Topic: Pacific Northwest GP Camping

Can anybody speak to the camping situation up at The Ridge? Myself and a couple of friends who are interested in Lemons are coming up from Portland this weekend as spectators (or emergency laborers if anybody gets in a pickle, we're all pretty solid with a wrench). Our plan is to bring tents and find a place to land. Will that work out, or will the powers that be chase us off their lawn?

Re: Pacific Northwest GP Camping

bob7z7 wrote:

Will that work out, or will the powers that be chase us off their lawn?

If it's anything like previous years, there's no lawn. Also no electricity or running water. It's a fairly rustic setting.

On the bright side, camping is allowed:

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/events-r … thworst-gp

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Rustic I can handle. Sleeping under the rear glass of the crapola 944 we're carting up in I cannot.

Thanks mharrell!

I have no idea what it will be like, I have only been out to the Ridge once and don't remember any kind of field.  That being said, I will be there with my team, and I do believe we are all planning to camp.  Good thing to check with the rest of the crew!

There is a huge flat field with lots of space for camping.   All dirt, no grass.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

Worst campground in WA state (no 'lectricty, porta-poops, no water).  However, the parties are pretty good.
We will alnost certainly be broken, so feel welcome to swing by and offer unwanted advice (#55 - green and orange Mazda 787B). After the track goes cold, we have music and lights too!

Ask for Mike.

- Van

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.

Not having access to any kind of running water is pretty rough. Not even a lonely hose available.

We are towing all the way from San Jose in the motorhome and now need to fill all of our tanks beforehand.

'96 Dodge Neon, a.k.a. "Neon Pope" - 20 Lemons races - 1 Class B win

Camerlengo wrote:

Not having access to any kind of running water is pretty rough. Not even a lonely hose available.

We are towing all the way from San Jose in the motorhome and now need to fill all of our tanks beforehand.

Hey! Don't be taking any of our precious water out of state. Haven't you heard about the armed guards and Mandatory Urination Stations at the borders? Fill your tanks in the People's Republic of Washington.

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

billybobster wrote:
Camerlengo wrote:

Hey! Don't be taking any of our precious water out of state. Haven't you heard about the armed guards and Mandatory Urination Stations at the borders? Fill your tanks in the People's Republic of Washington.

Also, you probably don't want to be toting full water tanks up and down many of the hills you will encounter on your journey.

bs

That dirt field looked more like a strip mined quarry too, i'm bringing many sleeping pads, likely have to spring for an air mattress too.  I hear there may be a real building with real bathrooms this year?!

bshorey wrote:
billybobster wrote:
Camerlengo wrote:

Also, you probably don't want to be toting full water tanks up and down many of the hills you will encounter on your journey.

bs

Yes, that thought occurred to me after I posted.

So we will fill out 100 gallon tank sometime shortly before Shelton... smile

'96 Dodge Neon, a.k.a. "Neon Pope" - 20 Lemons races - 1 Class B win

Thanks for the info guys! We're all backpackers when we're not in the garage, so we're used to rocky ground and hauling in our own water. I'll be sure to pack plenty of unsolicited opinions too, stimpyvan.

GoneZoe wrote:

........  I hear there may be a real building with real bathrooms this year?!

From the website:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE The Ridge Motorsports Park Announces Major Milestone, Hurdle Overcome – Permanent Bathroom Building Permit Has Been Issued SHELTON, Washington (June 26, 2015) – The Ridge Motorsports Park announced today that the building permit for the long anticipated permanent bathroom building structure has been issued, construction to begin immediately. “This particular process has [...]

....so,maybe next year....??

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

14 (edited by Mike98036 2015-07-07 11:57 PM)

stimpyvan wrote:

We will alnost certainly be broken, so feel welcome to swing by and offer unwanted advice (#55 - green and orange Mazda 787B). After the track goes cold, we have music and lights too!

Ask for Mike.

- Van

lol

Perennial Losers
Mazda 787b aka '75 914 - Org Choice @ The Ridge, 2015; IGS @ TH, 2018
BMW M1 Procar aka '80 RX-7 (retired) - Zero awards sad

stimpyvan wrote:

Worst campground in WA state (no 'lectricty, porta-poops, no water).  However, the parties are pretty good.

Ask for Mike.

- Van

Since yours is a 2 rotor, isn't that a Mazda 393.5B?

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

16 (edited by stimpyvan 2015-07-08 11:04 AM)

cheseroo wrote:
stimpyvan wrote:

Ask for Mike.

- Van

Since yours is a 2 rotor, isn't that a Mazda 393.5B?

Who says we don't have 4 rotors?! I think with all the junk 12As we've bought we probably have 8 or 10!

13X losers (or is 14 now?) refusing to learn from our failures.
Organizer's Choice!  Trophy should have a bottle opener on it.