Re: Anyone know anything about 1961 AMC Ramblers?

No worries about being too cheaty on a Rambler. Our Marlin has raced for 4 years with a 454 Chevy,  Jag IRS, and plenty other cool parts..... Never had one penalty lap. And its Had superchargers, fuel injection, Now a doublepumper Holley. Pretty sure you'd have to do some REALLY over the top stuff to get in trouble. I'm sure if we were actually out dominating the race that this would change for us. We are there to have fun.....sounds like you guys are in it for the fun too...Hang in there!

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

IT'S ALIVE!!!! Idles great with the rebuilt carb. First log range cruise tomorrow(by that I mean onto the highway) GoPro charging now. Fail or not I will post it up!

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Still planning on driving it down to Sears point in december? Really want to see it!

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

Yes, it will be driven (or towed by AAA) to Sonoma.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

80 (edited by cdickman12 2013-10-11 06:11 PM)

Drove it on the highway for the first time - it is so cool to have a street legal Lemons car!

Took it on the highway, got her up to about 70, lots of side streets, all on the way to the shop to install the disk brake conversion, which is on hold due to machine work necessary on the hubs.

Last part of the video here as promised (it was 20 minutes of driving in regular traffic) if you are interested.

http://youtu.be/DkHt6odZ6lM

edit was crappy spelling after a couple of cold ones!

Drove the Rambler into work for the first time today. Looks funny parked next to all the electric cars from the employees of the EPA. Got a few "your the devil" looks from my fellow employees and quite a few thumbs up on the highway on the way home.

Kind of made me think of this episode of South Park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FAI_-woNh4

Good work! love to see another Rambler on the road!

Made a quickie website with some pics, enjoy

http://www.pantingpolarbearracing.com/R … fault.html

New wheel tire package.

http://www.pantingpolarbearracing.com/Rambler/IMAG0165.jpg

Perhaps you would like to join the caravan of Myself, RichVS with the Checker cab, Anton in the K KAR and Phil, mocking us from his plush Lexus No doubt with features like heat, and civility. We are going to be blazing down I80 at a blistering clip of 55 or so. Not like you'd get left behind. Car looks awesome!

SeldomSeen wrote:

Perhaps you would like to join the caravan of Myself, RichVS with the Checker cab, Anton in the K KAR and Phil, mocking us from his plush Lexus No doubt with features like heat, and civility. We are going to be blazing down I80 at a blistering clip of 55 or so. Not like you'd get left behind. Car looks awesome!

I'm not driving the Lexus. Got something even more appropriate to my exalted station as Chief Justice of the Lemons Supreme Court.

Nice! Looks like Anton bailed on the K car so he can get his hooptie wrapped up. Trying to talk Cadillac Bob into joining the adventure.

SeldomSeen wrote:

Yes, what day/time are you planning to be headed through? Assuming no mechanical issues arise in your crapcan caravan?

The plan is to leave Wednesday 12/4, spend the night in Wendover, and get to California in the afternoon of Thursday 12/5. Probably passing through Sacto between 2:00 and 6:00. Hooray, Bay Area rush hour traffic with the K-Car!

Judge Phil wrote:

The plan is to leave Wednesday 12/4, spend the night in Wendover, and get to California in the afternoon of Thursday 12/5. Probably passing through Sacto between 2:00 and 6:00. Hooray, Bay Area rush hour traffic with the K-Car!

Not planning on going down until Friday, was gonna stop by EGR and hang out with the crowd there. I am not going to leave until Friday afternoon, then get a hotel, pitch a tent, something closer to Sonoma so I do not have to get up at 4:00 to get to the gates by 6:00 in the morning. Want to have my wits about me somewhat when I hit the track Saturday afternoon.

I too would like to stop by EGR at least for awhile. Not sure how that fits into Phils plans. Guess  we shall see..

Just found this for my Rambler this morning;

http://yubasutter.craigslist.org/pts/4088001589.html

That is a patriotic paint job if I have ever seen one!

Glory!!1!!! YESSSSSSS!

I need this, grab it on your way from Colorado please.

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/4141510206.html

OMFG. WANT. All it needs is MOAR PINK! Well and maybe some luggage on top. And awful contrasty two tone. V8 and a manual! Wonder bout overdrive?

Put 80 miles on the beast today, did fine until the last 10. Speedometer broke at 70 - oh well- then about a block from my house I broke the clutch linkage, it has a fabric piece that someone on the AMC forums sent to me for free. Good news is they make a repair kit for $6 that I can have before next weekend when I roll with the crapcan caravan down to Sonoma.

Here are the Dyno results from Evil Genius Racing this morning.

http://youtu.be/SSoasjspWAs

Cage 98% complete! Some finishing touches on the seat back bracing some pink paint should wrap it up.

Caged Rambler!

http://www.pantingpolarbearracing.com/Rambler/Website/images/IMAG0186.jpg

http://www.pantingpolarbearracing.com/Rambler/Website/images/IMAG0187.jpg

http://www.pantingpolarbearracing.com/Rambler/Website/images/IMAG0188.jpg

Sometimes a guy gets lucky - sometimes he gets super lucky.

In my search to find an idler arm which we broke last weekend someone from the AMC forum replied to me and is selling me a 99% complete rebuilt front end for my car for $300. And throwing in all the crap his wife wants out of the garage included that will fit in the same box.

This makes me want to do the happy dance!

Race Rambler will not be running into anyone's car now due to failing suspension parts!