in the right place. smile

"Real ZomBees prefer Bacon"
IOE(x2) MGB/SAAB 96, Judge's Choice, Class C Win, & 2011 Hooniverse Car of the Year!
MRolla, Stick Figure/Animal House, Free Range MR2, SAAB Sonett, "The Death Flip"
2008 Exoskeleton Jag Fiasco, Concours d Lemons - Rue Britannia, worse British car.