Topic: Streets of Alameda 4th of July Parade

Hey California peeps. I'm want to try organizing a 24 Hours of Lemons 4th of July parade entry for the Alameda 4th of July parade. I need to estimate participation before I register an entry. Who's in?!?!?!?

Team Captain: #808 Licensed to Ill Mini Truck

2 (edited by DC Doug 2015-04-12 11:20 PM)

Re: Streets of Alameda 4th of July Parade

What does a 'registration' mean? Link?

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

It's FREE!

http://www.alamedaparade.com/signup/

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I'm in contact with the parade organizers so I can register all of the Lemons cars as one Parade entry. I just need a list of participants before I make it official.

Since they often have the local PT Cruiser club and about 50 cars as one entry, they'll be happy to let Lemons cars in.

In fact, Duane at Lee Auto is often involved with running the parade. Just go down to the shop and talk to him.

I'm in with 2-3 cars,  idling for a couple hours would be just like the yellow flags

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/cabinboy63/100_5433.jpg

Lemons cars love a 4th of July parade.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

I have confirmed that the cars do not need to be street legal to participate in the parade. I have registered us in the parade as a group. I told the organizers that we will have somewhere in the neighborhood of a dozen cars, but that could mean anywhere from 5 to 200. I would love to make it 200.

If you would like to participate, please let me know!

~Jesse

Gonna try and have the Bricklin rolling by then.

Nice that you don't have to be street legal. When we did the parade the Jetta had to be plated and I had to provide proof of insurance which would have been nice to know before we pulled up to the staging area. Lucky I had it with me.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

We can commit to being there.  We're local so let us know if you need any support before the event as well

TCT Performance & Racing, LLC
Faster Farms Ranch, Knightsen, CA

12 (edited by m610 2015-04-14 03:39 PM)

The Tinyvette can come.

So, after the parade, what then? Disperse and go home, or hooptify the parking lot of a local eatery?

blizzard wrote:

A Bricklin? Brilliant! Because DeLorean prequel. Because V8! Do you have the backstory posted?

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

billybobster wrote:
blizzard wrote:

A Bricklin? Brilliant! Because DeLorean prequel. Because V8! Do you have the backstory posted?

Not really.  Just been posting things on the facebook page.  I'll probably post something here at some point but I've just been crazy busy.  Car is currently at Evil Genius getting a cage.

15 (edited by cdickman12 2015-06-23 07:15 PM)

Rambler is out. Blew up in Buttonwillow will not be able to make the trek.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Crazy idea that involves extra work/complications, is parade the cars 2-aside, one being the Lemons car, and other being an example of what people usually think of then they think, e30, Opel GT, Mustang, Porsche 911, Geo Metro, etc.

Is this still on?

Who's coming?

cdickman12 wrote:

Damn, sorry to hear it. Hope you can get the car back together soon.

m610 wrote:

Is this still on?

Who's coming?

I was waiting until after Buttonwillow to start asking who can still participate, since I know that track takes a toll on cars.

The parade is still on and I'd like to get as many Lemons car s as possible to participate. We are planning to host a BBQ and beers after the parade at our house in Alameda for anyone interested.

Let me know if you are in or need any info to help you decide.

~Jesse

whatwouldjessedo wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

Damn, sorry to hear it. Hope you can get the car back together soon.

Smoked the rear diff or bearings in it. Getting parts for this thing takes weeks sometimes. Has taught me patience in many ways.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

I am happy to hand out Lemons stickers and postcards too - get more drunk idiots to race against!

22 (edited by fleming95 2015-06-24 12:58 PM)

I'd been looking forward to seeing the parade, but bringing the wife to see Lemons cars (except when there are scones ala 2nd Saturdays!) ain't high on the family list.

But now she's going to the USS Hornet for their event on the 4th - so I'll be there (sans car, since I ain't got one).

(Also, for those of you who like old steel, newer rust, the smell of fuel oil, warplanes, an Airstream trailer converted into a quarantine facility, and such, I'd recommend a trip to the Hornet, then or some other time!)

m610 wrote:

Is this still on?

Who's coming?

Sorry Team Camel Toe is out also.  I'm stuck in South America now until the day before the Ridge race and we still haven't finished putting the car back together for the race.  Hope to see everyone in WA, have fun, we'll be there next year if it happens again.

TCT Performance & Racing, LLC
Faster Farms Ranch, Knightsen, CA

Up until 5 years ago, I lived on Park St in Alameda, right on the parade route. Sad to be missing this.

It's three days away from parade time. I have a good small group of cars, but am still looking for more. If you have a car available and want to join the Alameda parade, please let me know. It's a 4-mile parade route through our island city. We line up at 8:45 am and will finish around noon. It's a pretty fun time so you should be there!! Please call if you and your car can attend, or if only your car can attend vbecause maybe I can find a driver for it. Call or text me at 510.499.4200

~Jesse