Topic: ECR Ice Racing

There was some racing this weekend.
ECR Lemons Ice Racing: http://youtu.be/ak4ybYVuNwI

Organizer's Choice Award 2011 Heaps in Heart of Texas
IOE 2012 North Dallas Hooptie
2014 ECR Class C WIN;  2015 MSR Class B WIN
Speedy Monzales

Re: ECR Ice Racing

Sad thing is that that WAS UNDER the paddocks....

Jason
Car #111
91 Toyota MR2

Dumb question probably but what happens to the money that everyone paid in to go racing and it snows like that?  Are there any refunds of any kind or maybe rain checks or partial rain checks?  I know the race organizers can't predict the weather and I'd hate to be in their shoes when something like this happens.   What a serious bummer for everyone all the way down to the track workers that were hoping to make money that weekend.

" the only good thing hipsters have brought about is the canning of non crappy beers"

Lemons offered everyone at ECR a refund or credit for another race.

Most event organizers can purchase insurance in the event something happens that they have to cancel their event.  I have no idea if Lemons has event insurance, but they probably do.

We needed to get the car off the trailer.  Other teams "next door" all helped clear out our COVERED paddock without us even asking.  Using lemony tools like trailer ramps, it was cleaned out in a jiff.  Lemons brotherly spirit was abudnent that weekend.

TARP Racing Cookie Monster Warlord BMW & MR2 / SIMCA
Driver (Barely)

Very Nice!

He's a new man now, part of the machine,
His nerves of metal and his blood oil.
The clutch curses, but the gears obey,
His least bidding, and lo, he's away.

friscolaw wrote:

We needed to get the car off the trailer.  Other teams "next door" all helped clear out our COVERED paddock without us even asking.  Using lemony tools like trailer ramps, it was cleaned out in a jiff.  Lemons brotherly spirit was abudnent that weekend.

It was the least we could do....you guys loaned us a shovel to do ours!......and we weren't going anywhere!   ;-)

Tetanus Racing Toxoid!
86 E30  It ain't cheatin' if it's junk!
Work in Progress

Yeah, we were bored and drunk, and it looked fun.