Re: What fails?

I was....Mario Andretti was F1 champ, some peanut farmer was in the White House, V-8 Mustangs were slower than Civics and the Stones were still relevant....

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

jimeditorial wrote:

...and the Stones were still relevant....

Hey!! So was Vittorio

Yeah baby!
#47 Impreza:  2009 Lamest Day; 3rd / 2010 Capital Offense; 4th (with a blown head gasket) / 2010 New England something or another; 60 somethingth, f'n wheel bearing / 2010 Lemons Fall South 77th out a 101 - all 10 feet shot off! Then there was Miami...

You bet! Look at his wet races in a POS customer March and you wonder what might have been in a Lotus 79....Vittorio Brambilla: every corner deeper and faster than the last...

Jim "Endo" Anderton

jimeditorial wrote:

I was....Mario Andretti was F1 champ, some peanut farmer was in the White House, V-8 Mustangs were slower than Civics and the Stones were still relevant....

V8 mustangs are still slower than civics, the stones are making a come-back, we have a illegal socialst in the white house and there are still andrettis racing...

So other than your skill... not a lot has changed.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Riktor wrote:

So other than your confidence... not a lot has changed.

Fixed that for ya.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

Civics are faster than Mustangs? That's news to me...

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

ronman wrote:

In 1980 Mustang had an anemic 255 small block....about 120 HP. One of the buff books (Car and Driver?) outran a Mustang in the 1/4 mile with a Civic. A stock Camaro base 305 was about 140 HP....dismal times for enthusiasts. I saved on haircuts, though.

Jim "Endo" Anderton

Loren wrote:
Riktor wrote:

So other than your confidence... not a lot has changed.

Fixed that for ya.

That's why I back Brambilla....confidence over skill every time!

Jim "Endo" Anderton

59 (edited by ronman 2009-10-23 11:12 AM)

I'm well aware of the Malaise era, Jim. I was referring to this:

Riktor wrote:

V8 mustangs are still slower than civics, the stones are making a come-back, we have a illegal socialst in the white house and there are still andrettis racing...

ronman wrote:

You'd have to be balls deep into the tuner scene... Not counting kids in their parents cars I have seen countless "men" in thier 5.0's and 4.6 mustangs get eaten by a B16 or B20 Civic...

Not to mention Auto-X and trackday prowess... seems to be more douche-baggery in Mustangs than in Civics... so there for as a whole... Civics are faster.

Granted I have been off the street for about 5 years now and things may have changed.

Sons of STIG
Judge Jonny, "So, what's the next formerly thought to be immune from winning that will steal the nickels?An MR2? A Fierro (ha ha ha)? A Datsun/Nissan Z? A Camaro?"

Riktor wrote:
ronman wrote:

You'd have to be balls deep into the tuner scene... Not counting kids in their parents cars I have seen countless "men" in thier 5.0's and 4.6 mustangs get eaten by a B16 or B20 Civic...

Not to mention Auto-X and trackday prowess... seems to be more douche-baggery in Mustangs than in Civics... so there for as a whole... Civics are faster.

um, what?

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

Puff, puff, pass, man.

this topic has failed since late page 2. so, going back, the best answer so far is "everything fails."

hell, i almost even failed to notice and started typing up a response to the mustang vs civic topic that broke out...

go to city auction and buy a retired fleet vehicle

it may be 10 years old and 200k but you cant beat the service/maintence records of a city fleet vehicle

things i've notice from pasted races:
honda = headgasket
bmw = usually electrical
nissan = sometimes just fails completely(engine, trans, or electric)
ford prod. = depends on the model
Chysler prod. = depends on model
gm prod. = depends on model

i know im forgetting several but for all of them BRAKES, COOLING, OIL, and DRIVER ABUSE (on track)   (fleet or not)

and for non-fleet vehicles; the abuse the vehicle suffered before you found it in the graveyard usually play a bit of a factor also (i.e. what didnt fail when you found WILL FAIL at the track)

but be real people this is Lemons, Murphy will be glad to lend a hand when you least need it, or in rarer cases help you.