Topic: Lemons talked about on street out laws

just saw Lemons mentioned on street outlaws tonight.  super cool.  i knew farm truck and asian raced and was wondering if it would air.

" the only good thing hipsters have brought about is the canning of non crappy beers"

2 (edited by squidrope 2015-03-03 04:24 AM)

Re: Lemons talked about on street out laws

I didn't know that they raced Lemons.   Very cool.

ETA-Getting Lemons mentioned on national TV's gotta get them a GOOJF card or 2.

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook

Yes, They were at the Gator-o-Rama race in Houston/MSR in November 2014. I was there. Their car was alright. Mostly for show. They only did 75 laps and you could tell they were mainly doing things fro the camera. I cant wait to see the Spin the Producers put on it. How they "came down and schooled all the Texas boys"

Either way, I made it a point to Photo-bomb anytime I saw cameras, and i know there should be plenty of footage of our car passing them smile

Jason
Car #111
91 Toyota MR2

From what I understand the show airs like over a year after any filming is done, so any footage is probably not going to show up until end of the year anyway.  with those two atleast it seems ok for them to look like idiots so they may not spin it too bad.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

I don't like that show and the premise is totally irresponsible.   

But - alas, it's fake which makes it even more stupider.

This space for rent.

but the fake reality shows are the really popular ones.

Facebook Page

BoB wrote:

but the fake reality shows are the really popular ones.

Are there any real ones?

bs

http://www.sciencechannel.com/tv-shows/ … -schedule/

at the end something is made

Facebook Page

Hey I don't see how it could be a bad thing.  Any major prime time exposure for Lemons has to be good right?

" the only good thing hipsters have brought about is the canning of non crappy beers"

I slowed down the trailer and recognized the following:

Cookie Monster red BMW
The resistance 75 civic
Model t gt
Yellow and grey mustang fastback

The rest are pretty blurry so looks like this coming season assuming it airs will get some press. Of course they said 24 hours of racing at MSR which was not even close and they only did 75 laps!!

Ha, of course the one episode that sort of has my interest (for obvious reasons--we raced Gator-O-Rama!) comes right after I have a big ol' rant on the show.

And NSF is right, the show's premise is hella butt irresponsible. (At least the Lemons ep won't be, hopefully.)

http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/05/izzy-vale … -accident/

This was bound to happen.  Sucks.

This space for rent.

Being a newb I have very little reason to complain and moan. But I have heard about the nhra threatening to pull theses guys licenses even though they have permits and safety crews where ever they go. And if you listen to the drag folk talk they all say the same thing, you have to make $100,000 a year to even show up to nhra events. That's why street racing is popular AND that's why Lemons is popular. But id honestly have to say the people is what make Lemons popular. But the fact that Lemons is the ultimate entry level road racing is the best. Take it off the streets fellas, help a dude with a fat ass out with a good deal on a seat today, so we may pass this tradition on to our ancestors.

87 Toyota mini-truck

The issue is with how they are promoting/advertising the show.  They are not promoting it as legal racing on the street.  They are promoting it as illegal outlaw street racing.  The NHRA's mission statement specifically states it is against that, so it must take a stand against the show.

There are two very easy ways to solve it.  First, promote it for what it is, organized legal racing on a street.  Second, don't run cars with NHRA numbers on them.

The amount of money you need all depends on what you want to run, just like any other form of racing.  Most drag strips have entry level classes.  Some of them don't even require wearing a helmet if you are slow enough.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

J10495T wrote:

I slowed down the trailer and recognized the following:

Cookie Monster red BMW
The resistance 75 civic
Model t gt
Yellow and grey mustang fastback

The rest are pretty blurry so looks like this coming season assuming it airs will get some press. Of course they said 24 hours of racing at MSR which was not even close and they only did 75 laps!!

Do you have a link to the trailer?

Thanks.

racinrob wrote:

The amount of money you need all depends on what you want to run, just like any other form of racing.  Most drag strips have entry level classes.  Some of them don't even require wearing a helmet if you are slow enough.

Yes. Royal Purple Raceway near Houston has open drag race nights about every month. It's $20 to run all night. IIRC, you only have to wear a helmet if your car is under 14 in the quarter. Under 12 and you need a roll bar. I've been wanting to take my G8 out there for a while now.

17 (edited by VKZ24 2015-03-06 11:03 AM)

I saw the trailer as well and look forward to seeing that episode.

As for the show's premise, making a video of one's self doing illegal stuff has been a basis for prosecution before.  Do you think these guys are dumb enough to risk losing a $100K car participating in an illegal street race?  The make it seem like  their "test hits" are on a open public road, and they are scared of a cop showing up, but really?  Have you ever seen a 4 lane road divided by a median that wasn't busy as f*ck even at midnight?  On the show they NEVER have another car on their side of the road.  As for the actual races, there are like 50 people gathered around a area which is VERY well lit (TV cameras don't like the dark) and no cop has ever showed up. 

It's all staged of course, but it's a TV show.  Anyone who thinks otherwise probably believed Wil E. Coyote could get back up after falling off those cliffs while chasing the Road Runner.  Beep Beep!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

18 (edited by Spank 2015-03-06 10:17 PM)

This happened a few miles where I grew up and not that far from where Speedy lived:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co … 01172.html

Budd's Creek was (is) a popular place for people to go race but then they'd take their grudge matches for cash out on the local streets. Indian Head Hwy there between Bryans Road and Accokeek was a very popular spot because it was way south in PG county where there were few patrols, and it was too far north for Charles County to police.

I worked at a full service gas station onIndian Head Hwy and always saw them making their bets in the Burger King lot next door and then grabbing their gas and heading up the road en masse.

The winners and spectators would reconvene in the BK lot afterwards.

There really was nothing else to do in Chuck County. Well, besides underage drinking and statutory rape. Me? I was the weirdo who shaved his legs and rode a bike.

We've had sufficient "reality" TV crews at Lemons races to verify that, yes, everything is fake and staged.

There was an episode a couple of years ago (and the ONLY one I ever wasted time watching, by the way) where the guys were getting their bets together and one said that they had to hurry up before the cops were called.  In the distance, you could see a line of blue lights blocking the highway so they could do their "illegal" race.

Yeah, right.......   If you are stupid enough to watch that kind of drivel,  please refrain from polluting the gene pool.

#508 Team SOB
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

BigBird wrote:
Mick25 wrote:

If you are stupid enough to watch that kind of drivel,  please refrain from polluting the gene pool.

^^^^ My thoughts exactly....

So what your saying is we are stupid for watching it?  I'll watch anything car related. Thanks for calling me stupid.

BigBird wrote:

Just my opinion...No slight intended...

Right...

"We Got Screwed" NHMS 2017, 4th NHMS 2020,  4th NJMP 2021,
"Judges Choice" NHMS 2021,10th NJMP 2022, 3rd Thompson 2022
#847 Batmobile  aka-"Beulah"  search Squidrope Racing on Facebook