Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

firegremlin wrote:

You need more than 3 hours to replace an engine?...

Yes, Alex, I do. Especailly when it's not the same type of motor that was originally there. Not even the same brand. Nor from the same continent. And the donor motor is in a different state right now. Anyway, I'm getting older and need naps.

firegremlin wrote:

K-car is not for everyone. You should consult your physician to make sure that the K-car is right for you. Side effects may include thrown rods, blown transmissions, and random parts falling off. Known to the state of California to cause melancholy and despair.

Medicate with Professor Tetanus' Magical Mystery Snake Oil! It cures nothing!

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

So CP should I put down for ECR in May?  Katie's in for driving.  I'm going to give her a hat to race in so we're all good.

We may show up in the Barracuda anyhow. ( If they don't kill it in Mexico in April.)

This space for rent.

Yeah, put us down for it. Will work out the details with Justin. Troy might have a lead on newbies to run it at High Plains too.

Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

firegremlin wrote:

Actually...

If the car is still operational after Houston and has all its glass, I'd volunteer to run it at NHMP and then blitz-drive it across the snowy Northeast to get it to Road America.

Can you tell I'm in love?

I am a very simple person.  Figure out what you want to do - figure out the logistics with the associated teams - tell me what team name goes in what box.

The K it forward idea is for the car to be passed from one team to another.  You're like a K Car stalker.  I see nothing wrong with you guys picking up an empty slot if there are no takers. 

Mob rules on this one.

This space for rent.

Mob says firegremlin must change his signature to : K Car Stalker

Effective immediately.

Dangerous Banned Technology (NOLA 09), Judges Choice (Houston 2010), Organizers Choice (NOLA 2010), Most Heroic Fix (Dallas 2010), $100 from Jay's Pocket (Dallas 2010), Dangerous Homemade Technology (NOLA 2010), Ununhexium Legends of Lemons Status,  Index of Effluency (Dallas 2011), Most Heroic Fix - (Houston 2011), Index of Effluency (TWS - 2012), Organizers Choice (Dallas 2013)

Ok, if nobody takes it for NHMP by, say, Summit...

I'LL DO IT.

K Car Stalker

And if somebody will, I'll be glad to provide assistance, coaching, and stout whiskey, for those engine-swapping moments.

K Car Stalker

firegremlin wrote:

And if somebody will, I'll be glad to provide assistance, coaching, and stout whiskey, for those engine-swapping moments.

Count me in for assistance with painful swaps, late at night, too many vodka shots in, at NH.

Will trade stint in the newly unveiled Golf for stint in K-car madness. smile

(facebook.com/baconexplosions)

10x loser and 2x IOE winner (or is it wiener? Who cares as long as it isn't whiner.)

Team Sensory Assault wrote:

Effective immediately.

Well, there you go.

This space for rent.

I keep losing the key to the damn thing. I've spent more time looking for it than fixing the car.

Someone down the road, please install a start button. I'll even give you the button.

K Car Stalker

firegremlin wrote:

I keep losing the key to the damn thing. I've spent more time looking for it than fixing the car.

Someone down the road, please install a start button. I'll even give you the button.

Looks like a job for NMF Racing!  Let's hope we don't screw it up.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

firegremlin wrote:

Quit pulling the key out, if you must  pull, slip it under the seat or something

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Team Sensory Assault wrote:

Effective immediately.

How the heck do you change that?

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

i'll give you 300, count me in.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

Thanks, Brandon. Let me know if you have any excess drivers I can move onto the Kcar roster.

74 races so far.

Brandon, haven't you had enough misery from: in NSF race cars?

This space for rent.

Can one really have enough NSF in their life? I think not.

the Syndicate - 30 losses and counting ...
89 VW Jettarosa - #337 (11 motors later) <> 67 Mercedes 200 - #200, winner "most with the least" MSR Feb 11, IOE at MSR June 11 <> 88 Mercedes 560 SEL <> 76 Mercedes SLC - IOE at ECR March 13 <> now pimping performance parts for 1970-1980's Mercedes SEL, SEC, SL, SLC's

Hi all!

The car is probably at MMC already, or very close to being there. Our second car, the Sentra, will be coming in around 3pm, under its own power.

If anyone is at the track, please help my guys with everything they need in order to pass tech and not blow up the car. I have full confidence in their abilities but I feel like I left them short of tools and materials this time, not to mention the fact that this is the first time I'm not physically there to go through tech. I'm nervous o_O.

I'll get to Liberty around 4am on Saturday, so I should be at the track around 8am.

K Car Stalker

cpchampion wrote:

Thanks, Brandon. Let me know if you have any excess drivers I can move onto the Kcar roster.

Brandon never has 'excess' drivers, only deficit of prepared race cars.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

DC Doug,

Are you coming along to Gingerman with Speedy?

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

DC Doug wrote:
cpchampion wrote:

Brandon never has 'excess' drivers, only deficit of prepared race cars.

Well since the Passat wiring freaked out in December I've been in the same situation once myself.
Anyway, feel like coming over to ECR, Doug?

74 races so far.

Day 1 survived. I'm yet to meet the fine gentlemen who'll be getting this gem afterwards, though.

K Car Stalker

firegremlin wrote:

Day 1 survived. I'm yet to meet the fine gentlemen who'll be getting this gem afterwards, though.

Pictures or it never happened!!

This space for rent.

firegremlin wrote:

Check this thread, Soggy is stuck outside. No doubt he will work his way in with smooth talk and bacon.
http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … 70&p=5

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Brett85p wrote:
firegremlin wrote:

Check this thread, Soggy is stuck outside. No doubt he will work his way in with smooth talk and bacon.
http://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewt … 70&p=5

tSoG is at the Wallmart tonight, but will arrive early Sunday and knows exactly where to find you, Alex.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1