Re: Who is in for Gingerman?

Engine is still out, trans is still out, 2 wheels off,  4 weeks to go.  Plenty of time to put stuff off yet. It needs to warm up here in mich. Lake Michigan still has ice pretty far out. Unusual for this late in the year. Cold weather is not helping motivation.

Team Sheen Integra and Mirada.
Every Gingerman & Autobahn since 7-2011

Straight6er wrote:

Engine is still out, trans is still out, 2 wheels off,  4 weeks to go.  Plenty of time to put stuff off yet. It needs to warm up here in mich. Lake Michigan still has ice pretty far out. Unusual for this late in the year. Cold weather is not helping motivation.

Lake Erie is still ice covered as well ( live 150 yards from it ) and we're in the same boat -- too f'in cold to finish the needed repairs.

Thank God I'm off the week before the race, it may not warm up until then!

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

53 (edited by danio3834 2015-03-30 11:57 AM)

We'll be there with our Stratus that hasn't ran a race in 4.5 years. Everything should still be good after sitting in the weeds all that time, right?

WE ARE IMPORTANT MEN!  WE DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!

danio3834 wrote:

We'll be there with our Stratus that hasn't ran a race in 4.5 years. Everything should still be good after sitting in the weeds all that time, right?

Is this one that blew the tranny at Joliet on the transponder laps.  I am sure nothing will go wrong.

Make sure you have updated the cage.

OnkelUdo wrote:
danio3834 wrote:

If you (danio) need some cage work, shoot me a message and I'll what we can do to help a fellow Pentastar out.  Our shop is across the ditch in Warren MI.

The Pentastar whisperer

56 (edited by danio3834 2015-03-30 02:00 PM)

OnkelUdo wrote:
danio3834 wrote:

Is this one that blew the tranny at Joliet on the transponder laps.  I am sure nothing will go wrong.

Ha, no that's not us. The last race this car has seen was Gingerman 2010. Never been out to Joliet.

We've updated the back stays from terminating on a cross bar to terminating on the floor instead. Just have to add a door bar to the passenger side. These appear to be the cage updates we need to worry about since we built it and passed tech back then.

There's a minimum door bar spacing now as well, but it's probably not an issue. The two bars have to be at least 7.5" apart outside to outside where they hit both vertical members (so 4" of space minimum between the bars for 1.75" tubing).

58 (edited by danio3834 2015-03-30 04:15 PM)

I saw the door bar spacing specs in the "How not to fail tech" document which we have inside the car, so we *shouldn't* have an issue. We just need a tubing notcher that isn't a giant piece of Harbor Freight crap to finish it up.

Bayley wrote:

If you (danio) need some cage work, shoot me a message and I'll what we can do to help a fellow Pentastar out.  Our shop is across the ditch in Warren MI.

Thanks,, us Mopar racers need all the help we can get. If we end up in a pinch, we'll give you a shout.

OnkelUdo wrote:
danio3834 wrote:

Udo, you're thinking of the Intrepid (LS chassis) that raced in '11.
http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LIL11/LIL11-UG-0031.jpg
These guys are racing a Stratus (cloud car chassis).
http://www.murileemartin.com/LDF10Uber/Detroit_Fall10-1219.jpg

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Yep, that's our Stratus in the pic.

I wonder how much the Super Touring Stratuses from the short-lived North American Touring Car Championship are worth

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d118/boxcarracertx/tourred.jpg

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

I hope it's less than $500. wink

Charnal House will not be bringing the metSHO out for the hometown race, as a couple of the team-mates (me included) have weddings/honeymoons, etc and the landlord tore down our workshop last fall  sad

However, I am helping out with an entirely new team out of Grand Rapids called Rough Knuckle Racing.  Look(out) for a super cheaty Nike-shoe themed Miata and wish us luck with the judges!

Mike @ Charnal House Inc.
Like us on Facebook!
Or send us a message at CharnalHouse@gmail.com

Will the MetSHO be at the 24 hour race?  We need to revive the Metro cup.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

65 (edited by edchap13 2015-03-31 02:32 PM)

NO METSHO!?!?! That's a serious bummer. I guess I'll have the largest splitter at this race. Lol

http://i.imgur.com/hTcWlvp.jpg

Everybody can relax- I found the car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CPss95p3Ck

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

67 (edited by shamwow 2015-04-01 09:42 AM)

Sorry Guys, but Team Charnal House has all of their crap packed into a tiny storage unit for now, and the little MetSHO needs open heart surgery after her last lap registered 260f water and 360f oil.

I think we might be taking the year off...

http://hooniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/MetSHO.jpg

Mike @ Charnal House Inc.
Like us on Facebook!
Or send us a message at CharnalHouse@gmail.com

Lex is out.. too much life stress. Mechanical updates are all done, but I didn't get wiring done and hit the wall. Need to get help to rewire done!

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

8(

bummer....

shamwow wrote:

Sorry Guys, but Team Charnal House has all of their crap packed into a tiny storage unit for now, and the little MetSHO needs open heart surgery after her last lap registered 260f water and 360f oil.

I think we might be taking the year off...

http://hooniverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/MetSHO.jpg

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

I'll be there, and have working brakes. I promise.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

tSoG wrote:

I'll be there, and have working brakes. I promise.

Wally does not give a crap about your brakes, but he is curious about the size of your bacon tribute...and that is not a euphemism.

New engine runs! Spent all weekend chasing phantom electrical problems only to find some idiot (me) had hooked up the fuel supply and return on the fuel rail backwards. When it ran on ether there were thoughts of carburetion but we are now in the modern age with fuel injection!

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Nice!  My new engine runs too! 

Now I just have to get the clutch to work, bolt in the new seat and belts, battery box, toe, camber, figure out why my temp sensors don't work, tidy up the wiring in the engine bay and weld a quick release on.

Other than that, I need to road test to ensure that the car moves under it's own power.

Crap.

Fireball Racing - ‘67 Ford Fairlane and ‘73 Saab Sonett

I've lost a lot, but the Fairlane finally won an IoE.

Yeah, my list is still long, for the clutch need to somehow bleed internal slave, temperature sensor for gauge,  tidy up wiring, re-route brake lines, build a fire wall, change rear end ratio, find the best of the old brake pads and tires. Decide how to get it full of water now that the radiator is lower that the engine. It's going to be a fun couple of weeks!

Oh and I have a timing chain kit to install if I run out of things to do as these engines are rumored to have oiling issues and and should be replaced before 100k miles, engine has done 120 k miles.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

chadadams59 wrote:

Other than that, I need to road test to ensure that the car moves under it's own power.

Crap.

Nonsense! We went to Road America after putting in an unproven transmission. The only time it ran was to put it on the trailer. You'll be fine!

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat