1 (edited by SforSancho 2016-02-11 04:56 PM)

Topic: Team Old Farts Lemons Sonoma Dec 5-6 2015 Season Closer Bloopers 12min

Arse-Freeze-Apalooza was a pretty tough result for us, with 3 DNFs. Enough mishaps to make a nearly 12 minute blooper reel. If your team is involved in with one of our cars in this video we are most sorry. Looked for the 508 BMW team personally but could not find them. Had a hilarious moment where we both looked at each other down the stretch and raised our hands in a 'well whaddaya gonna do, its racing' gesture. Lots of mistakes made here, and a systematic failure in inspecting our 4000 resulted in losing a wheel pretty spectacularly. Looking at the video I'm not sure our pit crew jacked up the car or even tried tightening the lug nuts!

I edit these for the benefit of our team, but feel free to watch and laugh and comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCNnHqu … e=youtu.be

Lemons
Team Old Farts
Sears Point December 5-6 2015
Arse-Freeze-Apalooza

Not a great showing from Old Farts this race. Porsche running rough early Saturday because of water in the spark plug holes and nearly lost a wheel (and did lose a stub shaft) to a loose axle nut. A quick run to a junkyard fixed the stub shaft but lost 4 hours in the process. 4000 out of the race on Saturday afternoon after ignoring the flagger's warning of a loose wheel. 200 was going very strong until Sunday afternoon when a low-percentage move resulted in us disabling ourselves on another car. Compounding that mistake was a locked steering wheel (ignition off) that caused our driver to hit the tire wall on the way in.

Lots of contact in this race. Apologies if your team was involved.

Starring
1987 Porsche 924 "Pac-Man"
1991 Audi 200 "Clyde"
1984 Audi 4000 "Speedy"

Team OLD Farts
1987 Porsche 924 "Pac-Man"
1986 Audi 4000 Ghost 'Speedy'
1991 Audi 200 Ghost 'Clyde'

Re: Team Old Farts Lemons Sonoma Dec 5-6 2015 Season Closer Bloopers 12min

Great vid...I knew conditions were slippery but didn't realize there was that much contact that race. Fav is definitely the wheel lock tire collision at the end. Pretty funny stuff. See you guys out there this weekend.

Re: Team Old Farts Lemons Sonoma Dec 5-6 2015 Season Closer Bloopers 12min

Some good accident avoidance !  Nice driving