Re: Lets see gauges, switch panels and cockpit photos

The Oreo's and RPG fuses are removed because...I'm guessing this race car isnt equipped.  I wonder what the BEER switch does!

there is another pic somewhere that has the fuses in place

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

From the Sex Pistons Spitfire.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/388210_2476346399468_685161295_n.jpg

5x loser - and just all around not very good
My Crappy Blog
Former Sex Pistons Craptain
And it feels so funny, like bathing in honey...

What's the orange flasher for on the left side and how is it actuated?

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

Doug, I use one of those (a re-purposed side turn marker) for a low water pressure idiot light. Problem is that the MR2's water system typically runs at such low pressure (the stock radiator cap releases at 12psi) that "normal" water pressure barely gets above the lowest PSI sender that I can find. But it would work well in a higher pressure system like on a domestic V8.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

56 (edited by chicagozer 2011-11-27 10:31 AM)

Mulry wrote:

Doug, I use one of those (a re-purposed side turn marker) for a low water pressure idiot light. Problem is that the MR2's water system typically runs at such low pressure (the stock radiator cap releases at 12psi) that "normal" water pressure barely gets above the lowest PSI sender that I can find. But it would work well in a higher pressure system like on a domestic V8.

We did the same thing; it kinda of works. We used the OEM oil pressure idiot sender. When the car gets hot enough, it pressurizes and the light goes off.  I'm like you, I need to find something that runs a bit lower pressure.

Another thing we did for this upcoming race is wire the brake light into an unused idiot light on our external cluster. This way we can see when people are on the brakes in the video.

Good Luck Everybody Else Racing. Yes, we have a fan page.

The Orange light indicates the KERS is charged.

My Crappy Blog

socal.colin wrote:

The Orange light indicates the KERS is charged.

Then where's the DRS indicator?

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

59 (edited by CrashTestDummy 2011-11-28 08:25 AM)

That's when the in-car camera displays nothing but the tire wall in front of the car at the end of the last fastest straight.  Another indicator would be the rough ride across the grass toward said wall.

You can learn a lot from a dummy,
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
ApexVinyl Race Team - 2011 Yee-Haw It's Lemons Texas IOE, 2012 Gater-O-Rama I Got Screwed

DC Doug wrote:

What's the orange flasher for on the left side and how is it actuated?

It is actually just an ignition light. Currently the alternator works but the indicator is bad so the light glows and gets brighter as the engine revs up.

So currently it's a... uh.. hmm a light.

My Crappy Blog

http://i.imgur.com/RXOpV.jpg

Hahahaha!!! Oh dear.

Josh Poage
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2009 Yee-haw It's Texas
Prison Break Racing - 1986 325e #27 - 2010 Gator-o-Rama
Poage Ma Thoin Racing - 1981 Fiat Brava #09 - 2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas

Not one single car with a 'suck' knob?  I guess I'll need to work that in to my build.

I rigged this up for our old Sentra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQTXEwd0EQA

...pretty much the old cool thing about that car.

Lorin Mueller
Scuderia Asino formerly Team Haulin' Ass - 83 Plymouth Scamp
Team Soccer Moms - 93 Dodge Caravan

draces1 wrote:

Not one single car with a 'suck' knob?  I guess I'll need to work that in to my build.

I think thats because most of our cars are hard set to suck at all times, no need for a knob.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Im working on a functional DRS button...

Yee-Haw 2010 "Most Heroic Fix" & "I Got Screwed" -2 trophies for 1 lap, but I took checkered on my lap.
Gator-O-Rama 2012 "Organizers Choice" -2 laps 1 trophy, but i still finished ahead of an E30
Yee-Haw 2013 No trophy -26 laps, I think I see a pattern here
Gator-O-Rama 2014 "Waiting for the Last Minute Call from the Governor Award" -who's counting? John

Here is our dash when the car was first made in 2010.
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff384/jbgotm/Firebird_dash_2010.jpg

Here is the dash redone in 2011.
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff384/jbgotm/Firebird_dash_2011.jpg

Alright, I'm pretty retarded.  I can't get a cut and paste of our dash/swithpanel to appear in this box. for posting.  What gives?

Tubby

68 (edited by VKZ24 2011-12-02 12:53 PM)

Tubby wrote:

Alright, I'm pretty retarded.  I can't get a cut and paste of our dash/swithpanel to appear in this box. for posting.  What gives?

You mean like w/o using html tags?  It ain't gonna happen.  The image has to be hosted elsewhere and linked to.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

Let's try this again:

The office:
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/291892_10150305358877346_102985012345_7905782_2022796398_n.jpg

Closeup:
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/310426_10150301932567346_102985012345_7873111_2993756_n.jpg

Tubby

The Honeywell thermostat is for the cool suit.  One of our drivers is an engineer with lots of time on his hands...

Tubby

How many of those switches are live?  And how do you remember what they really do? big_smile

A&D: 2011 Autobahn, 2012 Gingerman, 2012 Road America, 2012 Autobahn II, 2013 Gator-O-Rama (True 24!)
Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse Racing
2013 Chubba Cheddar Enduro - Organizer's Choice, 2014 Doing Time in Joliet
http://www.facebook.com/#!/SirJackieSte … urseRacing

What kind of lap timer is that? Looks like it has good visibility.

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

The lap timer is a G2X and we run it in "predictive" mode which after you have a lap down (resets each driver), it tells you + or - how you are doing each corner vs. your fastest lap.  Very helpful to see where you are losing time or when you shortened it.

Was also helpful when trying to match the fastest lap with our in car video.

The location is pretty much perfect.  We use the car stock gauges and it's high enough so you don't really have to go to look hard to get a quick glance.

Tubby

Yeah, my biggest problem with the Blind Apex is that the unlit LCD display can be tough to see at a glance.

Pure sex.

ALLEGEDLY!

-Dave
Scuderia Ignorante // Modena / Dearborn / Aichi Prefecture / West Texas