Re: Best bribe of Lamest Day?

Judge Jonny wrote:

The Van Halen Camaro gave us a bottle Sammy Hagar's Cabo Wabo tequila, which is actually an exceptional tequila.

That came from Team Lebowski..that or you got two of em smile

"Don't mess with Lexas!"
Former Captain, Team Lebowski

computergui wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

The Van Halen Camaro gave us a bottle Sammy Hagar's Cabo Wabo tequila, which is actually an exceptional tequila.

Ah crap... I just assumed the Van Halen Camaro would bring us Hagar's finest.... sorry!

124 teams... getting harder to keep track

"This is the scene where I get shot," Bronson said. "I have these little squibs that explode to make it look like bullets are hitting." "Fascinating," said Bergman. "I never knew how they did that." "You mean," asked Bronson, "you don't use machine guns in your movies?"

Judge Jonny wrote:
computergui wrote:
Judge Jonny wrote:

Ah crap... I just assumed the Van Halen Camaro would bring us Hagar's finest.... sorry!

We (the Van Halen Camaro - Team Sucker Punch) gave them a cooler full of Wisconsin cheese, Sprecher Root Beer, and some Sprecher Beers.

We didn't need to give it to them as a bribe though - we got through legitimately with 0 laps.  We gave it to them to forward on to the corner workers as a thank you!

Judge Jonny wrote:
EvergreenDan wrote:

Was bribing done in the Penalty Box too?

At Stafford, some good beer and single malt got us the key to the poky, but a homemade pan of apple cake got no love when our knuckleheaded arrive-and-drive teammate sped in the paddock (and I have to see him at family get-togethers, too wink ). Fortunately, when we volunteered to fix the mis-installed (effectively unattached) harnesses of a poky-mate, we got out early -- like in about 8 minutes. I spend another 15 minutes working on a second poky-mate.

Note to the dude playing Stig: When I ask you questions about your harnesses and teammate physical dimensions, break role and answer me or the harnesses aren't going to fit the next driver.

That was a selfless act you offered up. Which is why you got out early.

And I wanted to smack the Stig, too.

Oh, and to answer your question, no, bribing is 100% over once BS judging ends on Friday. I've even (sadly) had to turn down a $100 bill.

Thanks Jonny. You would think that when 3 guys from another team jump into your car and basically take apart and reweb your belts, YOU WOULD HELP THEM! We saw some other cars that needed help as well but there was only so much time. I think that next time I'll whack the guy upside the head. If he stays in role he won't be able to say anything, if he breaks role at least he'll talk!

All in all we loved the event and it isn't worth whining too much now. I vote to keep the track and the event. On the other hand, how the hell could people not see the freeking tail rockets and hit us? Next year FLARES! smile

1985 528e Near Orbital Space Monkeys-GONE to orbit
1989 Rustang- "It's not like it's totally undriveable..."
"We came in pieces. We left in more..."

Judge Jonny wrote:

No worries, you guys got enough to do without itemizing bribes.

We were clean too, but couldn't pass up the bribe tradition. 

Not to mention, it gave us the opportunity to provide the judges with dude certificates...not to be taken lightly smile

"Don't mess with Lexas!"
Former Captain, Team Lebowski

The trouble is... we are going to have to OUTDO ourselves next time.....

I mean, you didn't even remember the two bottles of Highland Signatory came from us... unless you got FOUR?????

OK, Dino engine out...  LS in...

Owner: Stanford Motorsports (sounds better than it is!)
Lamest Day entry:  Team EAU RUDE  silver/red NON-CHEATING Sentra SE-R #40  (Crew Chief, Large Fat Bald Guy with white Mutton Chop sideburns)
Other nonsense:  Solo Director, Cincy SCCA, Board of Directors, Cincy SCCA

Judge Jonny wrote:

The bread was from Philly.

They left with only 20 laps.

that sounds about right.  the quality of the bread is what makes or breaks a sammich.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11