Re: Manual Transmission Shifting help.

Tajracing45 wrote:
Jer wrote:

Which car #/type are you?  I like to know who to look out for at downshifting spots.  No offense, but I am being serious.

I was going to ask the same thing!!  LOOK OUT!

Actually if the Lemons universe holds true to form, the guy you should watch out for isn't the guy who publicly admits that a Lemons race will be his first time driving stick--it's the guy who's worried about him! (Especially if his street car has a NASA sticker on it....)

Saw this at a racing school once. The guy that said "I don't know anything" ended up faster than Mr. know-it-all....mainly because he was learning from the instructors instead of trying to show them how fast he was. Watch out for the guy asking questions...he may be gaining on you!

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

gsmith2424 wrote:
MurileeMartin wrote:

Like I said, if this "first-time stick driver" story turns out to be camouflage for the cheatiest Miata in Lemons history: large appliance bolted to decklid!

Don't think we won't do it- we've got a bullet-riddled Maytag waiting for us!

I don't doubt it one bit.  To make it even better you could fill it with water.

Sounds like a new penalty to me.. the offending team has to figgure out how to get the washer to run completely thru a full cycle AND actually clean the load, before being let back out on track, oh, and all of this while mounted to the hood.  Might be a bit trickey if the washer hasn't worked in 5 years and has bullet holes throughout.

-Martin
Team SHOtime
1986 Formula 1 Benetton racing livery
Old themes - M*A*S*H - Red Rocket Rat car