Re: Auxiliary lighting Nelson ledges

holy dazzling glare batman! I got light spots when i blink just from looking at the picture!

are going to be showing films on the backs of the cars in front of you with that thing?

bongle wrote:

I'm assuming he's aimed it properly and that it isn't too dazzling, since it is a road-going HID from some other honda product.  My main concern about rules was that it might be too high.

I'm sure that when it's mounted on the other car that it's mounted lower and not on the top of the hood.   

HIDs themselves can pass the rules.  But to not be distracting/dazzling, this light needs to really be pointed down and that is going to take away from it's role as lighting the raceway.  Like the rules say:

DON'T OVERTHINK IT: A small number of high-quality, properly mounted, correctly aimed headlights or driving lights is much more effective than a large number of crappy add-ons, or overpowered projector lights, or fancy-pants spotlights.

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

Alright guys, thanks for the comments, I'll forward them on to the guy in charge of lighting.  I'll leave the pictures up so later comers can see what all your comments are in response to.

Car to Pit telemetry (OBD2, GPS, and analog inputs) with little more than a phone, router, and laptop.  It's not MacGuyver, it's WifiLapper (forum | facebook)

Bill Strong wrote:

okay, thanks guys. Be prepared for me to turn into a bitchy little girl at dusk. I hate those things.

Sure Bill, Are we really to believe that you don't act like that all the time?  hehe.  wink 

-Scott

Scott Barton

Well the good news is the mosquitos are gone...the bad news is knowing the midwest we might want to bring some snow tires lol. 

Quad beams and driving lights and we're rolling the dice on the alternator....

harddriveracing.com wrote:

Well the good news is the mosquitos are gone...the bad news is knowing the midwest we might want to bring some snow tires lol. 

Quad beams and driving lights and we're rolling the dice on the alternator....

I have a pair of spare alternators both from GM custom vans.  Stop on by if yours gives it up wink

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

Thanks a ton.  We'll have a parts car or two to pilfer.  I am going to try and pull the radiators in a couple of other parts cars I got to get our tire count up.  Holy expensive rubber!

Fried alternators ahoy! How far is the nearest junkyard? Oh wait, junkyards aren't open at 4:00 AM!

MurileeMartin wrote:

Fried alternators ahoy! How far is the nearest junkyard? Oh wait, junkyards aren't open at 4:00 AM!

Its OK rats can see in the dark....hehe

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

We'll have 3.

Bill Strong wrote:

okay, thanks guys. Be prepared for me to turn into a bitchy little girl at dusk. I hate those things.

Whiner penalty!