Re: It's time for an Official Thunderhill "ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA" thread!

See how awesome it will be when we are collecting the nickels with our "hopeless" car that everyone said would NEVER win! smile

We are thinking of changing up the theme too incase we have a case of hoff-a-litis thats bringing us some bad luck.

Wipers sorted on the 633 Uberbird...

Tail and nosecone fab to being this weekend.

Also, I found a light blue Sparco seat on CL... PERFECT color match!

Uberbird!

Fish wrote:

See how awesome it will be when we are collecting the nickels with our "hopeless" car that everyone said would NEVER win! smile

We are thinking of changing up the theme too incase we have a case of hoff-a-litis thats bringing us some bad luck.

I think it's the VG30 that's bringing you the bad luck. Perhaps a Toyota 5M swap would help.

MurileeMartin wrote:
Fish wrote:

I think it's the VG30 that's bringing you the bad luck. Perhaps a Toyota 5M swap would help.

Hmmmmmm I am a Toyota fan.....

oddly enough the wipers actually work on the 928 "estate".....is about the only electrical thing that does

Richard Doty
1984 Porsche 928 "Estate"
Porsche- "there is A substitute" Racing
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

His Highness has proclaimed lights will be acceptable at TH.  I thought it might be a good time to try lighting up (no, no, not the 420 kind) before we get to the pitch black 24hour race in Fernly.  I have no feeling on what is enough or not enough on lighting.  I have put 2 KC Daylighters (130w) on the old pig.  Maybe someone from the NL race or that other race in Portland can clue me in on what is needed.

sawinatthewheel...sometimes too much, sometimes not enough...just like life

sawinatthewheel wrote:

His Highness has proclaimed lights will be acceptable at TH.  I thought it might be a good time to try lighting up (no, no, not the 420 kind) before we get to the pitch black 24hour race in Fernly.  I have no feeling on what is enough or not enough on lighting.  I have put 2 KC Daylighters (130w) on the old pig.  Maybe someone from the NL race or that other race in Portland can clue me in on what is needed.

We used the stock headlights, plus a set of driving lights (Hella 500ff) aimed about 30 degrees out to try to see the corners.  Worked pretty good, especially once you knew the track, and not counting the fog. 
On a side note, if you have too many friends just aim them up so they hit everyone else's mirrors.  lol.
Tim

33 (edited by trekkor 2009-11-07 01:30 PM)

Which one of these is NOT a Porsche?

Can you spot the lemon?

http://www.914club.com/bbs2/uploads/post-1413-1213068051_thumb.jpg

Bonus points ( we'll share our penalty laps with you ) if you can name the section of track from TH...

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th
SP 2011- 105th ~ SP 2012- 119th ~ SP 2013- 139th ~ BW 2013- 17th
Follow Filthy on Facebook: Flailing Lizard Motorsports

trekkor wrote:

Bonus points ( we'll share our penalty laps with you ) if you can name the section of track from TH...

What is; turn 6 Alex?

35 (edited by trekkor 2009-11-07 08:54 PM)

Nope.
It's between 9 and 10.

KT

TH 2009- 40th ~ SP 2010- 13th Class Bad win!! TH 2010- 17th ~TH 2010- 16th  SP 2011- 20th ~ RF 2011- 13th Least Horrible Yank Tank ~ TH 2011- 79th

I'm crazy excited about this race.
More than anything else in recent memory!

KT

trekkor wrote:

I'm crazy excited about this race.
More than anything else in recent memory!

KT

I, too, need to see a therapist!

More than you can afford, pal. Daihatsu.
AFAP TH '09 - 95th
ASAP TH '10 - 34th - 1st Class C "Ugly"

Seeing our XJS had the death rattle at Button Willow we had to do a short term replacement until Phoenix so our leader came up with the car that should win the massively devalued prize for Lemons. It has taken me weeks to fix the wiring and bypass the critical systems to make it track worthy. With every dash light on and cylinders a pumping we will probably make it less than 3 hours before it turns into a smoldering pile of sour Kraut ! I LOVE Lemons!!!!!!!

Pendejo wrote:

Seeing our XJS had the death rattle at Button Willow we had to do a short term replacement until Phoenix so our leader came up with the car that should win the massively devalued prize for Lemons. It has taken me weeks to fix the wiring and bypass the critical systems to make it track worthy. With every dash light on and cylinders a pumping we will probably make it less than 3 hours before it turns into a smoldering pile of sour Kraut ! I LOVE Lemons!!!!!!!

your lucky.....our electrical nightmare won't even start....at least your runs... :>(

how about a side wager.....which electrical nightmare goes the longest (assuming they both start) before dying?? 

The Jag or 928???

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

40 (edited by Pendejo 2009-11-15 11:39 PM)

icemang17 wrote:
Pendejo wrote:

your lucky.....our electrical nightmare won't even start....at least your runs... :>(

how about a side wager.....which electrical nightmare goes the longest (assuming they both start) before dying?? 

The Jag or 928???

Your on! But read carefully! Jag is not coming! But car with 9 ECM's is! I still have not figured out why pulling the headlight fuse kills the drivers side coil
and turning on the A/C rolls all the windows down. How can we lose???? Oh and when you turn left the passengers seat moves foreword and backwards on it's own.

With all this quality automotive manufacturing i still cant figure out why Mexico still does not manufacture it's own car?

Note about Fire at Thunderhill - this just in...

"Yes propane heaters and charcoal bbq's are ok. Open pit fires are not ok in
any form and will be extinguished with a fire truck.

Shannon Ell
General Manager
Thunderhill Raceway
www.thunderhill.com"

"Chief Idiot" - Italian Stallions Rotary X1/9
Class Win (Bad) / IOE Win (Guzzi Fiat 600) / We Got Screwed / GRM Most from Least

cmice wrote:

Note about Fire at Thunderhill - this just in...

"Yes propane heaters and charcoal bbq's are ok. Open pit fires are not ok in
any form and will be extinguished with a fire truck.

What, no Nelson Ledges-style gasoline-enhanced particle-board bonfires in a sea of mud?

Ritual Lemons bonfire tradition?

8 time Lemons loser!
Go team Faster Farms! [ http://fasterfarms.blogspot.com ]

The rear defroster switch was cannabalized for a fan switch, cigerette lighter is the push-button start, the rear wiper switch now operates the front wiper squirter (signal stalk was broken when we got the car), but new blades and and a variable rate wiper switch mean we'll be able to see through the rain.  I just hope we can remember which one does which in the heat (or cold, as it were) of battle.

-TPC

30 Time Loser with Class C, Index of Effluency, I got Screwed and Heroic Fix Trophies who usually races, according to Car and Driver, The Greatest Road Racing Cherokee in History.

Check out our FB Page and follow our various exploits.

FreeRange wrote:

I'm rigging up our "self destruct" button to throw a couple fan blades at the Frankenmiata guys...  No more winning for you guys! smile

Can't wait!

We'll see you out there... if you can get that torture device through tech.

-Kyle
Eyesore Racing
"That's probably wrong, but it's worth a shot."

Pendejo wrote:
icemang17 wrote:
Pendejo wrote:

The Jag or 928???

Your on! But read carefully! Jag is not coming! But car with 9 ECM's is! I still have not figured out why pulling the headlight fuse kills the drivers side coil
and turning on the A/C rolls all the windows down. How can we lose???? Oh and when you turn left the passengers seat moves foreword and backwards on it's own.

With all this quality automotive manufacturing i still cant figure out why Mexico still does not manufacture it's own car?

That sounds about right......random electrical connections that don't show on any wiring diagram and make no sense.....  but it makes for quality time with a multimeter..

So what are you bringing...it does sound electrically challenged like the 928...so it should be a fair fight......

but what shall we wager......  hmmmm  something "electrical"....

Richard Doty
Dirt Poorsche Racing #2

MurileeMartin wrote:

What, no Nelson Ledges-style gasoline-enhanced particle-board bonfires in a sea of mud?

Disappointing, innit?

Official photographer/Team Police Brutality|Speedycop & the Gang
Lackey-mechanic-whatever/NSF Racing
Sycophant/Judge Phil, Jay Lamm, Kim Harmon
Galaxie Driver/not Parnelli Jones

icemang17 wrote:
Pendejo wrote:
icemang17 wrote:

The Jag or 928???

That sounds about right......random electrical connections that don't show on any wiring diagram and make no sense.....  but it makes for quality time with a multimeter..

So what are you bringing...it does sound electrically challenged like the 928...so it should be a fair fight......

We either wager pinks or a toaster. I am hoping the toaster because we know it will work.

As far as what we are bringing that remains a hush hush subject but you will know it when you see it. all 4800 lbs of it..

Maximo Pendejo

Pendejo wrote:
icemang17 wrote:
Pendejo wrote:

We either wager pinks or a toaster. I am hoping the toaster because we know it will work.

As far as what we are bringing that remains a hush hush subject but you will know it when you see it. all 4800 lbs of it..

Maximo Pendejo

a Lucas-electronics-afied Jag of course tongue

50 (edited by magnusracing 2009-11-17 09:25 AM)

a Lucas-electronics-afied Jag of course tongue

Good guess... but Lucas, while unreliable, never got close to this complex, thank the Gods.

I can't wait until we get our relatively reliable, simple, basic, light weight V12 Jaguar working again... this thing we're bringing is a nightmare.

Here is a picture of just SOME of the ECUs removed by Pendejo before welding the cage:

http://www.magnusracingclub.com/images/ECUs.jpg

Pendejo Engineering "Captain" - 1991 Alfa 164
1983 Shaguar XJ-S V-12 "The Two Ton Miata"
1995 Mercedes S600 V-12  - First car ever CLAIMED by JAY!
1980 Maserati Quattroporte - Judge's Choice