Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

Wendell34 wrote:

I'm interested in taking either the Buttonwillow or the Ridge duty or helping out whoever does. I want to try to talk a certain West Coast Lemon Legend with a Lemon tattoo and large pink jacket into being part of this. Seems like a natural. Seems like Lorin should be involved in this somehow as well. I know I can get the car to the Ridge if someone wants to help once it gets there. I need the mechanical help. I can do logistics and organizing. I can make myself available to "assist" with Buttonwillow since it needs to move from team to team and shouldn't be the same "team" doing both. I can assist with any of the West Coast races really. But I will make sure it gets to Ridge.
I drove the Biarritz. I'm familiar with the "car at a race and not a race car" mentality.


Neal- If you can make this happen @ ButtonWillow,I'd probably be foolish enough to join the team .......

40+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

BigBird wrote:
Wendell34 wrote:

I'm interested in taking either the Buttonwillow or the Ridge duty or helping out whoever does. I want to try to talk a certain West Coast Lemon Legend with a Lemon tattoo and large pink jacket into being part of this. Seems like a natural. Seems like Lorin should be involved in this somehow as well. I know I can get the car to the Ridge if someone wants to help once it gets there. I need the mechanical help. I can do logistics and organizing. I can make myself available to "assist" with Buttonwillow since it needs to move from team to team and shouldn't be the same "team" doing both. I can assist with any of the West Coast races really. But I will make sure it gets to Ridge.
I drove the Biarritz. I'm familiar with the "car at a race and not a race car" mentality.


Neal- If you can make this happen @ ButtonWillow,I'd probably be foolish enough to join the team .......

Well, you certainly know how to drive a car that happens to be at a race but isn't a race car, that's for sure. Chris mentioned in an earlier post that he is down to be involved and if that's the case then I'm pretty sure we can make Buttonwillow happen. And I've got the time off to get the car to the Ridge. So I think the West Coast is coming together.

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

I'd be interested in helping at The Ridge.  My shop is 30 minutes from the track and I run a Mopar resto shop.  Keep me in the loop.  Will be running our 64 Cuda but having another Mopar around is always a good thing.

Dumb question but what tires does it have?  Will it need new ones?  Sorry for sounding prepared, know this isn't the post for that.

Team Oly Express
Current car - 1964.5 Plymouth Barracuda, Former car - Size Does Matter 1967 Plymouth Fury
07 IOE Winner Thunderhill, 12 IOE Winner Sears Pointless
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Team- … 4609354407

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

Hey Neal I might have the waggy going to Ridge ,these snowbirds might take it there so I might fly up there or drive with you maybe.

Pit Crew Revenge Racing   Rolling chicanelimo,95Lamdspeeder,Gimp Pimp Cadi,300zx Car show kaboom!! 90 Wagovan, mazda v8 Lemons LOGO TATTOO!  Aces 84 Cadi Eldo Briattz I O E WINNER
Class C win with LemonOdy Cannonball Run Whambulance !EX K Captain
Lemons Trophy Truck ShaGuar Baby!

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

fabtoys wrote:

Hey Neal I might have the waggy going to Ridge ,these snowbirds might take it there so I might fly up there or drive with you maybe.

Let's do it! Will you take it for B-Willow and then I'll do the Ridge? I'll assist with B-willow. We'll talk.

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

I missed getting in on this insanity early enough... Any help you need at monticello.... I am always willing to help....I am only an hour away from the track off of I84 and have a lot of crazy resources. Let me know,
mmmm..K!

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

Thanks for all the offers to help. I've done a few A&D's but the rest of my team is total noobs so I'm sure we'll be woefully unprepared. Should make life interesting. Maybe I won't need to bring as much equipment so that I have room for the 10-12packs of beer I'm gonna owe someone.

Now I'm really gonna show what a noob I am. I've never applied for a race before and the deadline for Gingerman has already passed. How do I fill out a late app? Do we need to do anything special to let them know we're running the Special K? Is the car going to have a number already assigned to it or do we change it for each race?

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

108

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

If it can make it to Texas I have plenty of storage space and can transport it at least to ECR, if not MSR. Id rather not tow it on a dolly behind my camper if I can avoid it.

Team Lost in the Dark
Winner " I got screwed" and "Jay's dream car"
2012 Gulf region champs

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

cpchampion wrote:

OK, Tetanus Racing has too many cars to prep as-is to get ourselves into the "K-fray," but I can at least try to make things a little easier for the TX stops.

Let's try to get some n00bs off the fence with this thing: if the foster parents for the K-wagon for ECR or MSR are not an established team with all their own stuff, or are some out-of-towners from CA or IL trying to pack lightly, we'll take care of them in the pits. We'll include them in our food plans, loan fuel jugs, tools, hot-pit fire extinguisher, etc. I'll even bring along an extra tent to make their packing list a little bit easier.

Add OKS to that list.  So, between 3 teams, we'll have 'em covered. smile

Team OK-Speed : Civic Tape-R and Spec Piñata (RIP)
2011 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - I Got Screwed || 2012 Yee-Haw, It's Lemons Texas - Judges Choice
2012 North Dallas Hooptie - Personal Scolding from Jay "Award" || 2012 Heaps in the Heart of Texas - Judges Choice
2014 Shine Country Classic - Heroic Fix || 2015 Doing Time in Joliet - Class B Win!

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

cabinboy wrote:

Thanks for all the offers to help. I've done a few A&D's but the rest of my team is total noobs so I'm sure we'll be woefully unprepared. Should make life interesting. Maybe I won't need to bring as much equipment so that I have room for the 10-12packs of beer I'm gonna owe someone.

Now I'm really gonna show what a noob I am. I've never applied for a race before and the deadline for Gingerman has already passed. How do I fill out a late app? Do we need to do anything special to let them know we're running the Special K? Is the car going to have a number already assigned to it or do we change it for each race?

Email jay/nick directly.  See what they can do.

Bloomington, IN
We'll bring Beer!  Motorsports
Team Fiery Death! #0 2009 Lamest Day(65th), 2010 American Irony(24th), 2010 Detroit Bull(4th),2012 Capitol Offense (8th) 2012 American Irony (11 th), 2013 Capitol Offense (3rd) 2013 Chubba Chedder (4th, Judge Choice!) Now sadly part of a scrap pile. 
Toothless Racing Deadbeats #110 2011 Summit Point (61st) Currently being rebuilt into the new car!

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

I haven't been watching the forums for a couple days...

Albert, what in the hell have you gotten yourself into?

You know that WTR will help you if we can.  You've got my email address and sympathy.

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

112

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

When you Westies make a decision, cut, edit and paste the list to keep things updated.  For the guys in the mid west and south, there doesn't seem to be all that much chatter.  We may have to transport the Super K across the US.  Even if it becomes a Judge Mobile - That'll be ok.  It meets all the requirements; it slow, has a 12VDC outlet and character.

b

This space for rent.

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

yukadas wrote:

I haven't been watching the forums for a couple days...

Albert, what in the hell have you gotten yourself into?

You know that WTR will help you if we can.  You've got my email address and sympathy.

I guess I'll find out two months from now. But think about it, with all this help and sympathy what could go wrong? At least there will be plenty of beer and bacon (thanks to tSoG)

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

From Albert's signature.

cabinboy wrote:

You'd think I would have learned

HA!

"He attacked everything in life with a mixture of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which."   -Adams, Douglas.   The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

14x loser @ Gingerman, Autobahn, Summit Point, New Jersey, Road 'Merica, and Barber

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

davisriley wrote:
cabinboy wrote:

Thanks for all the offers to help. I've done a few A&D's but the rest of my team is total noobs so I'm sure we'll be woefully unprepared. Should make life interesting. Maybe I won't need to bring as much equipment so that I have room for the 10-12packs of beer I'm gonna owe someone.

Now I'm really gonna show what a noob I am. I've never applied for a race before and the deadline for Gingerman has already passed. How do I fill out a late app? Do we need to do anything special to let them know we're running the Special K? Is the car going to have a number already assigned to it or do we change it for each race?

Email jay/nick directly.  See what they can do.

I doubt Gingerman will be fill up, there could have only been a little over 60 cars last year, (we finished 61st with 20 laps completed.)

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

Wendell34 wrote:

Well, you certainly know how to drive a car that happens to be at a race but isn't a race car, that's for sure. Chris mentioned in an earlier post that he is down to be involved and if that's the case then I'm pretty sure we can make Buttonwillow happen. And I've got the time off to get the car to the Ridge. So I think the West Coast is coming together.

I'll be towing from the bay area to The Ridge.  No room for an extra car, but I can help with transport of spares, and perhaps caravan support along the way if needed.

bs

117 (edited by psychoboy 2013-02-28 03:14 PM)

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

is there anyone in saint louis going to gingerman? i might could gather it in st louis after gingeman and take it to ECR.

maybe meet in stlouis on sunday, april 14th?

dunno about being able to put together a team for driving it, since i'm not even driving OUR car in the N.Dallas Hooptie, and we're pulling in another noob for our fourth seat (all our other drivers are out of the country, out of the state, out of their eyesight, or out of their minds)

I might be able to get it up to High Plains, but again, not sure about fielding it.

i guess, if someone can build a team, we can work a deal on transport and seat time.

Team OK-Speed
Regularly losing in Class A
Soon to start losing in Class C

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

I'm going from STL to Gingerman but will be hauling our car up and back. Not a lot of Lemons teams in St Louis unfortunately.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

If nobody else wants it at Road America, I'll take it and run it. Can probably get a newcomer or two into it.

I'll leave it officially open for now, though, since I'm already planning to run a car-fulla-n00bs at RA, and this would just be a car substitution.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

I was thinking that once we finish the Gingerman race we would try to help get it started toward Texas. I was thinking of heading south on Saturday the 27th. If anyone is interested in helping get it the rest of the way let me know.

Newest member - White Trash Racing
Owner of the Traveling Hat

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

Ideally, it will end up abandoned at Lemons HQ, so that Nick and Jeff can juggle it around all the other dead-ass hoopties they've got parked there.

122 (edited by DC Doug 2013-02-28 09:35 PM)

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

Judge Phil wrote:

Ideally, it will end up abandoned at Lemons HQ, so that Nick and Jeff can juggle it around all the other dead-ass hoopties they've got parked there.

Ideally, it will spontaneously burst into flames in the middle of the paddock during the year end awards ceremony as it receives an (assuredly) on-the-fly and poorly considered award for its cross country epicness....


...and then Overzett or someone will dump it at HQ in the middle of the night... blocking all empty/handicap parking spaces...  creating an oily mini hazmat/superfund site...  maybe nudged up against a Cortina or a 2002...


WE CAN DO IT!

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

123 (edited by Spank 2013-02-28 09:59 PM)

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

Or, I think they should write it into the race winner's check, or it becomes a trophy on the spot for the season champs.

If you thought the toilet seat or concrete block was bad, Imagine towing a battle weary K car to the bank and trying to cash it in for $500.

124 (edited by NSF 2013-03-01 08:38 AM)

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

Katie learned that the joy of racing does not come without a price.  In order to race, you have to let Billy adjust your shoulder harness.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/23367_3925022982944_1924102086_n.jpg

And yes, this is the interior of the Super K.

This space for rent.

Re: Let the games begin - Who wants the NSF K Car?

Love the steering wheel cover.  That must stay for the entire year.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013