Re: Anyone know anything about 1961 AMC Ramblers?

That's how it happens. You get an oddball car and wonder if you'll even be able to keep it together, then people start sending you parts, and soon you have so many "valuable" and "historic" parts that you can barely find a clear path through the garage, and you almost have enough spares to build a second car, and in the final stages, you begin to admit you actually like the particular make and model you are now living with.

That's how it happens.

Guilty. 'Nuff said.

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

Column shift domination!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6se7UKjARmY

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Wow....reminded me of a 1968 Mercedes gas 220 I bought  about 15 years ago. Had a 4 speed column shift. Took me a week to figure out where reverse was.....

Captain of the Speedholes Wrenching #365 1965 Rambler Marlin and owner of the "Cockroach 454 Chevy Bigblock". Collector Emeritus of awful crapcans.
Earned every finish with Blood, Sweat, Tears,  Smoked brakes,dead wheelbearings, two blower explosions, and a never-ending thirst for more fuel. Finished em all! Currently hiding in a secret base in the shadow of the "Race to the Clouds".

Stickers and Gauges installed. Now we are ready to race!

http://www.pantingpolarbearracing.com/Rambler/IMAG0247.jpg

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan

Is it racing at Sears?

107 (edited by cdickman12 2014-03-10 08:54 PM)

Judge Phil wrote:

Is it racing at Sears?

No Judge Phil - it is dominating at Sears!

Edit - add Judge to Judge Phil

Edit 2 - out of respect for the robe

http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LCO13/172-UG-BFEGP-2013.jpg

There has been only one other Rambler in Lemons history, and it has won a trophy at every single race. That's domination.

So this will be the oldest AMC/Rambler ever raced in history then right?

cdickman12 wrote:

Yes. Though not the first three-on-the-tree Lemons car. That was the NSF '56 Ford.

http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LSF13/0002-UG-LeMons_CMP_Fall_2013.jpg

I have some special, you have never tasted, super yummy, local Sac brew ready to grease the wheels of justice to sweeten the deal ready for you. Do you have a growler collection? If not I hope to start one for you.

I don't like the sound of "special sac brew"

Constructor/Owner/Driver - Billy Beer Ford Futura

Judge Phil wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

Yes. Though not the first three-on-the-tree Lemons car. That was the NSF '56 Ford.

[Sigh]-- you are making me miss the sChITROEN. It was a 4-on-the-tree.

Can wait to have a Rambler VS ToroNada battle for the ages.

Spank wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

And I'll be driving both! Woo Hoo!!!

Wendell34 wrote:
Spank wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

Neil, I think this violates the non-competition clause you signed when you joined the team smile

cdickman12 wrote:
Wendell34 wrote:
Spank wrote:

Neil, I think this violates the non-competition clause you signed when you joined the team smile

Was that on page 40 or 41 of the contract? It all started to become a blur.

Wendell34 wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:
Wendell34 wrote:

Was that on page 40 or 41 of the contract? It all started to become a blur.

Don't worry. I have alerted the authorities, they are on their way now.

Spank wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:
cdickman12 wrote:

We need a photo shoot of all the "Classic" cars sometime on Friday. Who else is bringing a Classic ride? Maybe take them up to T7 on the hill? Anyone going to be at the race who would e willing to shoot this pic for us?

cdickman12 wrote:
Spank wrote:
Judge Phil wrote:

We need a photo shoot of all the "Classic" cars sometime on Friday. Who else is bringing a Classic ride? Maybe take them up to T7 on the hill? Anyone going to be at the race who would e willing to shoot this pic for us?

Do it like a car show. Line them all up. Get some of those weird little dolls that lean against the cars. It'll be awesome.

We'll at least need to line up all the cars that Neal (attempts) to drive at Pointless.

Spank wrote:

We'll at least need to line up all the cars that Neal (attempts) to drive at Pointless.

Just remember, his ass is mine for the first 2 hours. Then I offer you up this deal, a stint in the Rambler, for a stint in the Toronada.

cdickman12 wrote:

Just remember, his ass is mine for the first 2 hours. Then I offer you up this deal, a stint in the Rambler, for a stint in the Toronada.

I don't know how the stints are going to work out that weekend. I've "oversold" the team by a driver to help finance a garage, which means I probably will have to give up my stints to the others who paid and traveled far and wide to A&D. I gotta make sure everyone gets their time before I start making deals to swap out any time that might be left for me.

She's for sale, though, so you could always just buy 'er after the race and then use 'er at Miller Motorsports Park wink

Spank wrote:

Five at this point. Wanted to try to do one or two more. My C class extravaganza weekend. I almost put my name in to drive the Billy Beer car and the Pinto when they were looking. I was supposed to drive the Mazda V-8 originally too. What is the limit on time I can handle being in a car? What is the limit of my scheduling ability? What is the limit of my good sense? Or bad decisions?
We will see if I find it in these five cars.
Rambler!!!
K-Car
ToroNada
Prius x2

There are so many good cars to drive and only 14 hours or so to do it.
If any other C class cars are looking to fill a stint or two, come find me at the track. Maybe I can fit one or two more in.

Wendell34 wrote:
Spank wrote:

Five at this point. Wanted to try to do one or two more. My C class extravaganza weekend. I almost put my name in to drive the Billy Beer car and the Pinto when they were looking. I was supposed to drive the Mazda V-8 originally too. What is the limit on time I can handle being in a car? What is the limit of my scheduling ability? What is the limit of my good sense? Or bad decisions?
We will see if I find it in these five cars.
Rambler!!!
K-Car
ToroNada
Prius x2

There are so many good cars to drive and only 14 hours or so to do it.
If any other C class cars are looking to fill a stint or two, come find me at the track. Maybe I can fit one or two more in.

5 Cars, Looks like Spank, Chris, and I will have to have a team captain's meeting to discuss who gets custody of you. Although, once you drive Race Rambler, you'll know which roof is better to live under.

125 (edited by cdickman12 2014-03-24 08:03 AM)

What I now know about 1961 Rambler is that it is now an IOE winner!

Thank you to Paul Ruggeri, Chris Overzet, Neal Losey, and Steve McDaniel for all your hard work, great driving, and great camaraderie.

Faustest Racing, thanks for the welding help this morning with the oil dipstick.

The clutch burnt out while loading it on the trailer, we have some minor oil leaks to fix, and to all our surprises it only ate 1 quart of oil the whole weekend. 

It shall be back on the track in the near future after our repairs have been completed.