Re: (un) OFFICIAL 2010 SCHEDULE!!!

KTL wrote:

G-man will be a hoot too.  But the pavement there is something fierce.  Some teams with their rock hard 600 treadwear tires are going to be skating around that track!

In early april everyone might be skating around the track no matter what tires you have.  Well unless spikes are allowed. smile

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

A couple years ago, the April Gingerman SCCA National was run in snow behind the pace car to half distance.  If you're lucky enough to get by without snow, the SW Michigan sand will be the next hurdle.... it's everywhere!!

KTL wrote:

Autobahn!!!  YEAH MAMA-  40 min. from my house.  WOO FUCKING HOO!!!!  If this thing goes full course, oh man, some people are going to get lost out there!!!

G-man will be a hoot too.  But the pavement there is something fierce.  Some teams with their rock hard 600 treadwear tires are going to be skating around that track!

Next year is going to be orgasmic......

I am just hoping for south course.  Talking to people at the track it sounded like the initial conversation was about the north course.  I like both tracks but prefer south personally.

I dunno...between the number of events that Lemons is running and Chumpcar, I see crapcan burnout coming. Maybe not next year, but the year after. I only race 4 events a year at my home track and for points too. Maybe making Lemons a points series will keep some interest. But you can have too much of a good thing.

Bryan Bartzi
Nelson Ledges Roadcourse

Bryan KF8G wrote:

I dunno...between the number of events that Lemons is running and Chumpcar, I see crapcan burnout coming. Maybe not next year, but the year after. I only race 4 events a year at my home track and for points too. Maybe making Lemons a points series will keep some interest. But you can have too much of a good thing.

Nah, they are turning people away right now.  This will give more people a chance to try it.

Holy crap. This is a conundrum. Clearly I am going to have to quit my job in order to pursue my racing addiction. But my job fuels my racing addiction.

Solution: I need a sponsor.
Step 2: Steal underwear.
Step 3: ?
Step 4: Profit.

That will work

BTW, thanks to the Lemons crew for the "Dallas" race. Eagles Canyon is a fun track, lots of elevation changes out in the middle of nowhere. That's going to be a fun track to run for this event. Really, really fun.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Id be happy with 100 spots on the grid...and having only 80 cars enter and 70 show up!  Yes there is a saturation point and we will certainly find it.  But at the moment I say let her ride and see how far it goes!

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

With this 2010 schedule it looks like we (My brother, me, and others) are going to throw our collectives asses into the ring and try for the Chicago Autobahn in Oct.

Not that I’m prejudice  or prone to make judgments and call names but I noticed those dope smokin’, hippy lovin’, Kaliforniacate liberals who run this series still don’t know the difference between South Carolina and North Carolina.  Charlotte NC and Kershaw SC are in two different states and 64 miles apart.

Now in Kalifornia, 64 miles might not be much, but in the two “Carolinas” there had better be a couple of gas stations in-between to grab a couple of cold beers and put some gas in the 4x4 if you’re travelling from one to the other.

See y'all in SOUTH Carolina at CMP.   ;-)

Bill Hamilton
Infidel Racing
Team Number 3
1988 Mustang 2.3 liter with 88 Shetland ponies under the hood

Infidel number 4 wrote:

Not that I’m prejudice  or prone to make judgments and call names but I noticed those dope smokin’, hippy lovin’, Kaliforniacate liberals who run this series still don’t know the difference between South Carolina and North Carolina.  Charlotte NC and Kershaw SC are in two different states and 64 miles apart.

Now in Kalifornia, 64 miles might not be much, but in the two “Carolinas” there had better be a couple of gas stations in-between to grab a couple of cold beers and put some gas in the 4x4 if you’re travelling from one to the other.

The karolinas are essentially interchangeable wastelands full of bugs the size of New York City subway rats and scary, tobacco scented locals that can only turn left.  The only redeeming features of the karolinas are the quickie marts along I-95 that provide fuel and sustenance to people driving between the center of the universe (NYC) and the Florida craphole known as Orlando.

http://www.ducttapemotorsports.com/
http://www.teamdfl.com
"I can see it now, a pile of nickels and all the glory of being a real race car driver."
Prepping the Red wReck for the 24 Hours of Lemons

Happy... but sorta sad about NL.

Bill Strong
Racing Strong Motorsports
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/RacingStrong

87 (edited by Stevo 2009-10-16 06:50 AM)

Autobahn.
http://www.hailming.com/wpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/k2.jpg

TeamDFL wrote:
Infidel number 4 wrote:

The karolinas are essentially interchangeable wastelands full of bugs the size of New York City subway rats and scary, tobacco scented locals that can only turn left.  The only redeeming features of the karolinas are the quickie marts along I-95 that provide fuel and sustenance to people driving between the center of the universe (NYC) and the Florida craphole known as Orlando.

Why thank you.  That's probably one of the nicest things a person from New Joisey has ever said about the South.   You sound like a regular Yankee (those that pass through on I-95) and not a Damn Yankee (those that stop for gas and never leave).

Y'all have a nice day and if one of those nasty State Troopers happens to stop you for speeding on I-95 be sure you tell him you thought that was the speed limit and not a road sign, it usually works on the youngin's.

Bill Hamilton
Infidel Racing
Team Number 3
1988 Mustang 2.3 liter with 88 Shetland ponies under the hood

Bryan KF8G wrote:

I don't think it will burn out at all, but with the schedule going from like 10 races to (both series) 35 races, I think you'll see much lower attendance, especially after the midpoint of the year.  No problem, having a race with say 40 cars in it will mean more open track for driving!   For example, I attended four races last year, this year I'm looking at 6 or 7.  There's a financial and vacation time limit to what any of us can do.  So the schedule might have increased by 250%, but my participation only increased by 75%.     This could be seen as a move to eliminate/cripple Chump attendance.  If so, the move probably comes a year too late.

Jer / Schumacher Taxi Service
2010 Spring CMP I.O.E. winner
2010 Sebring overall winner
1996 Miata, 1991 BMW E30, 1987 coROLLa (retired), 1984 Citation (retired), 1993 Miata (retired)

90 (edited by ecugrad 2009-10-16 05:18 AM)

TeamDFL wrote:

How's that October snow in the North East?  Tony got his snow chains on his IROC yet?

Yeah, I just turned my A/C off earlier this week.  You can have your "center of the universe" bliss.

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

OverStimulated wrote:
n0m4d wrote:

YAY finally some races for us in the northeast... oh wait... nevermind.

Isn't CT northeast enough for you?

CT is, but I was hoping for races in the plural sense, and maybe one on a real road course.

Jer wrote:

Summit Point is a lot closer to the NE too!

You know, you are right, its only 8hrs from NH with is not that bad.  I was thinking WV was further.

I take back 50% of my sarcasm.

30 entries since 2009
#39 & #53 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
http://www.facebook.com/nhlemons

ecugrad wrote:

How's that October snow in the North East?  Tony got his snow chains on his IROC yet?

Yeah, I just turned my A/C off earlier this week.  You can have your "center of the universe" bliss.

An inability to deal with varying climate conditions is a classic sign of a lack of intelligence, probably due to the lack of genetic diversity that results from generations of karolina inbreeding. 

We need a dedicated thread for making fun of various geographic regions.  Hell, New Jersey merits its own thread.

"I can see it now, a pile of nickels and all the glory of being a real race car driver."

TeamDFL
    Seasoned LeMon

I rest my case

Fall South 09- 23rd place
Southern Discomfort '10 Magnum PU- 5th place
Spring South '10- 1st...... LOSER!

94 (edited by TeamDFL 2009-10-16 07:08 AM)

ecugrad wrote:

TeamDFL
    Seasoned LeMon

I rest my case

A true sign of stupidity is the fact that I willingly pay the equivalent of an embarrassingly high multiple of Lemons cars every year in property taxes.

95 (edited by Buzz Killington 2009-10-16 07:17 AM)

you chaps need to get a room and work out this apparent tension.  you're all a bunch of heavy-browed, pole-tossing Scots as far as I'm concerned.

Infidel number 4 wrote:

...and Washington DC is nowhere near Summit Point, which is actually several states away in West Virginia.  but you don't see Yankees getting our panties in a bunch over it.  Charlotte is simply the closest city to the track that any of those commie northerners recognize.  wink

3 CMP races....very sweet.  i love that track.

mike - Schumacher Taxi Service
12+-time loser
"Winner" - We Got Screwed, NJMP '11

TeamDFL wrote:

A true sign of stupidity is the fact that I willingly pay the equivalent of an embarrassingly high multiple of Lemons cars every year in property taxes.

So do I, and I live in Ohio.  Property taxes have gone stupid.  Hell, especially at work.  We have an office building and the property taxes are now our single largest bill - and it's enough to make anyone blush.

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.

sad about no NL - I really loved it.  Gingerman is closer to me but nowhere near as fun to drive.