Re: We built a LeMons-grade fuel injector tester/cleaner

Hi Fabian,

Yeah, I can send you the code. I think I used a PIC18F2331. The schematic is just scribbled on the back of a piece of paper somewhere, but I think I still have it. Send me an e-mail through the forum so I don't forget.

Former chief proprietor and lead bad idea generator of Binford "More Power" Racing, 2010-2013: humbly self-proclaimed the best Chevy Beretta in Lemons history.

If you guys are worried about spraying gas in the garage, the simple solution is to simply do it in the driveway. yikes

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

On the spray pattern it depends on your engine. If you are just shooting fuel into the air stream you want it as atomized as possible to get the best chance at getting a homogeneous mixture by the time it gets to they cylinder. If your injector is pointed right at your intake valve, as most production cars, you want a jet. The jet shoots fuel to the intake valve which cools the intake valve--so it doesn't heat the air entering--and evaporates the fuel that hits it giving you a better mixture. Fuel is composed of different length molecules. The shorter ones evaporate easy and the longer ones do not. The longer ones can take well over 100 degrees to actually evaporate in a timely manner so by hitting a hot intake valve you are getting almost all of the fuel to evaporate so that it can be burned.

#2 1997 Ford Mustang 3.8 v6 -LeMonSpeed Racing

http://www.lenadamvar.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/spam.jpg

You know its been a few years since I can recall seeing obsolete around here or seen their car at a race.  Its possible this may not be that good of an idea.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page