Re: To whoever PITed me...

TeamPettyCash wrote:
RA Jolo wrote:

I've definitely been on the receiving end of bad and aggressive driving and would rather not have my car be on the giving end of that transaction. Sorry for making the race worse, it's definitely not our intent.

Thanks for your good attitude.  Once I get some video edited I'll send you a link.  Cheers.

-Matt

Seconded, thanks Jolo.
As b4, whoever was at midnight-to-two was all over the road and faster than many other cars... but kinda unpredictable in passing moves - The crowd whoever drove was hanging with was also all over the road, so I'm certain than didn't help.
Like a pack of friggin pirhanas.
My annoyance was with the extreme cuts used in blending back in after/during a pass - there was little, no, or negative room off your rear quarter when the car jerked more-or-less back into line - which would cause a bunch of jinking in the crowd around/behind you, which your driver wouldn't have seen...

Stuff to learn, we all did at some time either by observation or participation. Thanks again for being open on a quick reply!

CM

Re: To whoever PITed me...

jimeby wrote:

Back to the 33 Volvo which I found very annoying around 1am... I caught, then attempted to pass that car between On Ramp and Cotton Corners at which time they decide to race me two wide into Cotton Corners and use slower traffic as a pik to keep be back. They then proceeded to run two wide through Cotton Corners with whoever was ahead of me. Having well enough of that foolishness I hung back til I got to the Dragstrip where I could soundly put that accident waiting to happen far behind me. So, when I discovered which car was complaining about being punted, my reaction went something like; "gosh, *big* surprise there..."
Dude, if you're not like 3 laps from the finish and a car easily catches you and then pulls out to pass... just let them go. In the overall scheme of things you loose less time than if you make it hard for them to proceed on their (faster) way, piss them off, make them take a risk and end up either punting you on purpose or by accident.
Jim - 666 Camaro 12:30 am - 2 am.

I'll apologize up front for whatever ass-hattery pulled by the Volvo here. It wasn't me, I don't recall who was driving at 1AM. I will pass on your concerns to the rest of the team in hopes that it won't happen again. I typically let faster cars pass, there is no point defending a line with that kind of disparity. We did have  lighting issues, and some of that might have been related with the inability to see Apexes or the track well. Not sure, like I said, it wasn't me.

Again apologies. That a being said, I don't think there is any excuse for pitching someone off the track on purpose. I hope that people don't even consider that a possibility. The biggest thing going through my mind during my slide was "please don't roll, please don't roll...". And thanks to the Sub for fessing up. No harm done, glad that no one got hurt. and glad to hear I wasn't doing something stupid to cause it (at that point anyway..) smile

imMobile 1 Racing -  '86 Porche-ish 944T