Re: The newest Speedycop & the Gang Lemons car: Hint, it did 220 MPH new!

Team BenzGay wrote:
DC Doug wrote:
Team BenzGay wrote:

Needs an air cooled engine.

Okay, you make your Benz air cooled and we'll do the same... with our AIRPLANE!

Tried air cooling, and it threw a rod.

Your AIRPLANE came with air cooled engines, my Benz did not.

I wish it had come with engines.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT

ok, so you got an airplane, and your going to race it.
If your going this far off the deep end, why not use twin 12 cylinder engines.

Just to up the anti! 

:-)

everyone is probably at thunderhill but if anything comes up on "The Spirit of St. Lemons" there are a few of us still sitting on the edge of our seats

I just saw this thread.  It's gonna be spectacular.

Bring me the wings you're not using and we'll mount them to the top of the Civic.  See you Friday.

Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce
http://www.perpetualdownforce.com/

For suspension and driveline parts, I strongly suggest making some calls to Indianapolis.

The new Dallara DW12 shares almost nothing with the old IR05 IndyCar.

Absolutely nobody wants IR05 parts. Teams will send them out for the cost of shipping. You could probably get entire suspension corners.

The first workday for the construction of The Spirit Of Lemons is scheduled for this Saturday, the 17th of November, from 10am until dark. If you'd like to be a part of it, let me know. It will be mostly non-technical grunt work, like removing the landing gear from the wings, gutting stuff from the plane, and beginning teardown of the donor chassis.

Captain: Speedycop & The Gang Of Outlaws -'94 Mark VIII (Least Horrible Yank Tank Stafford '09, NOLA '10) '61 Caddy (Org Choice-NL '09) '63 Tbird (EPIC Repair Failure-Gingerman '10, I Got Screwed-Summit Pt '10, I.O.E. WINNER Stafford '10!) '77 Lancia Scorpion (I.O.E. WINNER Joliet 2010!) '67 Galaxie 500 (Judges Choice-CMP '11)
Future Fleet: 1957 Ford Prefect 1942 Buick 1959 Bugeye Project GLCOAT