Re: A DECADE OF DISAPPOINTMENT

It's roughly like CMP but damper and moister overall. Much fewer fire ants. HQ gets to be inside a building with walls which is a plus. The Judges are in basically an echoey metal phone booth which is less of a plus. Paddock lane control is stricter since there's only one flow that works the way it's laid out. Go the wrong way too much and you'll be having a bad time soon.

The ground is also less Brick hard like a lot of CMP is. Easier to stick things in, but easier to get things stuck in.

Weather will be in the range of 0-100 degrees F, 20 to 100% humidity, with the potential for Rain, Snow, Overcast and/or Sun at seemingly even odds.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Guildenstern wrote:

It's roughly like CMP but damper and moister overall. Much fewer fire ants. HQ gets to be inside a building with walls which is a plus. The Judges are in basically an echoey metal phone booth which is less of a plus. Paddock lane control is stricter since there's only one flow that works the way it's laid out. Go the wrong way too much and you'll be having a bad time soon.

The ground is also less Brick hard like a lot of CMP is. Easier to stick things in, but easier to get things stuck in.

Weather will be in the range of 0-100 degrees F, 20 to 100% humidity, with the potential for Rain, Snow, Overcast and/or Sun at seemingly even odds.

As long as there are fewer fire ants, I'll be happy. I still can't bend my big toe from being attacked by them.

Knoxvegas Lowballers - Team Mom: unfortunately that is my circus and those are my monkeys.
www.facebook.com/KnoxvegasLowballers

To expand a bit on what Maverick74 said, Gingerman does have modern facilities but based on the last race with about 40 less teams than expected this time, they are likely to be completely overwhelmed. 

The Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp Resort cabins and RV slots down the road exactly a mile have unlimited hot water, extremely nice bathrooms and facilities all around.  I personally won't stay there as I like to be at the track but it was amazing to zip over there and take a shower when our A&D rented one of the cabins.  They are not expensive but since the race is about the last weekend of the regular camping season, there is a chance they will be booked up.  Even renting a "primitive" tent site for $80 for the whole weekend would give you access to those amazing showers and bathrooms.

Guildenstern wrote:

You forgot ice fog and freezing rain.

The MetSHO will make its return for this race.  We are working at a frantic pace to complete the new theme in time.

Given that the car hasn't raced in 2 years and we have made about 3000 changes, I am sure we will spend a big portion of the weekend with it on jack stands.

Mike @ Charnal House Inc.
Like us on Facebook!
Or send us a message at CharnalHouse@gmail.com

shamwow wrote:

The MetSHO will make its return for this race.  We are working at a frantic pace to complete the new theme in time.

Given that the car hasn't raced in 2 years and we have made about 3000 changes, I am sure we will spend a big portion of the weekend with it on jack stands.

The race just got a little more awesome!

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Way more awesomer!!!

Brett85p wrote:
shamwow wrote:

The race just got a little more awesome!

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

shamwow wrote:

I am sure we will spend a big portion of the weekend with it on jack stands.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/85/31/af/8531af0bcb2d82aa129ccefbb86c215e.jpg

"THE WONDERMENT CONSORTIUM"
Everything dies baby that's a fact,
But maybe everything that dies someday comes back?

I have never been bitten by a fire ant at seven years of going to Gingerman, versus being bitten by about 900 fire ants during my eight years of going to CMP. I don't think they even have fire ants in Michigan. They have mosquitoes aplenty at Gingerman, though.

Judge Phil wrote:

I have never been bitten by a fire ant at seven years of going to Gingerman, versus being bitten by about 900 fire ants during my eight years of going to CMP. I don't think they even have fire ants in Michigan. They have mosquitoes aplenty at Gingerman, though.

My Garlic Mashed Potatoes take care of the mosquito problem...on the day after you eat them.  15#'s of them now ready for the potluck...shameless plug.

Judge Phil wrote:

The whole winter thing I think keeps a lot of the really bad bugs away, so no fire ants or killer bees or any of that stuff.  Some mosquitoes but a cold snap before the race can get rid of most of them.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

We're now close enough that the extended forecasts have the race weekend on them... and, at least right now, it doesn't look too horrible:

FRI OCT 7   
Showers
70°  54°     50%   

SAT OCT 8   
Partly Cloudy
67°  54°     20%   

SUN OCT 9   
Partly Cloudy
67°  52°     20%

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

Might be close enough for them to put something up there but its not much more than a random guess.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

That's a good point to make for the teams coming from farther away.  Thanks to the great lakes, weather forecasts in Michigan are not typically as accurate as other places in the country....

I am still planning on nighttime temps in the low 30's and daytime highs in the low 90's with 105% humidity.  This way all I can be is happy if I am wrong, but prepared if I am right.

OnkelUdo wrote:

I am still planning on nighttime temps in the low 30's and daytime highs in the low 90's with 105% humidity.  This way all I can be is happy if I am wrong, but prepared if I am right.

It's the humidity that gets ya.......

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

I live in central Florida. I know unpredictable weather. I've also been to Gingerman a few times. I expect high winds, and that's about it.

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

ronman wrote:

We're now close enough that the extended forecasts have the race weekend on them... and, at least right now, it doesn't look too horrible:

FRI OCT 7   
Showers
70°  54°     50%   

SAT OCT 8   
Partly Cloudy
67°  54°     20%   

SUN OCT 9   
Partly Cloudy
67°  52°     20%

At first glance I thought this was a forecast for what the water temperature in the showers would be each day.

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

OnkelUdo wrote:

95 degrees and Snowing.

So who is still working on your hoopties?

It Ain't My Fault

Shorter list would be... who is ready to race this minute?   smile

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

Dave wrote:

Um...we are.  I mean we have a cage and it has driven two blocks so I am sure it will all go flawlessly.

How is you super-secret project turning out?

Is there anywhere close by Gingerman to get tires mounted Saturday evening??  (we have multiple partially used sets of tires, but only 1 set of rims....)
Our car is almost ready, just need numbers on it,       and       maybe       figure out where the loud clicking sound is coming from when we let the clutch out......

jmas wrote:

Is there anywhere close by Gingerman to get tires mounted Saturday evening??  (we have multiple partially used sets of tires, but only 1 set of rims....)
Our car is almost ready, just need numbers on it,       and       maybe       figure out where the loud clicking sound is coming from when we let the clutch out......

Many have reported the Walmart will do it...and you have many hours Sunday morning to borrow a set of tire irons from Apocalyptic and do it yourself if you are a masochist.

If it is FWD, that clicking is likely a CV joint...our your transmission is about to explode.

OnkelUdo wrote:
Dave wrote:

Um...we are.  I mean we have a cage and it has driven two blocks so I am sure it will all go flawlessly.

How is you super-secret project turning out?

almost done

It Ain't My Fault