Re: Monticello trailer parking?

Agreed.

I like to plan these events as much as possible.  Planning helps to keep things moving in an orderly direction even when everything goes to crap.  It seems as if there is a plan!

Ya for plans!

See you guys in 2 or 3 days!

Ghetto motorsports - Car #555 1980 Mazda RX7 (3x winner of BFE GP / 1x 2nd place of BFE GP...BOO!)
Car #350 78 Chevy Malibu (Least horrible Yank Tank, Heroic Fix) (Gone)
Car # 556 1987 Mazda RX7 (6th place MMC 2013) (1st place Capitol Offense 2013)

tikibug wrote:

Didn't think about this til now but is there any reason we couldn't park excess cars on the side of the main road outside Monticello?  I know they said not to gum up their little entrance road, I'm talking about the main road, Cantrell, that you have to take to get to the track grounds in the first place.  Seems like someone parking alongside that road wouldn't have to walk terribly far to get to the track, less so if there is small wheeled transportation involved.

One of our more local drivers drove up last weekend to enjoy the sunny day and look for spots and for better intel.  The road to the track is very narrow and he didn't think that anyone would be able to park on it.  sad

No doubt though we will make lemonade and do our best with what we're given smile

bikesandcars wrote:
tikibug wrote:

Didn't think about this til now but is there any reason we couldn't park excess cars on the side of the main road outside Monticello?  I know they said not to gum up their little entrance road, I'm talking about the main road, Cantrell, that you have to take to get to the track grounds in the first place.  Seems like someone parking alongside that road wouldn't have to walk terribly far to get to the track, less so if there is small wheeled transportation involved.

One of our more local drivers drove up last weekend to enjoy the sunny day and look for spots and for better intel.  The road to the track is very narrow and he didn't think that anyone would be able to park on it.  sad

No doubt though we will make lemonade and do our best with what we're given smile

Yeah, there is no way you can park cars on that road leading to the track.

I just called Walmart and confirmed that they are indeed open 24hrs a day everyday. When I asked about parking she said we can park in the lower lot.

Well we will be partying back at the Days Inn in Liberty up the road

----------------------------------------------
Team Pimpalicous
94 Cadillac Seville SLS DOA 10 Capital Offense
87 325 Convertible

http://onlyhdwallpapers.com/thumbnail/woodstock_desktop_3646x2434_wallpaper-445856.jpg

THE NEW YORK STATE THRUWAY IS CLOSED, MAN!

You're going to have to chopped people in by Sunday, if history is any indication.

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

106 (edited by Mike C. 2013-04-04 06:32 PM)

wvumtnbkr wrote:

It looks like the area we are talking about is 125' x 500' roughly.  That is 62,500 sq ft. (measured from google earth)

If we have 120 teams and those teams spots are 15' x 40' that means if we use all available space, we will use 72,000 sq ft.

Anybody else see a problem with this?

If we take out a chunk roughly 10' x 500' (for a road down the middle), it comes out to 57,500 sq ft.

Even if only 95 teams show up, that is MAX capacity.  (without counting tech area, HQ, penalty box, etc....)

This could be interesting!

I am glad I like all of you soooo much!

Rob R.

our advance party is on site, and apparently "15 by 40" actually measures out to "12 x 29" - edited - the advance party was wrong - they got out a tape and 15 by 40 is 15 by 40.

Rally Baby 87 Audi 4KQ, Audi 90 Quattro Coupe, 1975 Mercedes R107, 87 E30s, E36s, the Whorenet, Rocco...
J. Phil: "Audis Never Win".  He might be right.But!, the K Dominates 2013 NJ and NH (not, but...). 
Stafford 2011 podium, 2nd NJMP 2013, Summit Point 2012 "WV ASSimilation award"
NJMP 2012 Organizer's Choice - R107, 2013 Monticello IOE Whorenet ! Organizers, CMP fall 2013 w/NSF

Mike C. wrote:
wvumtnbkr wrote:

It looks like the area we are talking about is 125' x 500' roughly.  That is 62,500 sq ft. (measured from google earth)

If we have 120 teams and those teams spots are 15' x 40' that means if we use all available space, we will use 72,000 sq ft.

Anybody else see a problem with this?

If we take out a chunk roughly 10' x 500' (for a road down the middle), it comes out to 57,500 sq ft.

Even if only 95 teams show up, that is MAX capacity.  (without counting tech area, HQ, penalty box, etc....)

This could be interesting!

I am glad I like all of you soooo much!

Rob R.

our advance party is on site, and apparently "15 by 40" actually measures out to "12 x 29" - edited - the advance party was wrong - they got out a tape and 15 by 40 is 15 by 40.

Which is to say, 15 feet wide is not as wide as you'd think (think Interstate Highway lane), and 40ft is WAY less long than you think.

Driver, Pit Monkey, Rod Buster and Engine Fire Starter
Team FinalGear

Well, couldnt convince the gatekeeper to lt us in, so we're lookin for the party out side. 8one4 7oh6 nine 77 two.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

tSoG is indeed stuck outside for the night, but he now has a solid playbook for free entry tomorrow morning.  No need to call tonight w/ offers of assistance... they're bedding down for the evening.

Speedycop/NSF Racing /Pinewood Dirtbags
'10 Summit, CMP3, Autobahn, '11 CMP1, NJMP, CMP2, Summit, G'man, Stafford, Charlotte, Autobahn, ECR '12 CMP1, NJMP, G'man, NHMS1, Summit, CMP2, NHMS2, ECR, '13 CMP1, ECR, Summit, NJMP, THill, CMP2, MSR, NHMS, Sears '14 Barber, Sears1, ECR, CMP1, NJMP1, BWillow, Sebring, CMP2, THill, Sears2, '15 Sears1, Barber, Ridge, THill, '16 Sears1

I read none of this in advance, but plan on running in the NHIS Lemons's event, and decided a great idea, would be to drive to NY and have all me gear inspected, therefore avoiding any issue I might have in my first race with inspection.   I took my wife for the ride.  Who would think you could not get in.  Not me.  Never noticed the red letters on the schedule.

At the gate 3 very nice gentleman explained that there was no way I was getting in without being on "the list".  After rehashing the same story and how far I had driven , blah , blah , blah, (always polite though),  I headed away with my safety gear unchecked , but I do not give up easy.  Time for plan B,

I needed Wi-Fi. My wife had her Ipad.  At the local MacDonalds I read on the web site the red lettering that said you had to be with a team.  I looked through all the teams I could think of on line, and the logical choice had to be Duct tape Motorsports.  Certainly they must be there.

We headed back to the gate, and as any good spy would so, (our theme is spy vs spy for the NHIS race) I attempted to deceive the guards.

On the second attempt i explained that I found out you had to use a team name to get in, and I was supposed to tell them "Duct Tape Motorsports" at the gate, and then pay a fee and they were supposed to let me in.   The CIA at the gate made calls everywhere and pulled out another list. On the sheet they found the 202 car. There were more calls, and I was asked who on the team could confirm this.

I said, ;Who knows....this is what I am supposed to do...tell you Duct Tape Motorsports, and I can go get my gear checked.

Finally they let me in, so Big Thanks to Duct Tape Motorsports, and yes my safety gear did pass, so see you all at NHIS.......MH

Jeez...this is a Lemons race.  Anyone only carrying three firearms, and being partially clothed should be allowed in if THEY sign a waiver.  MMC a little full of themselves?

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

DC Doug wrote:

tSoG is indeed stuck outside for the night, but he now has a solid playbook for free entry tomorrow morning.  No need to call tonight w/ offers of assistance... they're bedding down for the evening.

thanks for the help good sir. I realized at wal-mart the reason they wouldn't let me in. It was simply because I hadn't wore my corduroy suit jacket when announcing myself. Live and learn.

dead rabbit society: cultured 'n shit.

tSoG wrote:
DC Doug wrote:

thanks for the help good sir. I realized at wal-mart the reason they wouldn't let me in. It was simply because I hadn't wore my corduroy suit jacket when announcing myself. Live and learn.

And thank you for the bacon!!!!!!!!!!

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

tSoG wrote:
DC Doug wrote:

I think the Superman underoos on the outside would've gotten you in...

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!