Re: Free Range Racing tests uber pointless technology!

Just because you can't imagine how that spinning impeller-propeller could hurt someone doesn't mean it won't.  They call them "accidents" because they are usually the thing you didn't plan for...

I think that contraption is the most awesome idea ever and I applaud the ingenuity and the engineering, but I sure as hell don't want it on the track with me (or my wife who's also driving).

Why is everybody so worried about this?  Put a simple cage around it and put it on the track.

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

Jeff G 78 wrote:

Why is everybody so worried about this?  Put a simple cage around it and put it on the track.

Putting a cage around it was my suggestion... 3rd post in the thread as I recall.  It's that suggestion that started this whole discussion!

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

54 (edited by Jeff G 78 2009-10-30 06:48 PM)

Exactly!  My point is that it's an easy fix.  Hell, this is much safer than driving near a Fiero which could burst into flames at any moment. smile

BRE Datsun (Broke Racing Effluence) formerly Dawn of the Zed Racing
'74 260Z
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/editpicture.php … 2559430584

I think this goes back to psychology 101.  "The first step is admitting that you have a problem"... which some people here refuse to do, even after judicial intervention.

Lemons South 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Spring 2009 - Fail, Lemons Detroit(ish) 2008 - Fail, Lemons South Fall 2009 - Fail, Lamest Day 2009 - Fail, Miami 2010 (Chump) - 2nd!, Sebring 2010 (Chump) - Fail, Cuba 2010 - Crew Chief, Roebling 2011 (Chump) - 8th!, Sebring 2011(Chump) - 19th!

On a brighter note:  We made Jalopnik! smile

http://jalopnik.com/5392942/lemons-team … percharger

Fame and fortune makes it all worthwhile.  Oh, wait... where's the fortune?

EvergreenDan wrote:
Riktor wrote:

What relevance does this have to their bladed wheel of death?

Liability and breaching the signed waivers. I'm no lawyer, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that tech bribery if someone got hurt and the car didn't meet tech. Failure to uniformly follow the club/tracks rules was an issue in the case, which was settled out of court.

But you can't bribe your way through safety tech, just hella cheating tech...which is why there's a scramble to modify cages, harnesses etc....and even if you could, seems to me that the nature of Lemons is different than a track day....accidents should be expected, are warned about in the rules  and all participants know the cars are crapcans....difficult to see how a jury could look at this sport and not say that drivers race at their own risk...

Jim "Endo" Anderton
30 years of racing and still not Brambilla.....

jimeditorial wrote:

....and even if you could, seems to me that the nature of Lemons is different than a track day....accidents should be expected, are warned about in the rules  and all participants know the cars are crapcans....difficult to see how a jury could look at this sport and not say that drivers race at their own risk...

Yea, right.  The ambulance chasers would be tripping over each other to get a part of this one.

-- John Robertson / Schumacher Taxi Service

Know more about a Craptation, coROLLa and BMW than I ever wanted to!
Stafford 08, CMP Spring/Fall 09, Stafford 09, Nelson Ledges 09, CMP Winter 10, VIR Chump 10, IOE Winning Craptation CMP Spring 2010, and lots more