Topic: So does Lemons HQ hate us east coast racers?

Reason I ask is how many years must we endure punishing our Mother's and Spouses by having our first race of the season on Mother's day?

Re: So does Lemons HQ hate us east coast racers?

It's time to move out of the basement, they're doing their part to get you OUT on Mother's Day.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

There have been Mother's Day weekend races at Loudon or NJMP dating back to 2010. I always remember to ask Jay if he has called his mom yet during Sunday morning grid up.

My wife is a very tolerant sort. We usually made up for it the following weekend.

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX

Yes, aware of our Mothers day races back that far.  I have been doing them since 2012.   Getting hard to continue to justify a 4 day weekend when I should spend it with family.

I'm going friday and Saturday, home sunday with Wifey, the mother of my children.

This doesn't count against my racing for the year.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

The track is probably really cheap to rent on Mothers Day.

Or, maybe this is just Jay's way of getting mothers into the seat of a race car.

I think they must hate their own mothers and spouses more than they hate east coasters.  I mean, think about it, in theory you could be back home in time on a Sunday to treat your wife to a late night snack somewhere, but the Lemons crew is 3,000 miles away from their wives and mothers.

bs

8 (edited by doctordel 2015-02-02 01:47 PM)

bshorey wrote:

I think they must hate their own mothers and spouses more than they hate east coasters.  I mean, think about it, in theory you could be back home in time on a Sunday to treat your wife to a late night snack somewhere, but the Lemons crew is 3,000 miles away from their wives and mothers.

bs

...intentionally, maybe...?

Head of Estate
/) come monday motorsports /)

Kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

m610 wrote:

The track is probably really cheap to rent on Mothers Day.

Or, maybe this is just Jay's way of getting mothers into the seat of a race car.

People call me a "mother******", do I count?

bshorey wrote:

bs

I don't know how many live that close to the tracks.. Anyone I've been at MD weekend, I haven't been home before midnight.  This year, I am likely skipping it.

Blackmaven MotorSports -  Supporting the United Leukodystrophy Foundation - www.ulf.org
FOR SALE! '68 Ford Cortina - BUY ME HERE!
'04 Mitsu in the works
BlackmavenMotorsports on Facebook

My mom is awesome and would come to the race when it was in NH. NJ is too far though.

We try to make it up the following weekend.  Though it might be nice to spread the love to other regions next year.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

My mom passed Wednesday night,  cancer won.

Red Lemons Racing wrote:

So so sorry to hear.

" the only good thing hipsters have brought about is the canning of non crappy beers"

Red Lemons Racing wrote:

Really sorry to hear that, my sincere condolences.

sad

bs

T&P

Sorry...

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

Appreciate it guys...has not really sunk in as it happened when I was on the road.